TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 3 2012, 03:50 PM   #211
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Re: Last Resort was Awesome.

I hope they will return to the Conspiracy plot for the finale.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2012, 11:54 PM   #212
foxhot
Fleet Captain

I just saw last night's episode. It took the Captain an entire episode plus ten minutes to realize Robert Patrick's COB was missing. They never checked for him during last week's crisis, and now that this week's ship siege is over, nobody's still in any hurry to find him. Maybe he's of filming a movie, but to me this is a terminatable offense.....

Meanwhile Grace just happens to find the critical second launch key hanging on a wall, and the Captain's skeptical. He suspects her unless she finds out who did it. Even if she does, how's the Captain to know it's not a frame up? (Even though I'm sure she's innocent. Nobody guilty could be that stupid.)
foxhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 10:58 AM   #213
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

foxhot wrote: View Post
I just saw last night's episode. It took the Captain an entire episode plus ten minutes to realize Robert Patrick's COB was missing. They never checked for him during last week's crisis, and now that this week's ship siege is over, nobody's still in any hurry to find him. Maybe he's of filming a movie, but to me this is a terminatable offense.....

Meanwhile Grace just happens to find the critical second launch key hanging on a wall, and the Captain's skeptical. He suspects her unless she finds out who did it. Even if she does, how's the Captain to know it's not a frame up? (Even though I'm sure she's innocent. Nobody guilty could be that stupid.)
Ummm... we already know who had it. it's the woman who is sleeping with the captain.

This episode sucked less than the other ones, because there were no lame islanders, but was so fucking stupid. The sniper waiting around, not being ready for 15 minutes as everyone else was all set. t was just silly.
Old December 8 2012, 11:15 AM   #214
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Giving some reason it took that guy so long to get into position would have been nice, but it is nothing compared to them letting one of them grab the XO's wife and running off to the other SEAL team to hop in the helicopter while they all just sit there impotently.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 05:25 PM   #215
Brolan
Commodore

It's a sign of horrible writing when nonsensical stuff just "happens" because the writers need it to. If this is the best they have its good the series was cancelled.
Brolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 05:29 PM   #216
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

This should have been one of those British tv shows that last 6 episodes.
It seems that even 13 are too many for this story to be told.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 07:52 PM   #217
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Brolan wrote: View Post
It's a sign of horrible writing when nonsensical stuff just "happens" because the writers need it to. If this is the best they have its good the series was cancelled.
I agree. I loved the show, it was sort different and fun. I don't mind some stupid parts, it's a TV show and I doubt the writers have lived on a sub. However it gets to the point in which I'm watching people get murdered and all they say is "I'm not ready!" 3-4 times over the course of 15 or so minutes. How many more people need to die for no reason?!

I'll stick with it to the end, but I'm glad this got canceled, it's garbage now.
Old December 8 2012, 10:35 PM   #218
Forbin
Admiral

It seems like the two women who were shot were nobody's spouses, 'cause we didn't see anybody on the sub react any more than the general crew did. Nobody stood up and screamed their name or screamed "That was my wife!!!" or anything like that.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 12:56 AM   #219
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

The show showed a lot of promise when it first started off but it's devolving into utter stupidity recently. This show should've been a two hour film since apparently there's not even enough story for a third of a season much less 13 or 22 episodes.
Old December 9 2012, 02:39 AM   #220
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Well remember the episodes of fluff are there to help them draw out the story for 5 seasons, not because they don't have enough story to fill a season. That is why miniseries are generally such a step up from your standard show, because they can take that premise that would need to be drawn out and filled in with extraneous b and c plots to fill a TV show and just cut right down to the meat of the story.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 10:18 AM   #221
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

^ The problem is someone here posted and article from one of the writers who flat out addmited that they were working on the 6th episode and clearly didn't know how many different stories they could come up with, that there was really no arc to the show, because they didn't know how many stories they could get out of it.

It shows. I understand stretching the story out, and I understand it's TV and we have to have some disbelief, but when I'm watching rolling my eyes at family members dying and no one caring all because one guy on a team wasn't in position for no real, the show needs to end.
Old December 9 2012, 09:43 PM   #222
E-DUB
Captain

I read on Wikipedia that they are going to show all 13 episodes, I think that means four left as of this writing and that the show producers got sufficient notice of the cancellation to "rework" the last show into a finale to "give the fans closure". Of course I realize that "I read it on Wikipedia" is only slightly more credible than "I heard it at the barber shop".
E-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2012, 12:09 AM   #223
Brolan
Commodore

E-DUB wrote: View Post
I read on Wikipedia that they are going to show all 13 episodes, I think that means four left as of this writing and that the show producers got sufficient notice of the cancellation to "rework" the last show into a finale to "give the fans closure". Of course I realize that "I read it on Wikipedia" is only slightly more credible than "I heard it at the barber shop".
Thats been confirmed by a few of the people involved in the show, but how much resolution can you do in one hour? Whatever the existing plot line is in the 12th show is going to be wholesale dumped, and a completely arbitrary ending written for show 13. It's going to be jarring and likely make little sense.
Brolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2012, 02:50 AM   #224
E-DUB
Captain

I hear ya, Brolan. But a cobbled-together ending is still better than no ending at all (hopefully). I has occured to me that the whole DVD set business may have caused (or may be causing) a reversal in the thinking of the network types.

They used to think that if they ended a series with an actual conclusion that nobody would watch in syndication because they already knew how it turned out. (One of the few early series that did finish its story, The Fugitive, bore that out as it did poorly in syndication despite being a top-notch drama.)

Now, they might be thinking that if they have an ending they'll be able to sell DVD's labled "Complete Series" more readily than if it were left open-ended.
E-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2012, 06:39 AM   #225
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

^ ABC doesn't give a damn about DVD sales, they don't produce the show, Sony does. So Sony will be making any money off of TV sales.

I love the title of this thread, Last Resort WAS Awesome. Yes it was, not it sucks.