CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 4 2012, 10:26 PM   #61
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

I loved the bit with Steve and Kono chasing the naked, tripped-out bank robber.

Danny and the models was loads of fun, too. And I now join Danny in having a crush on Bahati Prinsloo.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 10:33 PM   #62
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

No doubt that the Victoria Secret models appeared via network request to promote the Victoria Secret's special on CBS tonight.

The mystery was way too easy to figure out once they revealed that the bank hero guy had cancer. And the hit man dying with cancer sure was spry enough to escape McGarrett and then take him hostage...still the show is fun as long as you don't think about certain events too much.
Old December 4 2012, 10:38 PM   #63
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

"We've secretly switched notorious hitman Martin Cordoza's regular chemotherapy drugs with pure adrenaline. Let's see if he notices..."
Old December 12 2012, 04:26 PM   #64
Top41

Did anyone else watch Monday's episode? The little girl playing Lucy was so good! I can't believe Danny got shot again... Steve is lucky he didn't get blamed! I have a hard time believing that Steve couldn't take Tom Arnold out, even with the little girl around... there seemed to be a few opportunities for him to get the jump on the guy. I loved the scenes with the Aloha Girls, and the scout leader was awesome. I wonder what Adam's brother did with Kono's gun...
Old December 12 2012, 06:58 PM   #65
Festering Esper
Admiral

That was the only thing I didn't like about the episode. They needed Tom Arnold around long enough for the other bad guy to show up so no matter how many times Steve could have taken him out he had to wait. They just shouldn't have made it look so easy to turn the tables on him.
Old December 21 2012, 05:49 PM   #66
Top41

I thought this week's episode was pretty good. The whole carjacking thing at the beginning just further illustrated that there's no way Steve would have not taken out Tom Arnold's character in the previous week's ep. Ah well.

I did love seeing George Takei playing Chin's uncle, who's a bootlegger! That was funny, as was Danny's reaction to being offered moonshine.
Old December 21 2012, 05:54 PM   #67
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I didn't really care for the kid's acting in this episode at least in comparison to the girl from the previous episode who did a really good job. He wasn't bad though. It might've been better if they had separated the two kid episodes instead of airing them back to back.

They need to bring Takei back.

Nice to see Catherine beat the crap out of Axel from The Walking Dead.
Old December 24 2012, 03:08 PM   #68
shivkala
Rear Admiral

I always love playing, "Spot the product placement," because it's always so blatant. "Here's a Windows 8 phone, kid, click on this LIVE TILE® and you'll be instantly connected to us," is only slightly less blatant than their actual commericals, "Why, yes, I'm Will Arnett."

Still, nothing will be the avocado discussion about the Subway sandwich from last episode.

Overall, this past episode was not as strong, in my opinion, than previous episodes. I do agree that they needed to schedule things differently. We had two "Steve and Dan" get kidnapped episodes (the boat episode and the girl scouts episode) not too far apart.

On a different note, the female voiceover for Target, that plays before the clip of the scene from the boat episode sounded very familiar. I finally figured that it sounds exactly like Jack Carter's smart house, S.A.R.A.H. on Eureka, which would be fine and all, but actor Neil Grayston voices S.A.R.A.H. (it was even a plot point that they recognized that it was his character's voice, made feminine, because Sarah Michelle Gellar never responded to his request).
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2012, 06:07 PM   #69
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

shivkala wrote: View Post
I always love playing, "Spot the product placement," because it's always so blatant. "Here's a Windows 8 phone, kid, click on this LIVE TILE® and you'll be instantly connected to us," is only slightly less blatant than their actual commericals, "Why, yes, I'm Will Arnett."
yeah these product placements for the Surface have been pretty blatant and not just on Hawaii 5-0 either - they've been showing up on NCIS:LA (can't recall if I saw one on NCIS) - don't think they are quite so blatant with with product placement.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 25 2012, 12:17 PM   #70
lennier1
Commodore

Marc wrote: View Post
yeah these product placements for the Surface have been pretty blatant and not just on Hawaii 5-0 either - they've been showing up on NCIS:LA (can't recall if I saw one on NCIS) - don't think they are quite so blatant with with product placement.
It's actually kinda funny to see these half-assed commercial where they want to give the impression that someone would actually pay for this train wreck.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2013, 07:18 AM   #71
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

The award for least subtle product placements have to go to Bones, where at least one episode per season contains a driving scene where one of the characters extolls at length either the environmental friendliness of the Toyota hybrid they're driving, or some sort of high-tech option available in said Toyota.
Old January 1 2013, 11:17 AM   #72
lennier1
Commodore

There actually seems to be a coordinated effort. A few months ago there was a span of about four weeks where tons of shows simultaneously seemed to feature in-show car ads where they didn't even bother to at least make a token attempt of concealing it.
At the moment it's not cars but annoying Microsoft ads (Bing, SkyDrive, Surface, Windows 8/Phone, ...).
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2013, 09:06 AM   #73
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Hawaii Five-0 to Allow Viewers to Choose Their Own Ending
Old January 4 2013, 04:18 PM   #74
Top41

That's kind of intriguing! I hope I can watch it live so I can vote for the ending. It's cool that all the endings will be online later. I wonder if the east and west coast will end up with different options. We should post here afterwards about what ending we saw!
Old January 9 2013, 07:15 PM   #75
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Terry O'Quinn returning