Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old December 12 2012, 04:32 PM   #31
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Re: POST YOUR UNIFORM DESIGNS!!

DestinyCaptain wrote: View Post
It's the body of Ensign Youngblood. The photo is the same Dennis mentioned. You can look him up on Memory Alpha.
Exactly.

Oddly, doing a Google image search I couldn't find that particular photo of him anywhere.

Did these quite a few years ago:

And even used the same template when I was working out costumes for Polaris:

Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 01:34 PM   #32
Danlav05
Commander

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
DestinyCaptain wrote: View Post
It's the body of Ensign Youngblood. The photo is the same Dennis mentioned. You can look him up on Memory Alpha.
Exactly.

Oddly, doing a Google image search I couldn't find that particular photo of him anywhere.

Did these quite a few years ago:

These are the ones! - TOS with a TNG vibe - what if the show was rebooted in the 90s...?
Danlav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 03:17 PM   #33
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Thanks. Before we started on Polaris another idea a couple of us kicked around was doing a fan film in a sort of "TOS variant" setting. We even had a starship design:

It wasn't actually going to be the Enterprise, but a couple of years later Anthony over at Trekmovie.com wanted illustrations for what the JJPrise might look like, so I slapped the 1701 registry on this one and rendered it out again.
Old December 13 2012, 04:19 PM   #34
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

beautiful ship there
Old December 13 2012, 05:22 PM   #35
Danlav05
Commander

Thanks. Before we started on Polaris another idea a couple of us kicked around was doing a fan film in a sort of "TOS variant" setting. We even had a starship design
Oh cool. Out of interest what was the premise? Apart from the ship and uniform designs how far did it go? I look forward to POLARIS!
Old December 13 2012, 07:01 PM   #36
JJohnson
Captain

Thanks. Before we started on Polaris another idea a couple of us kicked around was doing a fan film in a sort of "TOS variant" setting. We even had a starship design:

It wasn't actually going to be the Enterprise, but a couple of years later Anthony over at Trekmovie.com wanted illustrations for what the JJPrise might look like, so I slapped the 1701 registry on this one and rendered it out again.
This is what the "JJ-Prise" should have looked like. It looks like the original, but with much more detail. I can accept the torpedo tube, if only because everything else fits with what the original Enterprise looked like, just movie-level detail. I think Vektor (another) and deg3D did movie-detail versions also that were really good. Pick one of these three and put them in the next TOS movie. Drop JJ-prise as soon as possible and issue an apology for it.
JJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 08:27 PM   #37
Longinus
Commander

That ship is amazing! Is there more pics of it somewhere?
Longinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 11:30 PM   #38
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

I might be able to render one or two more out.

I like the Church/Abrams version of the Enterprise very much, and can't imagine why they would choose now to back off from the design direction they're taking in the features (and I'm quite sure they never will). What I do with things like this is fun - I like it, and I'm appreciative that other people do - but it's not design really. It's a kind of visual pastiche, which is why I put credits on the images for the artists who did design just about every element of it.
Old December 14 2012, 08:06 AM   #39
sbk1234
Rear Admiral

These are all great. Looking foreward to seeing more.

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
sbk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 03:22 PM   #40
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Danlav05 wrote: View Post
I do remember one design which was basically the TOS unifom with what I can describe in a TNG aesthetic. Coloured stripes down the trouser legs. There was some black on each side under the arms. This is not from memory - I have a small pic of one of them.
I've got at least 2 different ones that look somewhat like that on my hard drive SOMEwhere...

I always liked the "monster maroon" pattern, but using TOS division colors for the jacket and pant stripe myself...
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 04:14 PM   #41
Danlav05
Commander

Lol the ones Dennis posted at the top of the page were the ones I was talking about!
Old December 14 2012, 04:34 PM   #42
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

I LOVE the Dennis/Legion uniforms. His alt-Enterprise is pretty good too.

For some reason, I want to say that he did a phaser I/II update as well? I've seen the name Dennis associated with one.

I would use something very close to those uniforms, and an updated set of hand props for a new tv series. I think though I'd go with MadKoiFish's revamp of the Enterprise though.

Then I'd do something in the tri-colors with one of Longinus' uniforms for the "movie era"
Old December 14 2012, 09:08 PM   #43
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

There are threads around here somewhere for the other Trek stuff I've done in the last four or five years.

EDIT: Here they are:

Challenger

Phase II Enterprise

Phoenix

I really should redo the texturing on the Phase II ship and release it somewhere.

If anyone has any remarks about either it might be better to necropost in those topics rather than drag Danlav05's uniform topic further off course than I already have.
Old December 14 2012, 10:03 PM   #44
Danlav05
Commander

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
-

I've got at least 2 different ones that look somewhat like that on my hard drive SOMEwhere...
-
Did you make them? They'd be interesting to see!!
Old December 14 2012, 11:59 PM   #45
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Danlav05 wrote: View Post
Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
-

-
Did you make them? They'd be interesting to see!!
Not really...I "bashed" them by color manipulating existing images. I've long since lost the credits on them so I'd be leery of posting them.