Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old December 11 2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Dingo
Captain

Nausicaan vs. Narn

In keeping with my Deadliest Warriors of Star Trek and Babylon 5 I figured I'd put Nausicaan vs. Narn as another squad on squad battle.

I imagine that what favors the Nausicaans is brute strength and a culture steeped in violence.

The Narn I imagine can be as physically strong as Nausicaans but their advantage lies in cunning and subtlety. The latter is seen in their insurgency against the Centauri. They are equally as aggressive and violent.

In short I believe the Nausicaan can outmuscle the Narn but the Narn can outsmart the Nausicaan. For squad on squad battles I would say the Narn have the advantage of tactical acumen compared to the Nausicaans.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 03:51 AM   #2
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Re: Nausicaan vs. Narn

It could be done. I don't think Deadliest Warriors ever had an enourmous budget.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2012, 08:20 AM   #3
mupps
Lieutenant

Did we ever see the Nausicaan's displaying huge amounts of physical strength?

We've seen Narn's lift up and smash sizable rock tables.
mupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 09:52 PM   #4
KamenRiderBlade
Lieutenant Commander

Narn's all the way.

Nausicaan's haven't shown enough intelligence to work well in groups, they've been portrayed as over grown bullies.
KamenRiderBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 01:35 AM   #5
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

But the Centauri trashed the Narn..

Still, the Naussicans appear dim. The Narn would best them easily if their tech was equal.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 01:44 AM   #6
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

The Nausicaans from ENT seemed smart enough.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 02:30 AM   #7
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Rather than a fight, I'd love to see a televised debate between Citizen G'Kar and a Nausicaan.

G'Kar: "If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth... for understanding. Too often, we assume that the light on the wall is God, but the light is not the goal of the search, it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it. Similarly, someone who does not search - who does not bring a lantern - sees nothing. What we perceive as God is the by-product of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light... pure and unblemished... not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe - God looks astonishingly like we do - or we turn to look at our shadow and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose, which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty and in all its flaws; and in so doing, better understand the world around us".

Nausicaan: "... ... ... ... PLAY DOM-JOT, HUMAN?"
Old December 14 2012, 02:45 AM   #8
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post

Maybe the ones in that episode from TNG were just drunks that you'd find in any bar like that one. The ones in "Fortunate Son" talked completely normal.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 02:48 AM   #9
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post

Maybe the ones in that episode from TNG were just drunks that you'd find in any bar like that one. The ones in "Fortunate Son" talked completely normal.
True, true. The guy in Canamar was perfectly intelligent and well-spoken too. That was a pleasant surprise, in fact; having the Enterprise Nausicaans act in a rather more sophisticated fashion than we'd previously seen. Still, for better or worse, when I think of Nausicaans I think of those (indeed, probably drunk) thugs in the bar.
Old December 14 2012, 03:08 AM   #10
SiddFinch1
Commander

Narns assuming no tech advantages