Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old December 24 2012, 01:20 AM   #16
BritishSeaPower
Commander

View BritishSeaPower's Twitter Profile
Re: BooksOnBoard has the lowest priced Star Trek eBooks

So we can shill for websites now?
Old December 24 2012, 01:34 AM   #17
JWolf
Commodore

BritishSeaPower wrote: View Post
So we can shill for websites now?
Only if the website is selling a Trek Lit related product.
Old December 26 2012, 08:33 AM   #18
Galekarens
Commander

JWolf wrote: View Post
Galekarens wrote: View Post
FYI, I just got the Cold Equations #2 (Silent Weapons) Ebook for $5.99 on Amazon, don't know if it's a sale that won't last long, but if someone has a Kindle, might be worth a look-see now! Oh btw the Persistence of Memory Ebook is also $5.99.
BoB is still $5.53 (with Google Checkout) vs the 5.99 for the first two Cold Equations eBooks. And, The Body Electric is still $2.06 more then at BoB. if you buy all three Cold Equations eBooks at Amazon, you will be paying $2.98 more then at BoB. But if you really enjoy spend more for the same content, feel free. Personally, I'll spend less and enjoy it more knowing I paid less.
Well it's convenient for me to buy Ebooks on Amazon for my Kindle; not a great techno expert. And I already bought the Cold Equations #1 paperback (at a discount) so won't also get the Ebook. And no, I won't pay full price for #3, don't usually do that w/books. Anyway, I just thought it's interesting that Amazon suddenly dropped the price of 2 newer Trek Ebooks, in my view saving $2 a book is better than nothing.
Galekarens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26 2012, 05:19 PM   #19
JWolf
Commodore

For those of you with a Kindle, do you still feel it's a good idea to pay more to buy from Amazon when the price is so much higher?

The Eugenics Wars, Vol. 1 by Greg Cox
Amazon: $24.03
BooksOnBoard: $16.82

The Eugenics Wars, Vol. 2 by Greg Cox
Amazon: 7.59
BooksOnBoard: $5.59

So do you feel that it's worth $9.21 more to buy from Amazon?
Old December 26 2012, 10:01 PM   #20
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

JWolf wrote: View Post
For those of you with a Kindle, do you still feel it's a good idea to pay more to buy from Amazon when the price is so much higher?

The Eugenics Wars, Vol. 1 by Greg Cox
Amazon: $24.03
BooksOnBoard: $16.82

The Eugenics Wars, Vol. 2 by Greg Cox
Amazon: 7.59
BooksOnBoard: $5.59

So do you feel that it's worth $9.21 more to buy from Amazon?
Why the hell are you so pushy? Let people spend their money the way they want.
Old December 26 2012, 10:34 PM   #21
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile

Especially since his "cheap" alternative is still way overpriced for Book One.

Seriously, anyone who doesn't have that book yet in some format, better goes for a used pBook copy, which you can get on the (German) Amazon Marketplace for less than a Euro plus shipping.
Defcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27 2012, 01:10 AM   #22
JD
Admiral

When it comes to the price for E-books, I really don't mind spending the full paperback price for them since chances are if I was getting a paperback version from a bookstore or one of the websites I'd probably be paying that much anyways. I'm even willing to pay a little since I'm saving the gas and time of having to go to the book store or pay for shipping. Now there is a certain point where I draw the line. The first Kahn book is a great example of that, I refuse to pay $24.03 for something that was $7.99 a couple months ago. But if it's like $9 or $10, I'm more than willing to pay that.
Old December 27 2012, 02:18 AM   #23
bullethead
Fleet Captain

JD wrote: View Post
When it comes to the price for E-books, I really don't mind spending the full paperback price for them since chances are if I was getting a paperback version from a bookstore or one of the websites I'd probably be paying that much anyways. I'm even willing to pay a little since I'm saving the gas and time of having to go to the book store or pay for shipping. Now there is a certain point where I draw the line. The first Kahn book is a great example of that, I refuse to pay $24.03 for something that was $7.99 a couple months ago. But if it's like $9 or $10, I'm more than willing to pay that.
I think the biggest problem with eBook prices is that they can't compete with used books. I've gotten at least 3 (at the time) brand new books at ~$1.50 by lurking around thrift stores. Even if you can't find some at local places, you can probably find them online for significantly less than MSRP, even with inflated shipping costs. eBooks (and most digital media) need to adopt a more Steam like sales model to really get people to go all in with eBooks legally.
Old December 27 2012, 03:21 AM   #24
ATimson
Rear Admiral

bullethead wrote: View Post
eBooks (and most digital media) need to adopt a more Steam like sales model to really get people to go all in with eBooks legally.
You mean where there's an occasional firesale, but generally they're the same price or more expensive than their retail counterparts?

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote