New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 12 2012, 11:33 PM   #76
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Storage Wars

THIS is true reality TV:

Old December 12 2012, 11:52 PM   #77
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I'm not surprised by that story at all. I doubt Dave would lie about that. I think one of the reasons why they always show the bolt cutter is to attempt to make it clear to us that these lockers haven't been tampered with at all. Although I suppose they could always rebolt a locker??

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 12:02 AM   #78
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

they could plant things before they go through them.

It's not surprising to me it's staged. Why wouldn't it be? It's a stretch of the imagination that at every auction they film 3 lockers are bought by stars of the show and something worthy of being taken to an "expert" is found in every locker they buy.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 01:50 AM   #79
TemporalFlux
Commodore

We all knew what was going on, but I always liked the fact that Storage Wars made an effort to cover it up. That Auction Hunters show doesn't even try; the buyer walks in and finds a brand new car under the couch cushions or some nonsense that would never happen.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 09:19 PM   #80
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Hester? Why did it have to be Hester? Is the fatuous gasbag actually the most morally well-adjusted to blow the whistle on the show? I guess there was a point where other cast members expressed concerns, but they don't seem to be mentioned in any of the articles I've seen about this.

Barry - arguably my favorite character on the show. Always showing up with something bizarre and quirky. Honestly, where does he find some of the shit he shows up with? That aluminum dome-boat on wheels was beyond belief. And yes, anyone who can get Hester to blow a fuse on camera is #1 in my book!

Jarrod & Brandi - He is obviously an idiot and, while she is clearly smarter than him, she doesn't have to rub it in every episode. She is not without her past mistakes, either. It doesn't matter to me if it's a woman doing it to her husband or a guy doing it to his wife, but I generally don't get terribly entertained by public denigration. She clearly has no respect for him and I find that quite sad, as I don't think he's especially aware of her contempt for him. Unless, of course, it's all a scripted part of the show, then...feh...

Darrell - he's another one like Hester who thinks he's smarter than he really is. Some of the stupid shit that comes out of his mouth and falls on the floor makes me wonder if he graduated from grammar school. Two sides of the same coin, him and Hester. If his son could get out from under his thumb, junior could do pretty well as he seems to have some intelligence and knowledge there.

Mark - eh...another self-absorbed fuckwit. Pretty useless with his cash-ladened man-purse and bodyguard goons. Probably why he doesn't show up much on the shows.

Nabila - I like her. She's smart and dangerous and doesn't flaunt it nearly at Brandi's level of narcissism. THIS is how everyone should conduct business on the show, fake or not.

Jeff - A whiner - another semi-useless participant. Constantly complaining about preferential treatment for the other bidders. A big fat "whatever".

Never seen an episode of the Texas Storage Wars series but I hear it's damn near unwatchable.
Old December 13 2012, 09:58 PM   #81
Q2UnME
Commodore

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
...snippy...

Never seen an episode of the Texas Storage Wars series but I hear it's damn near unwatchable.
Mrs.Q2 is a fan of the Texas version. I've watched a handful of their episodes and found them to be entertaining, sometimes quite funny in a red-neck hick way.

Q2

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Q2UnME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 11:44 PM   #82
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

So any news from A&E about this? Because it coming from Hester makes me doubt its authenticity. That man has probably ruined his busines(ses) because of utter dickery on the show so he's probably grasping at straws for notoriety.

If things ARE planted or fake I think that's somewhat expected or not too surprising. It has always seemed like SOMETHING was happening behind the scenes to make some of the lockers worth more. Especially some of the odder instances of things showing up. As for the cast, Barry is by far my favorite. I'd love to hang out with that guy he just seems like a hoot. Darrel seems okay but a bit too dickish at times. Brandi has only one thing going for her otherwise she's a complete, cold, bitch. Jarrod seems okay but has his balls in Brandi's purse.

Last edited by Trekker4747; December 14 2012 at 01:17 AM.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 12:01 AM   #83
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

"Storage Wars" is an A & E show, not Discovery. I disagree about Brandi, she's not that cold Trekker. Yes she has been a bitch on the show, but she's had some light moments as well. We have no idea how these people are in real life. We see only a facet of them in controlled circumstances on camera. They all have "gimmicks" or roles they have been branded with on the show and play up to them. Barry is probably the most "real" person on the series and that is why everyone likes him so much. As mentioned he's my favourite cast member as well.

Old December 14 2012, 12:08 AM   #84
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
So any news on Discovery about this? Because it coming from Hester makes me doubt its authenticity. That man has probably ruined his busines(ses) because of utter dickery on the show so he's probably grasping at straws for notoriety.

If things ARE planted or fake I think that's somewhat expected or not too surprising. It has always seemed like SOMETHING was happening behind the scenes to make some of the lockers worth more. Especially some of the odder instances of things showing up. As for the cast, Barry is by far my favorite. I'd love to hang out with that guy he just seems like a hoot. Darrel seems okay but a bit too dickish at times. Brandi has only one thing going for her otherwise she's a complete, cold, bitch. Jarrod seems okay but has his balls in Brandi's purse.
he did have to sell his big warehouse already.

I don't know if his business problems are a direct result of his dickery on the show though. Apparantly prices of lockers has skyrocketed since the show first aired.

wonder if they actually got to keep and sell the stuff that was planted?
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 01:19 AM   #85
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
"Storage Wars" is an A & E show, not Discovery. I disagree about Brandi, she's not that cold Trekker. Yes she has been a bitch on the show, but she's had some light moments as well. We have no idea how these people are in real life. We see only a facet of them in controlled circumstances on camera. They all have "gimmicks" or roles they have been branded with on the show and play up to them. Barry is probably the most "real" person on the series and that is why everyone likes him so much. As mentioned he's my favourite cast member as well.
A&E, right, sorry.

As for Brandi, yeah she's had her moments of lightness and obviously there's more to her than what we see in the episodes, but still there's just moments in there where it just makes me wonder what Jarrod sees in her beyond the obvious.
Old March 27 2013, 05:26 AM   #86
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

So season four is about to start next month...on April 16th. They've been showing the rest of season three as "specials" attached before the airing of "Bates Motel". Dave Hester is officially gone from the show, and as we've discussed Hester is suing the show for wrongful termination. Apparently as of this month A&E partially won part of their law suit against Hester.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/0...ve-hester.html

They've also added additional "buyers" to the cast. My favourite of the newbies is Ivy Calvin.

Old March 27 2013, 11:27 AM   #87
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

So, Hester is a giant asshat. Anyone who watched the show knew that.
Old March 28 2013, 12:24 AM   #88
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yeah I think it's going to lose some of it's dynamic due to his absence, but I'm sure there will be quarrels with the newbies.

It's kind of amazing that this show has reached four seasons now. It's also sadly one of my favourite shows on tv too

Old March 28 2013, 03:18 AM   #89
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

It's an enjoyable show and, really, Brandi and Barry make the show for me.
Old March 28 2013, 04:06 AM   #90
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Also they've added Brandon to the opening titles...not his name or anything, but he appears in one of the walking sequences with his father.