Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 24 2012, 09:38 AM   #421
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic anticipation thread.

I ended up choosing Republic Trooper. I knew in the first five minutes that it was the right decision. I'm a huge fan of "Battlefront", and this felt just like that. Oh mercy, the grenade launcher. <shudder>
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2012, 09:57 AM   #422
CorporalClegg
Admiral

BTW: J. I should point out there's a big MLP guild on Harbinger. I believe they're taking F2Pers as long as, you know, you're 20% cooler. Just something to think about.
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2012, 01:59 PM   #423
Briquettes
Rear Admiral

I'm on Jedi Covenant now. I used to be on Canderous Ordo but it was lost in the big server merge.
Briquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 03:47 AM   #424
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
BTW: J. I should point out there's a big MLP guild on Harbinger. I believe they're taking F2Pers as long as, you know, you're 20% cooler. Just something to think about.
Aw, man. I'm on Jedi Covenant, although I did see a Brony or two on here, I didn't get a chance to talk to them.

By the way, I'm already level 5 with my Republic Trooper. It took twice as long for me to get that ranking with my Jedi Consular. Also, I love the armor and the explosions.
Old November 27 2012, 03:25 AM   #425
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Could Systemrequirmnts lab be wrong about my computer? I downloaded it into an older one whic was about as powerfull as this but it did not have enough room on one of the drivers for the half billion patches. Games that would not work on the other one do work on this accordind to systemlab.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2012, 08:58 PM   #426
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

I'm noticing lots more lag as of late on the Jedi Covenant server. I hope they can resolve that, as I've died more than once due to a terribly inopportune moment of lag while fighting a Boss.
Old December 11 2012, 03:19 AM   #427
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Server lag comes and goes. It can get really bad sometimes.

Personally, I think they condensed the servers too far--it was fine after the first merger.

AFAIK, the pop caps are higher than any other game out there that uses the same type of sharding and the technology just can't handle it.
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 06:45 AM   #428
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Had to take a break from my Sith Assassin this week as I got to Alderaan and nearly died of boredom. Now I'm glad the Empire will blow it up.

Seriously now, is the next planet more interesting? I ask because so far Alderaan really has been dull and frustrating. Is it like this for all the classes or just the Sith Sorcerer? Ironically, I quite enjoyed playing through Taris with my Republic Commando. Ironic because I *hated* Taris in KoTOR. It was very weird to find the ruins of the old swoop track and feel nostalgic. Bit peeved at how that whole "promise land" story turned out though.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 08:02 AM   #429
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

I just finished Taris with my Level 15 Jedi Consular. I'll have to muck around here a while before I can go to Nar Shaddaa. I will need to be a Level 17 at the very least. I've done so many missions on Taris, I think I've done them all, save for the Heroics.
Old December 11 2012, 07:04 PM   #430
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

So how does the F2P model work for SWTOR? Is there a page highlighting what you can and can't do within its framework? I briefly looked at the homepage for the game and found a long list of FAQs but couldn't instantly spot a one-page list of the key differences. I guess my main concern is that I want to be able to play out the full story as a solo player (I'm not really big into the whole multiplayer dimension anyway, either in terms of special event missions or PvP). Can I play the solo stories out for each type of character in a reasonably full way within F2P within having to pay for access to the higher levels (either overtly through a hard restriction, or effectively because it's nigh-on impossible to get the gear you need to complete missions without paying)?

I might be up for trying it, maybe during the Christmas week or New Year period, if it's both free to download and play.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 11:37 PM   #431
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^ Try here. Most of the restrictions are on the higher level stuff like raids and PvP. But yes, you can play through all of the story content without spending anything. Some of the restrictions are a bit of a bugger though, like no cargo space, or unify colours and locking out sprinting until Lv 15 & speeders until Lv25. Asking for money to unlock the "hide helmet" option was just cruel, especially considering how fugly a lot of the head gear is.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 11:39 PM   #432
sojourner
Admiral

Check here.

Edit: doh! ninja'd!
Old December 12 2012, 10:51 AM   #433
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Reverend wrote: View Post
Had to take a break from my Sith Assassin this week as I got to Alderaan and nearly died of boredom. Now I'm glad the Empire will blow it up.

Seriously now, is the next planet more interesting? I ask because so far Alderaan really has been dull and frustrating. Is it like this for all the classes or just the Sith Sorcerer? Ironically, I quite enjoyed playing through Taris with my Republic Commando. Ironic because I *hated* Taris in KoTOR. It was very weird to find the ruins of the old swoop track and feel nostalgic. Bit peeved at how that whole "promise land" story turned out though.
Hands down the most boring place was Peragus in Kotor 2.

I hate that bloody miner uniform.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2012, 07:12 PM   #434
O'Dib
Commodore

Reverend wrote: View Post

As an imperial, you've got Taris after Alderaan. The imperials play a Taris-at-night map which many don't enjoy as much as pubside Taris. The planet storyline is decent though.
Old December 12 2012, 07:41 PM   #435
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

I'm supposed to be in Nar Shaddaa next, but it's damn near impossible for me to find missions on Taris to level up. I need to reach 17. Preferably 18, but I'm still level 16. I've just been grinding away, and it helps, but yeesh. For the record, I have had my fill of rakghouls. If I never see them again, it will be too soon.