Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 14 2012, 06:29 AM   #1366
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

That and I haven't really followed it since it went to the Sunday-only format. It's not in the Sundays for Stars & Stripes which is the main newspaper I'm able to read these days and I haven't bothered looking for it online.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2012, 05:56 AM   #1367
JD
Admiral

Do we have any idea yet when we can expect the first trailer for The Desolation of Smaug?
Old December 21 2012, 06:02 AM   #1368
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

I heard it was going to play on all New Year's Day IMAX 3D HFR screenings.

(or maybe I just made that up )
Old December 21 2012, 06:13 AM   #1369
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

I would think they could do a teaser trailer soon and a real one over the summer, but I haven't heard anything.
Old December 21 2012, 06:41 AM   #1370
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

On a more serious note, they did do the AUJ teaser last December, so having one out soon-ish is not unrealistic. Still, I think they're going to wait until at least the end of AUJ's release before turning attention, publicly, to the next film. Meaning a teaser during the spring movie season likely and certainly no later than Man of Steel.
Old December 21 2012, 05:33 PM   #1371
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Samuel Walters wrote: View Post
On a more serious note, they did do the AUJ teaser last December, so having one out soon-ish is not unrealistic. Still, I think they're going to wait until at least the end of AUJ's release before turning attention, publicly, to the next film. Meaning a teaser during the spring movie season likely and certainly no later than Man of Steel.
I think Man of Steel (June 14) would be late in the summer movie season for that trailer.

Jack the Giant Slayer (March 1) would probably be the best fit, but it would also be early. 42 (April 12) wouldn't fit at all. The Great Gatsby (May 10), maybe?

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 01:34 AM   #1372
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

First pic from DOS!!!!

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 02:08 AM   #1373
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

I think I've seen that photo but it's still pretty cool nonetheless.

As for the teasers and trailers, does anyone remember how the trilogy did it? I know they didn't show any teasers during the runs of the previous films.

Old December 22 2012, 02:30 AM   #1374
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

Spiffy duds he has on, presumably courtesy of Thranduil...
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 02:31 AM   #1375
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Elfin Mischievous Humbug wrote: View Post
As for the teasers and trailers, does anyone remember how the trilogy did it? I know they didn't show any teasers during the runs of the previous films.
If I remember correctly, the trailers for Two Towers and Return showed up in the spring, either near the end of the theatrical run of the preceding film or just after the theatrical run.

In which case, Jack and the Giant Killer might not be such an unreasonable time for the trailer for Desolation to surface.

The compressed time to the final film, though, makes me wonder if its trailer won't be attached to Desolation, perhaps as an after-credit sequence.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 02:38 AM   #1376
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
The compressed time to the final film, though, makes me wonder if its trailer won't be attached to Desolation, perhaps as an after-credit sequence.
That would be a pretty cool treat for the fans and a fun way to upgrade from a bonus scene. Has any other franchise done this before?

Old December 22 2012, 03:06 AM   #1377
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

The first that comes to mind was The Matrix Reloaded's credits leading into a teaser trailer for The Matrix Revolutions.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 03:37 AM   #1378
Skywalker
Admiral

I believe Back to the Future, Part II ended with a teaser for Back to the Future, Part III.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 04:32 AM   #1379
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
The first that comes to mind was The Matrix Reloaded's credits leading into a teaser trailer for The Matrix Revolutions.
Ah, right, I forgot about that.

Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
I believe Back to the Future, Part II ended with a teaser for Back to the Future, Part III.
I did think of this one but wasn't sure if that was something made up in my head or not.

Old December 22 2012, 05:39 AM   #1380
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

The first trailer for The Two Towers started showing in the latter part of the run for Fellowship, and was shown at the end of the credits. This was maybe in January following its release. I saw the trailer when I saw Fellowship for my umpteeth time at a second run theater, when the manager told me he'd attach the new trailer to it.