Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old December 24 2012, 02:12 AM   #541
gturner
Admiral

Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

Getting back to Lost City, I really have only two quibbles.

Though the drinking scene was charming, at this point in his character development (and frankly since he was a college sophmore), Daniel Jackson wouldn't be drunkenly babbling after one beer. If Apophis, Osiris, or Hathor had realized they were all just one wine cooler away from galactic domination, we'd be speaking Goa'uld now.

The climactic scene where they destroyed Anubis' fleet, the point the whole season had been leading up to (if not half the series) was allowed to wash over the audience - for about 15 seconds before they threw a blanket on our euphoria by returning to the sadness of putting O'Neill in a box.

For a Star Wars comparison, after Luke blew up the Death Star he cheered, Han cheered, the rebels cheered, and we all cheered, and they ended up getting medals and stuff. Lost City Part 2 cut straight fom Luke pulling out of the trench and clearing the Death Star's explosion directly to freezing Han Solo in a block of carbomite. It was like whiplash. They should've recut it to at least give us four or five minutes to transition, letting us bask in accomplishment and wonder of it.
Old December 24 2012, 05:13 AM   #542
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Also, Kinsey should have choked.

As to the beer maybe he and Teal'c had already downed a few before they got there and the Guinness tipped him over the edge.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 24 2012, 01:58 PM   #543
The Wormhole
Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post

As to the beer maybe he and Teal'c had already downed a few before they got there and the Guinness tipped him over the edge.
Teal'c doesn't drink. In fact, he is even given a non-alcoholic beverage for the drinking scene in Lost City.
Old December 24 2012, 02:51 PM   #544
teacake
Admiral

I knew someone would say that. Okay DANIEL, so stressed over Jack and hanging out with Wild Man Teal'c in his cool civvies has already had a few.

New Order part 1 and 2: Pretty good. I FREAKED out when Weir was still there and I sighed with relief when she left at the end. I was quite afraid she would be there for the next three seasons.

Hammond gone.. what, that's not good. No. No. No.

And seriously O'Neill "can't we just shoot it" in charge? Of.. everything?

Gritty Carter stuff. And Fifth was very creepy and scary!!

And I loved the reveal at the end, really looking forward to where this is going!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 24 2012, 07:57 PM   #545
gturner
Admiral

Fifth's creation was almost immediately dubbed "RepliCarter." Welcome to season 8!
Old December 25 2012, 12:06 AM   #546
The Wormhole
Admiral

I knew someone would say that. Okay DANIEL, so stressed over Jack and hanging out with Wild Man Teal'c in his cool civvies has already had a few.
Which begs the question, which one of them was driving? Teal'c does have a driver's license, but I'm guessing since he only leaves base with someone else from the team he likely doesn't own a car. So that means Daniel is drunk driving, or letting Teal'c drive his car.

Hey, this is important stuff.
Old December 25 2012, 01:14 AM   #547
teacake
Admiral

He's SO drunk he doesn't even think twice about Teal'c driving his car. Hey the guy flies spaceships, I think he can toodle off to O'Neill's house.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 26 2012, 11:24 AM   #548
gturner
Admiral

Maybe they'd been to that place where women do battle in a ring of Jello.
Old December 31 2012, 10:07 PM   #549
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

New Order part 1 and 2: Pretty good. I FREAKED out when Weir was still there and I sighed with relief when she left at the end. I was quite afraid she would be there for the next three seasons.
Are you interested in Atlantis? If you are then now would be a good time to start watching. The show premiered along side season 8 of SG-1.

I can't wait until you get to the end of season season 8. There is one thing that still bugs me to this day.
Old January 1 2013, 12:43 AM   #550
teacake
Admiral

I've watched Atlantis first LOL. I am a huge Atlantis fan! I thought of watching Atlantis now when they intersect alongside SG:1 but I think that's adding one too many series on the go. I really want to get back into power watching SG:1.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old January 1 2013, 06:54 AM   #551
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Oh I was confused because you said...

I figured you didn't watch Atlantis because you would have known that Weir leaves to go there.
Old January 1 2013, 07:19 AM   #552
teacake
Admiral

Eh I wasn't totally sure on the time frame and I was so freaked out to see Weir again I panicked. Yes of course must depart from SG;1 so she can blight SG:A with her expressionless acting.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old January 1 2013, 07:34 AM   #553
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

You bring up a very good point, so I looked it up at Gateworld!
During the 2004-2005 season, SCI FI Channel paired the two shows on Friday nights and the writers wrote the timeline accordingly. For the most part, the shows’ continuity remained cleanly separated (there are only a few passing references, such as in “Prometheus Unbound”). If you don’t mind going back and forth, be sure to start with SG-1‘s two-parter “New Order” and then watch Atlantis‘s “Rising.” Then alternate, making sure to watch both parts of the SG-1 season finale “Moebius” before “The Siege.”

If you’d rather not alternate between the two series, watch SG-1 first. You can even finish all 10 seasons before starting Atlantis, though there will be the occasional reference to the other show — and one big crossover episode, Season Ten’s “The Pegasus Project.”
Old January 1 2013, 08:47 AM   #554
teacake
Admiral

Thanks! And at least when I get to the Season 10 ep I'll have already seen Atlantis.

I might just watch Rising next though. Just so the continuity is stuck in my head.

EDIT: off to watch it now

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; January 1 2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old January 1 2013, 12:43 PM   #555
teacake
Admiral

Watched Rising, nice to see it again. Poignant moments too..

Weir, before they go through the gate: I hope we all return one day having discovered a whole new realm for humanity to explore.. [camera pans over Rainbow]

I was seriously by Weir's boyfriend being a Tollan!!! This recycling is freaky!

Great to see the handover scenes now that I know everyone so well.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne