RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,414
Posts: 5,506,326
Members: 25,129
Currently online: 473
Newest member: krishna

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 11 2012, 06:22 PM   #181
Agent Richard07
Retired
 
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

beamMe wrote: View Post
07 Geese a Laying wrote: View Post
My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
All the time people have been bleating about how Eve's character's haircut looks exactly like Dehner's (it doesn't), they certainly never considered that Carol Marcus wore hers short and blonde as well.
It's pretty close in this shot...

No, it's not. That's a completely different hair-do.
They look nearly identical to me, but parted on opposite sides. An assumption that she was Dehner would have been reasonable.

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Young Carol Marcus, from the cover of 2010's Inception by S.D. Perry and Britta Dennison (set in 2261)
Is that based on a young Bibi Besch?
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 06:27 PM   #182
USSManhattan
Commander
 
Location: New York City
Send a message via AIM to USSManhattan
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

I have a feeling I'm the only one wondering this, but is it confirmed that this planet is called "Nibiru", or is that just the inclusion of a snarky viewer? If it's true, it just seems so... silly.
__________________
This space for rent
USSManhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 06:27 PM   #183
Solstice
Sexy Wizard
 
Solstice's Avatar
 
Location: I'm so lost T_T
View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

USSManhattan wrote: View Post
I have a feeling I'm the only one wondering this, but is it confirmed that this planet is called "Nibiru", or is that just the inclusion of a snarky viewer? If it's true, it just seems so... silly.
If that is the name, it's probably just an inside joke.

Lighten up.
__________________
Robert Maxwell
I has a blag.
I put on my robe and wizard hat...
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 06:30 PM   #184
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral
 
SalvorHardin's Avatar
 
Location: Star's End
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

USSManhattan wrote: View Post
I have a feeling I'm the only one wondering this, but is it confirmed that this planet is called "Nibiru", or is that just the inclusion of a snarky viewer? If it's true, it just seems so... silly.
Every report says the planet is called Nibiru in the preview so...
__________________

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 06:33 PM   #185
marksound
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Planet Carcazed
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

07 Geese a Laying wrote: View Post
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Young Carol Marcus, from the cover of 2010's Inception by S.D. Perry and Britta Dennison (set in 2261)
Is that based on a young Bibi Besch?
Yup.

marksound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 06:37 PM   #186
Agent Richard07
Retired
 
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

^ Impressive.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 06:59 PM   #187
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

I've only ever seen in in TWOK. She was quite the babe back in the day.
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 06:59 PM   #188
beamMe
Fleet Captain
 
beamMe's Avatar
 
Location: Europa
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

07 Geese a Laying wrote: View Post
beamMe wrote: View Post
07 Geese a Laying wrote: View Post
It's pretty close in this shot...

No, it's not. That's a completely different hair-do.
They look nearly identical to me, but parted on opposite sides. An assumption that she was Dehner would have been reasonable.

Men.
beamMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 07:05 PM   #189
JonnyBoy
Lieutenant Commander
 
JonnyBoy's Avatar
 
Location: Earth (not the Cylon one, the second one.)
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

So totally off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this. Anyone going to see it tonight at the Edwards Ontario Palace 22 & IMAX in Ontario, CA?
__________________
112365365321 / C# C# D E A G# E A G# E D C#
JonnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 07:20 PM   #190
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral
 
DarthTom's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

I was hoping that someone would have already posted the 9 minute trailer since The Hobbit is already playing at this very moment in some countries.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 07:43 PM   #191
ralph
Captain
 
ralph's Avatar
 
Location: Brazil
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

In youtube is difficult because they block soon. But I think this weekend something will leak.
__________________
Ralph Pinheiro
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 08:08 PM   #192
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral
 
DarthTom's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

ralph wrote: View Post
In youtube is difficult because they block soon. But I think this weekend something will leak.
As many techno geeks that post in this forum - surely there must be a work around you tube?
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 11:20 PM   #193
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

DarthTom wrote: View Post
ralph wrote: View Post
In youtube is difficult because they block soon. But I think this weekend something will leak.
As many techno geeks that post in this forum - surely there must be a work around you tube?
If there is, it would be best if there were no discussion of it here.
__________________
The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but
that the lightning ain't distributed right.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 11:29 PM   #194
Garak
Talk to me, like lovers do
 
Garak's Avatar
 
Location: Manticore can't handle me
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
DarthTom wrote: View Post
ralph wrote: View Post
In youtube is difficult because they block soon. But I think this weekend something will leak.
As many techno geeks that post in this forum - surely there must be a work around you tube?
If there is, it would be best if there were no discussion of it here.
I understand, but that still gets a sad smiley face from me.

Garak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 04:42 AM   #195
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: Details of 9 Minute Preview Revealed *SPOILERS*

In a couple of hours we'll start hearing about it.

I'll probably post something but not until around 4:00 PM EST tomorrow - by which time it will all be old news.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.