Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old December 19 2012, 06:06 AM   #16
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Re: Braga wants your ideas for Bluray extras

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
A formal apology for "These are the Voyages"

(he actually did apologize for "Threshold" on the Voyager DVDs!)
THIS. Definitely this.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 12:06 PM   #17
teacock
Admiral

"Hey Boys and Girls! I'd just like to thank you all for being Star Trek fans and for purchasing this very special release edition of remastered high definition Enterprise. It truly is a very special series and I'm proud to have been a part of it. And with that in mind I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for what should have been a truly wonderful series finale for Enterprise. But I've read your letters and emails and I know that for you, the fans, something was missing and since the fans are what Star Trek is all about I want you to know I've heard what you have had to say. And I'm sorry. I apologize. We should never have stuffed Frakes and Sirtis into those uniforms without adding some hidden spandex. I hope you will find the airbrushed CGI added to this very special release edition of remastered high definition Enterprise makes your viewing of this wonderful series finale the true valentine I always intended it to be."

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 12:53 PM   #18
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Are we already ruling out a public flogging?
Old December 19 2012, 01:13 PM   #19
lurok
Commodore

teacake is being far too nice Did I read somewhere Frakes thought, in retrospect, TATV was a disservice to ENT fans? Anyone know Sirtis' views?
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 01:16 PM   #20
teacock
Admiral

jinglebellrok wrote: View Post
teacake is being far too nice Did I read somewhere Frakes thought, in retrospect, TATV was a disservice to ENT fans? Anyone know Sirtis' views?
Lots of juicy TATV trashing here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/These_A...s...#Reception

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 19 2012, 01:18 PM   #21
teacock
Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
I thought that WAS what we were doing!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 19 2012, 02:09 PM   #22
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

jinglebellrok wrote: View Post
Did I read somewhere Frakes thought, in retrospect, TATV was a disservice to ENT fans? Anyone know Sirtis' views?
"Thank God someone hired me again, thank God someone hired me again..."
Old December 19 2012, 05:04 PM   #23
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

teacake wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
I thought that WAS what we were doing!
I want a literal flogging of Braga, Singapore-style, as a Blu-ray extra.
Old December 19 2012, 09:32 PM   #24
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

trekker670 wrote: View Post
norse_sage wrote: View Post
In other words, remove "These are the voayges" from canon. Seriously, no one likes it.
You realize that you don't really speak for the entire fanbase, don't you? I, for one, thoroughly enjoy TATV as an episode. I'll agree it's not a good ending to ENT, but I really enjoy the crossover aspect of the episode and the interactions between the two casts. I agree that it would better fit with a TNG release, but that's highly unlikely and I in no way agree that it should be removed from the canon.
Trekker670 may not speak for everyone but he speaks for many. In fact I'd go so far as to say, he speaks for "most".
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 10:14 PM   #25
billcosby
Commodore

Did they already put the "From all of us at Star Trek: Enterprise, happy holidays" promo on any of the DVDs so far? That's a dandy. It's weird seeing T'Pol smile.

How about an option to view "extended" versions of the episodes with finished scenes included?

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 10:20 PM   #26
sonak
Vice Admiral

gblews wrote: View Post
norse_sage wrote: View Post
In other words, remove "These are the voayges" from canon. Seriously, no one likes it.
You realize that you don't really speak for the entire fanbase, don't you? I, for one, thoroughly enjoy TATV as an episode. I'll agree it's not a good ending to ENT, but I really enjoy the crossover aspect of the episode and the interactions between the two casts. I agree that it would better fit with a TNG release, but that's highly unlikely and I in no way agree that it should be removed from the canon.
Trekker670 may not speak for everyone but he speaks for many. In fact I'd go so far as to say, he speaks for "most".

didn't TATV get put on a "viewer's choice" Trek collective DVD? How did that happen if it's almost universally hated by the fanbase? I'm serious-is the theory that it was a rigged vote with internet ballot-stuffing or that there never was a fan vote on it, and the folks putting together the collection just put what they wanted on it?

I've been wondering for a while how TATV got put on it, with the amount of hatred there is for that episode in fandom.
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 12:22 AM   #27
BruntFCA
Commander

sonak wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post

didn't TATV get put on a "viewer's choice" Trek collective DVD? How did that happen if it's almost universally hated by the fanbase? I'm serious-is the theory that it was a rigged vote with internet ballot-stuffing or that there never was a fan vote on it, and the folks putting together the collection just put what they wanted on it?

I've been wondering for a while how TATV got put on it, with the amount of hatred there is for that episode in fandom.
I think most of the people voting were TNG fans and just voted because of Troi and Riker.
Old December 20 2012, 12:34 AM   #28
Dream
Admiral

sonak wrote: View Post

Those Fan Collective polls were bullshit anway.

The Alternative Factor, which many fans considered one of the worst TOS episodes, ended up on one the fan collectives was proof of this.

Endgame being any where on the collectives was also a mistake IMO. What made it worst was that it was on TWO sets!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 12:37 AM   #29
teacock
Admiral

THE ALTERNATIVE FACTOR!?

Gah, well that's insane. How did that happen? HOW?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 20 2012, 12:43 AM   #30
Dream
Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post

THE ALTERNATIVE FACTOR!?

Gah, well that's insane. How did that happen? HOW?
Who knows?

All I know is that episode made my brain melt when I first saw it. It is one of the Trek episodes that I will never rewatch again.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote