Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old August 22 2012, 11:54 PM   #16
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek Triton Updates

Mwahaha it will NEVER END.
Andymator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2012, 12:55 AM   #17
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

Cool!
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 07:26 PM   #18
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

As promised; here's a post on our casting! This process was so fun! Probably because Jason did most of the work with organizing meetings and casting calls and all that stuff, I just showed up and chose from an embarrassment of riches, heheheh. The Ottawa indie film scene is really awesome and there were so many actors who are great passionate people I got to meet. It was really inspiring. I'm so excited to get to work with these great folks and make something cool.

Dan DeMarbre as Captain Barret

When we knew we were going to do a live action film one of the things I was worried about was finding our captain. I thought that the reality of doing this kind of no-budget genre film making is that it would be easier to find a younger actor that has the ability, physicality, desire AND availability rather than an older one. My answer to that was to develop the Young Captain concept, a guy on his first command with a lot to prove and a lot to learn. He's not yet a James Kirk or Jean-Luc Picard, but he's on his way to becoming one.

It's such a hard role to cast because the character is so important to the Star Trek format, and Dan just feels like Captain Barret to me, a likable, unassuming, and hard working guy.

Kidist Tadesse as Lt. Commander Devon

While Commander Devon is initially a foil for the Captain, she's not necessarily the antagonist. They're both dedicated to doing what's right as they see it from their point of view. They're both protagonists, just coming from different perspectives.

I saw Kidist in another film early in Triton's development, and she just stuck in my head. A great actress that has the ability to really pull off this character.

There are two more lead characters I'll get to in another post, but they're not in the initial test scene we're going to film. That scene will just be Barret and Devon, and we're just waiting on costuming now... so it'll be shot very soon!! I can't wait!
Old December 18 2012, 08:55 PM   #19
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

Hi everyone!

Our costuming hurdles are almost over with! So far that's been the hardest part... There's some crazy cool stuff that we're going to show in the new year, and we'll finally get to start filming! A couple of things I wanted to throw out to anybody who's interested:

1) I would like to bring a CGI artist onto the team. We're doing a lot of physical miniature work for our effects, but there's still a lot of stuff that has to be done in CG too. I use Softimage XSI, so it would be really great if somebody also used the same software, but it's not a requirement. It's hard to find anyody else who uses XSI online heheheh.

2) We're looking to find somebody who might already have a screen-quality cardassian costume / prosthetics to appear in the film. Hopefully that would be quicker / cheaper / easier than having to create one from scratch. You don't have to be local. Does anybody know someone who might be interested in doing this?

3) We've got a facebook page over here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-T...ref=ts&fref=ts

Give us a like and come hang out! Feel free to leave any comments, questions, or ideas or whatever.
Old December 25 2012, 11:27 PM   #20
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

MInd if I pass this along to the larger Ottawa SF fan community's online forums?

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27 2012, 06:30 PM   #21
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

DEWLine wrote: View Post
MInd if I pass this along to the larger Ottawa SF fan community's online forums?
Go right ahead! We're all on holidays right now but once 2013 starts the fun will really begin.
Old December 27 2012, 07:51 PM   #22
Captain Atkin
Commander

Andy, I know a number of actors up in Ottawa, between the ages of 25 to 40. I studied acting for 3 years up at Algonquin College. A number of the actors I studied with are still in the Ottawa area. As for the Cardassian... is it a male or female part? Is it a viewscreen shot? I may know someone with prosthetics who could film it for you in front of a greenscreen.
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 01:44 AM   #23
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

Algonquin Animation, class of 1992. I got roped into other things, but I still have the sheepskin... :-)

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 05:26 PM   #24
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
Andy, I know a number of actors up in Ottawa, between the ages of 25 to 40. I studied acting for 3 years up at Algonquin College. A number of the actors I studied with are still in the Ottawa area. As for the Cardassian... is it a male or female part? Is it a viewscreen shot? I may know someone with prosthetics who could film it for you in front of a greenscreen.
That's exactly what we need John! The script calls for the cardassian Gul to be male, but it can go either way depending on availability. I would be forever in your debt if you could hook me up with somebody who could film the shot in front of a greenscreen.

DEWLine wrote: View Post
Algonquin Animation, class of 1992. I got roped into other things, but I still have the sheepskin... :-)
Heheh, we probobaly know lots of people in common! I've worked with a ton of Algonquin animators over the years.
Old January 15 2013, 02:25 AM   #25
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

If you head over to our facebook page you can check out some early work-in-progress renders of the starship Triton!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sta...39684042801883
Old February 12 2013, 05:05 AM   #26
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

Just another quick update! She's progressing slowly but surely whenever I get few spare minutes to work on her.

Old March 13 2013, 04:10 PM   #27
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

I started experimenting with prosthetic ears for the character of Leyna. This was the first try, and I kind of messed it up, but you know what they say; practice makes perfect!

Also, I should point out that the actress who will play Leyna is not in the pictures, that is just the wife standing in as my lab rat.