RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,329
Posts: 5,353,110
Members: 24,618
Currently online: 724
Newest member: jmacenulty

TrekToday headlines

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 27 2012, 10:41 PM   #16
Vito Corleone
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Vito Corleone's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere in Space and Time...
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

teacake wrote: View Post
The real question here is why is Vito Corleone the color of blood.
What can I say, my job gets messy.
Vito Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 12:51 AM   #17
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

Star Grinch wrote: View Post
The whole concept of Klingon cultists doesn't bother me. The concept of them running into space doesn't bother me. Really the odds that they just happen to run into Voyager does. That does stretch credibility to say the least.
No, it was faith.
Wasn't the whole reason they set out on the journey was that they were looking for the child in their prophecy?
Acts of religion and faith don't have to be proven to be credible.
Wasn't that the point of the ep.?
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 06:00 AM   #18
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

The point is wrong.

Jones Town proved that.

Idjits attach faith to ungrateful and poisonous concepts constantly.

For that point to be right, the so called faithful would have to have faith in a concept that benefits them, even though it wouldn't matter if it didn't, since faith is more important than how well the concept treats the faithful.

Job was a punk.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 09:23 AM   #19
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

Jones Town nor Job is relievant to the episode or current topic of conversation.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 12:54 PM   #20
R. Star
Rear Admiral
 
R. Star's Avatar
 
Location: Shangri-La
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

exodus wrote: View Post
Star Grinch wrote: View Post
The whole concept of Klingon cultists doesn't bother me. The concept of them running into space doesn't bother me. Really the odds that they just happen to run into Voyager does. That does stretch credibility to say the least.
No, it was faith.
Wasn't the whole reason they set out on the journey was that they were looking for the child in their prophecy?
Acts of religion and faith don't have to be proven to be credible.
Wasn't that the point of the ep.?
It's a good thing they didn't just randomly run into the Enterprise D then... Alexander would be their messiah then, and that would screw up any religion more than it already is.
__________________
"I was never a Star Trek fan." J.J. Abrams
R. Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 12:55 PM   #21
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

He's not the Messiah he's just a very whiney boy!
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 09:17 PM   #22
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

exodus wrote: View Post
Jones Town nor Job is relievant to the episode or current topic of conversation.
Jim Jones said "Lets do some thing stupid because it's our religion."

Kholar said "lets do some thing stupid because it's our religion."

Death and permanent exile ain't too different when the actual place they think they're going is some nirvana like local because that's what their religion tells them.

Seems exactly the same.

God gave Job a plague, quite a few if I recall, and he did the same to these Klingons, and in both cases theses victims were celebrating the asshole that whacked them the plague stick because it's part of some mysterious magical plan,

By the way?

The Klingon Captains name was Collar?

As in dog collar?

What the priests wear, as well as what the dogs wear.

The Captain is a leash.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2012, 01:52 AM   #23
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

Star Grinch wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Star Grinch wrote: View Post
The whole concept of Klingon cultists doesn't bother me. The concept of them running into space doesn't bother me. Really the odds that they just happen to run into Voyager does. That does stretch credibility to say the least.
No, it was faith.
Wasn't the whole reason they set out on the journey was that they were looking for the child in their prophecy?
Acts of religion and faith don't have to be proven to be credible.
Wasn't that the point of the ep.?
It's a good thing they didn't just randomly run into the Enterprise D then... Alexander would be their messiah then, and that would screw up any religion more than it already is.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2012, 01:54 AM   #24
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Jones Town nor Job is relievant to the episode or current topic of conversation.
Jim Jones said "Lets do some thing stupid because it's our religion."

Kholar said "lets do some thing stupid because it's our religion."

Death and permanent exile ain't too different when the actual place they think they're going is some nirvana like local because that's what their religion tells them.

Seems exactly the same.

God gave Job a plague, quite a few if I recall, and he did the same to these Klingons, and in both cases theses victims were celebrating the asshole that whacked them the plague stick because it's part of some mysterious magical plan,

By the way?

The Klingon Captains name was Collar?

As in dog collar?

What the priests wear, as well as what the dogs wear.

The Captain is a leash.
You're just rambling.
You know that, right?
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2012, 03:50 AM   #25
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

I have a process that after all these years you should be able to read through.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2012, 06:11 AM   #26
Dale Sams
Captain
 
Dale Sams's Avatar
 
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

Hell, DS9 recognized Defiant as being a Fed ship immediatly (when it first appears), and it looks much less like a classic Fed ship than Voyager does.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2012, 06:18 AM   #27
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

They recognized the warp geometry, not the hull architecture.

Even if Voyager looks a little like a ship form the 23rd century, it's warp fields and ion trail would be a completely different and unrecognisable technology to such anachronists.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2012, 06:57 AM   #28
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I have a process that after all these years you should be able to read through.
You're here all the time, I am not.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2012, 07:02 AM   #29
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
They recognized the warp geometry, not the hull architecture.
They could they recognize hull architecture if it was cloaked upon the first time seeing it? After decloaking they would have recognized the blue hue of the necells and insignia as a Starfleet ship.
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
They recognized the warp geometry, not the hull architecture.

Even if Voyager looks a little like a ship form the 23rd century, it's warp fields and ion trail would be a completely different and unrecognisable technology to such anachronists.
Isn't warp signature how the Kazon tracked it?
It would be the only ship in the quad. sending out a signal foreign to that region of space. If an alian species could track it, why couldn't Starfleets own officers regardless of it's century. They'd just recalibrate their sensors.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2012, 09:03 AM   #30
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: About that episode with the Klingon D-7 attacking Voyager...

Tracking warp bubbles is how medium and long range sensors work.

At least with ships.

If they don't have an obvious transponder yelling about who they are and their intentions.

Archers Enterprise faked some other species warp signature when they were going in deep where they weren't supposed to.

You're here all the time, I am not.
And you keep coming back to me.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.