Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old December 13 2012, 12:10 AM   #1
los2188
Commander

Zefram Cochrane?

Who is Cumberbatch playing, who, who, who....?? I've heard names like...Khan...Mitchell....Garth...even Soran, but one name I don't recall hearing is Zefram Cochrane. We know that he's old, but was rejuvenated and kept young by the Companion and eventually integrated with the Companion. From what I recall from the TOS episode, Kirk swore that he would never reveal Cochrane's fate to anyone. Could it be possible that Kirk broke that promise? Or maybe Cochrane saw what his invention has done and maybe he felt slighted in some way? I admit that I've only seen that episode a couple times a very long time ago, but I just thought that I'd pose the question.
Old December 13 2012, 12:13 AM   #2
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Zefram Cochrane?

los2188 wrote: View Post
Who is Cumberbatch playing, who, who, who....?? I've heard names like...Khan...Mitchell....Garth...even Soran, but one name I don't recall hearing is Zefram Cochrane. We know that he's old, but was rejuvenated and kept young by the Companion and eventually integrated with the Companion. From what I recall from the TOS episode, Kirk swore that he would never reveal Cochrane's fate to anyone. Could it be possible that Kirk broke that promise? Or maybe Cochrane saw what his invention has done and maybe he felt slighted in some way? I admit that I've only seen that episode a couple times a very long time ago, but I just thought that I'd pose the question.
We've heard Cochrane's name suggested. Several times, now, going back months. Search it for yourself.

And the name of Cumberbatch's character is known. It's not Zefram Cochrane.
Old December 13 2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Xaios
Lieutenant Commander

From what I recall from the TOS episode, Kirk swore that he would never reveal Cochrane's fate to anyone. Could it be possible that Kirk broke that promise?
Kirk wouldn't have even met Cochrane yet, at this point in time.

Or maybe Cochrane saw what his invention has done and maybe he felt slighted in some way?
That makes no sense. The guy is pretty much worshipped as a saint, and was the first human being to meet an extra-terrestrial in an official capacity. What on earth could he possibly have to be slighted about?
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 12:29 AM   #4
los2188
Commander

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
We've heard Cochrane's name suggested. Several times, now, going back months. Search it for yourself.

And the name of Cumberbatch's character is known. It's not Zefram Cochrane.
No. I don't need to search it myself. I have no reason to doubt you that it's been suggested before, but thank you for the offer. As far as his name is concerned, I didn't think that his actual character was known yet outside of just the name John Harrison.
Old December 13 2012, 12:44 AM   #5
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Xaios wrote: View Post
Kirk wouldn't have even met Cochrane yet, at this point in time.
The Star Trek Ongoing comic has been telling reimagined versions of TOS episodes that originally took place in 2266/67 in 2258/59. The also changed Chekov's age in the last movie to fit him on the bridge crew - so they're definitely playing fast and loose with the timing of events.
Old December 13 2012, 01:44 AM   #6
The Keeper
Commodore

*withdrawn*

Last edited by The Keeper; December 13 2012 at 04:53 AM.
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote