Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 18 2012, 06:11 AM   #211
RevDMV
Rear Admiral

Re: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Oh well, I'm nearly 50 and every time I see this thread bump I start to hear the theme song in my head. It's such an infectious series...
Old December 18 2012, 08:35 PM   #212
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Noname Given wrote: View Post
firehawk12 wrote: View Post
Ithekro wrote: View Post
The trailer for Chapter 4 (Episodes 11-14) was released today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctmO-z08LdM

Looks like plenty of action this time around.

Also Gamilon warships engaging Comet Empire warships somewhere on their frontier.
Plus Gamlon subspace dimensional submarine attack on Yamato.

That Gamilas got all the really good older male actors.
Man, this next batch of episodes looks great.
Already Pre-ordered the 4th Bluray disc (with english subtitles) from CD Japan about a day after receiving Bluray disc 3 back on Nov. 30, 2012.

Really looking forward to the Feb, 22, 2013 release date (they're really good about shipping as soon as it's released in Japan); just wish is could be sooner.
Random question - I don't suppose the commentaries are subbed on those discs?

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2012, 11:24 PM   #213
Ithekro
Captain

They are not.

Only the episodes themselves are subtitled in English. Everything else is just in Japanese.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 12:57 AM   #214
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

They are not.

Only the episodes themselves are subtitled in English. Everything else is just in Japanese.
Which is a shame. If we don't get a subbed American release, then heres hoping someone will at least post a transcript online.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 02:54 AM   #215
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Learn japanese.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 05:21 AM   #216
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

Watched the first few episodes of this finally - I really dig it. The computer animation is actually really slick and the story update changes so far have been solid. Good to see a classic get such great treatment.
Old December 19 2012, 06:10 AM   #217
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Cutter John wrote: View Post
They are not.

Which is a shame. If we don't get a subbed American release, then heres hoping someone will at least post a transcript online.
Most of the licensors don't bother with the extras anyway.

But, it makes sense that they didn't bother subbing the commentaries and whatever extra stuff may be on the sets I suppose.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2012, 07:43 PM   #218
Ithekro
Captain

Information that is coming out later (a ship scale chart that probably won't be out for a month) suggests that Dommel's flagship is super huge. More so than I expected. Like nearly twice as long as Yamato.

He is also getting his saucer shaped SMITE ship later in the series.

We have still not seen the Battle Carrier redesign.

I am wondering what happens to his fleet. In the original he was just stripped of his command due to failure and the lose of Balan, yet his flagship and fleet were as far as we know, untouched by Yamato. Yet when he confronts them again, instead of 3,000 warships, he has five.
Old December 21 2012, 08:03 PM   #219
cbspock
Rear Admiral

I hope there is a english dub version soon.

-Chris
Old December 21 2012, 08:54 PM   #220
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

cbspock wrote: View Post

-Chris
While I'd love one as well (assuming they kept to the script they have for the English subtitles on the region free Blurays as much as they can - as it's well done so far); I honestly wouldn't expect anything such as that in the near future (say 1 - 3 years)

[If I thought that would be the case; and we'd get dubbed Blurays released directly in the U.S.; I wouldn't be direct ordering from japan at a cost (with shipping) of about $106.00 U.S. a disc. )
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2012, 10:48 PM   #221
bullethead
Fleet Captain

cbspock wrote: View Post
It'll be at least a year after the show wraps BD release in Japan.
Old December 22 2012, 12:09 AM   #222
Ithekro
Captain

Information that is coming out later (a ship scale chart that probably won't be out for a month) suggests that Dommel's flagship is super huge. More so than I expected. Like nearly twice as long as Yamato.

I am wondering what happens to his fleet. In the original he was just stripped of his command due to failure and the lose of Balan, yet his flagship and fleet were as far as we know, untouched by Yamato. Yet when he confronts them again, instead of 3,000 warships, he has five.
Upon investigation of the materials about the SMITE ship, I found something. The SMITE ship is the detachable bridge structure of Dommel's flagship. This indicates to me that he'll lose his flagship in combat with Yamato (along with a large part of his fleet), possibly because of the action at Balan. He gets home, is given another chance. Has what is left of his flagship fitted with the SMITE device and heads out with the remains of his fleet to engage Yamato one more time.
Old December 22 2012, 02:00 AM   #223
Ithekro
Captain

The 10 minute preview for episode 11 will be out December 28th or so depending on how the distribution outside Japan (Bandai Channel is region locked if I recall).
Old December 22 2012, 07:51 PM   #224
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Upon investigation of the materials about the SMITE ship, I found something. The SMITE ship is the detachable bridge structure of Dommel's flagship. This indicates to me that he'll lose his flagship in combat with Yamato (along with a large part of his fleet), possibly because of the action at Balan. He gets home, is given another chance. Has what is left of his flagship fitted with the SMITE device and heads out with the remains of his fleet to engage Yamato one more time.
Maybe the Comet Empire trashed his flagship in revenge for screwing up their ominous doom vibe by kicking their asses
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2012, 10:55 PM   #225
adv1701
Lieutenant Commander

That's Harlocks bird sitting on Lysis' shoulder. Maybe he'll show up and this time he'll be Kodai's brother
adv1701 is offline   Reply With Quote