Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old December 24 2012, 05:07 AM   #16
J. Allen
Going Nowhere Fast

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: So, what's up for Christmas?

teacake wrote: View Post
I love cranberry sauce too. I eat it all year, as jam.
That's how I like it (spreadable fruit), but my brother will only eat the cranberry sauce that's congealed and out of the can still shaped like the can, for some reason.

I have never heard of banana pudding but it sounds fabulous. What is it, I'm assuming one of those american creamy pudding things not an english dense with fruit cakey pudding thing?
In the case of my mother's method, it's a bottom layer of vanilla wafers, a layer of sliced bananas, then wafers, then bananas, then wafers until it reaches near the top of a large bowl, and then those layers are covered in a liquid vanilla pudding. It is a policy that every cookie must be covered.

It's then left to sit overnight in the refrigerator, and then when one gets a spoonful, it's all creamy and melts in your mouth. We use sugar free pudding so that everyone can eat it.

This is the first year I'm not having Christmas at my house. I actually get to go somewhere and be a person bringing stuff instead of being the person providing 80% of the stuff. It will be a much smaller space but they have two balconies and it's summer.. and there will be lots of BEER and CHICKEN and K-Pop and Shakira which we play every year for some reason. And salads, many lovely salads..
Woohoo! Sounds like a blast!
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2012, 05:25 AM   #17
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Santa Hooves wrote: View Post
I love cranberry sauce too. I eat it all year, as jam.
That's how I like it (spreadable fruit), but my brother will only eat the cranberry sauce that's congealed and out of the can still shaped like the can, for some reason.

I have never heard of banana pudding but it sounds fabulous. What is it, I'm assuming one of those american creamy pudding things not an english dense with fruit cakey pudding thing?
In the case of my mother's method, it's a bottom layer of vanilla wafers, a layer of sliced bananas, then wafers, then bananas, then wafers until it reaches near the top of a large bowl, and then those layers are covered in a liquid vanilla pudding. It is a policy that every cookie must be covered.

It's then left to sit overnight in the refrigerator, and then when one gets a spoonful, it's all creamy and melts in your mouth. We use sugar free pudding so that everyone can eat it.
WOW that sounds great. Here we would probably use custard. I'd be adding a splash of sherry or two.

I have not had those Nila wafers in years. I remember the taste. I thought at first you meant wafers like this. We don't have the Nila style here at all, nothing like them. But it would work with these sort as well I think.

This is the first year I'm not having Christmas at my house. I actually get to go somewhere and be a person bringing stuff instead of being the person providing 80% of the stuff. It will be a much smaller space but they have two balconies and it's summer.. and there will be lots of BEER and CHICKEN and K-Pop and Shakira which we play every year for some reason. And salads, many lovely salads..
Woohoo! Sounds like a blast!
Also we are having Korean food thanks to the Korean relative which I am sure will outshine everything else, YAY

Hopefully no Korean wine though as that stuff will kill you.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2012, 01:38 PM   #18
Retu
Lieutenant Commander

Spotted Santa doing his rounds: http://www.flightradar24.com/SANTA1
-Sir William Bragg
Retu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2012, 06:51 PM   #19
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Nice, after my hike I'm going to do a little target practice with my mother and uncle, who have been teaching me to shoot the last 6 months or so.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2012, 07:41 PM   #20
mari
Captain

I'm having an extended holiday this year - Saturday I got my first present, my engagement ring (yay! finally!), and yesterday we had dinner with my fiance's family. Today I'm making soup and then on actual Christmas it's just "the people that live in the house", my parents and sister and I, with the presents and all. We might go to see my father's (very large) family, but I've avoided it for years so... I could avoid it another year, no problem. There might be some church in there too, and definitely Chinese food for dinner. My mother figures she gets one extra day off this week and she is not cooking. And then Saturday we're having another Christmas with my sister, BIL and nephew, who have to travel to be with us. So it's going to be a LONG week!
mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2012, 07:50 PM   #21
RoJoHen
Awesome

Same Christmas, different year. I could paint my Christmas by the numbers.
Old December 25 2012, 12:27 AM   #22
Locutus of Bored
Full Metal Bat'leth

I'll be off to my grandma's house to spend the holiday with the extended family, so the usual.

I hope everyone has a great holiday.

I'll just leave this here:

Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25 2012, 01:03 AM   #23
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I'm just waiting for the moment I can get in the car and drive to my Mom's house on the 26th.
Old December 25 2012, 01:09 AM   #24
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

Tora Noel wrote: View Post
I was planning to... But now I'm in the hospital, getting IV antibiotics, so who knows? There's a good chance I'll be discharged tomorrow, but it's nowhere near definite.
No where near definite, indeed. I'm definitely IN the hospital for Christmas. And possibly having surgery later in the week.
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25 2012, 01:13 AM   #25
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^BUMMER!

I hope you are home soon.

In the meantime, enjoy a little holiday spirit:

Old December 25 2012, 01:37 AM   #26
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I'll wake up as late as possible, open gifts with the family, do "whatever" for a while (read, watch tv, etc.), have lunch with my parents, sister, and her boyfriend, then repeat #3 until I meet up with a couple of friends to see Les Mei and Django Unchained.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25 2012, 04:10 AM   #27
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

There are lots of different ways to make banana pudding. I've had it creamy, and with nuts, but best of all is the pudding, then real banana slices on top, sprinkled with brown sugar.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25 2012, 04:27 AM   #28
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Merry Christmas!!!! It's the afternoon of the 25th here.. this is my favorite ever Xmas song!!

DON'T SHOOT ME SANTA CLAUS I'VE BEEN A CLEAN LIVIN' BOY I PROMISE YOU

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 25 2012, 08:41 AM   #29
RevDMV
Rear Admiral

Just finished setting the tree for my youngest son, who still believes, and now I'm off to be to wait the early morning rise to see what the big red dude brought.

After that, I'll make my special french toast. Later on we're doing an ope house for friends in the neighborhood to stop on by and join us for egg nog and cookies.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old December 25 2012, 11:04 AM   #30
Gil T.Azell
Rear Admiral

Nothing out of Special as I really dont have family in town it will be a quiet day.
My friend Lori and her son have invited me to his future in-laws for dinner, so I'm bringing the wine. thats it.

now here is my wish for you all
Ok my Christmas wish is for everyone who wants to quit smoking or any vice get their wish for themselves and their Family and friends, who want to see you around for a long time.
I hope the season brings you all the happiness you all deserve.
Cheers, Bill