Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old December 18 2012, 08:57 PM   #16
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: Funny little misunderstanding.

Bring me the leftover skins.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2012, 09:08 PM   #17
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME

View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy

Bumbles861 wrote: View Post
Santa Hooves wrote: View Post
Snowjourner wrote: View Post
Calling ahead to reserve fastfood = doing it wrong.
Not necessarily. I remember, some years ago, being admonished by the manager at a Captain D's because I ordered 4 fish dinners in the drive-thru, and he said that I should call ahead for orders that large.
4 dinners is considered a 'large' order?
Captain D's has apparently instituted a One Child policy.
Old December 18 2012, 09:59 PM   #18
Finn
Vice Admiral

An old college friend from my undergrad days once told me a story about when he went to a Pizza Hut with his mother. They both left thinking the other paid.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2012, 10:36 PM   #19
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

B.J. wrote: View Post
Had a similar (but opposite) incident waaaaaaay back in high school. We were hosting a debate tournament one Saturday, and one of the teachers called ahead to McDonald's to order around 200 hamburgers and cheesburgers for us to re-sell to the students. Apparently the manager there didn't think it was a real order. At least until I walked in the door with the money and wondering where our order was!
LOL! I delivered pizzas back in the late 80s, and one night I came back from a run and the manager gave me $50 and told me to go to the store and get hamburger. "oh, and have a couple of burgers if you want" he said. Over on the counter were five big bags from the Hamburger Stand. Apparently he told another driver to pick up $50 worth of hamburger, and the went and bought hamburgers... Sometimes I really miss college.
Old December 21 2012, 05:33 PM   #20
Jonas Grumby
Vice Admiral

Kenbushway wrote: View Post
She called the manager ahead of time (because it seems like they are always out of chicken when we have KFC).
Santa Hooves wrote: View Post
I remember, some years ago, being admonished by the manager at a Captain D's because I ordered 4 fish dinners in the drive-thru, and he said that I should call ahead for orders that large.
In light of these examples, I have apparently been way too critical of my own local fast food places.
Old December 22 2012, 10:00 PM   #21
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Not so much a misunderstanding as an appliance failure on one of the most important days of the year, but since it involves a large order, it's somewhat relevant.

One Christmas, we had friends and family over for Christmas dinner and my Mom was all set for cooking the turkey, but our stove apparently had other ideas. The turkey had sat in there for a couple of hours before the realization set in that the stove had quit. That year, we had to order from Swiss Chalet (a Canadian restauraunt chain) and it was quite a memorable year.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 10:33 PM   #22
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

backstept wrote: View Post
It may be inconvenient to take orders for items that aren't ready to serve. Fried chicken or fish takes just as much time to cook in the restaurant than at home (not counting prep time, which at home may be longer)
It's especially inconvenient in the drive-thru since there may be other customers in line waiting for their order.
I don't know about US KFC's by my local one has a big storage area behind the counter for ready pieces of chicken and other stuff so they just have to pick them out and arrange the meal. Burgers and such need a bit more time but rarely more than 2-3 minutes.

4 dinners at once is maybe a bit too much for drive thru.. just get your lazy ass inside and don't plug the line while they gather everything up.
Old December 22 2012, 10:39 PM   #23
boobatuba
Rear Admiral

I find this story to be neither funny nor a misunderstanding.
Old December 22 2012, 10:45 PM   #24
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
backstept wrote: View Post
It may be inconvenient to take orders for items that aren't ready to serve. Fried chicken or fish takes just as much time to cook in the restaurant than at home (not counting prep time, which at home may be longer)
It's especially inconvenient in the drive-thru since there may be other customers in line waiting for their order.
I don't know about US KFC's by my local one has a big storage area behind the counter for ready pieces of chicken and other stuff so they just have to pick them out and arrange the meal. Burgers and such need a bit more time but rarely more than 2-3 minutes.

4 dinners at once is maybe a bit too much for drive thru.. just get your lazy ass inside and don't plug the line while they gather everything up.
I'm not a lazy ass, and it had never been a problem before. Either way, you don't, as a Manager, call out a customer who did nothing more than place an order. It takes them about 3-5 minutes per order. My order was no different. Far be it from me to expect a fish restaurant to have fish readily available.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2012, 04:03 AM   #25
Mike Farley
Commodore

I've never been in an restaurant or any sort that would consider "4" to be a large order.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote