RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,710
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 795
Newest member: Robert james

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old December 8 2012, 10:48 PM   #481
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
I always thought that Daniel and Dr. Lee getting tortured by terrorists (bad guys that actually exist) seemed more poignant than whenever we've seen the Goa'uld or Jaffa go psycho.
I was thinking the same thing. It was harder to watch and I was much more worried about them! Dr. Lee was great in these episodes. I feel bad for him that he has to live with himself for giving in to the torture though conveniently they are all dead. Though I would be burning the body of the zombie one to be sure.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 9 2012, 01:41 AM   #482
gturner
Admiral

If only Daniel had taken Dr. Felger instead.

Those kidnappers would've been cowering in fear!
Old December 9 2012, 02:22 AM   #483
teacake
Admiral

Felger was really irritating me by the end of the last Felger ep.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 9 2012, 02:35 AM   #484
gturner
Admiral

Perhaps that's why they didn't use him in the South American episode. People would've been cheering the zombie torturers, who would've concluded that Felger was telling the truth when he claimed he didn't know anything. "Jeffe, realmente, este hombre es un idiota."
Old December 9 2012, 02:42 AM   #485
teacake
Admiral

The whole time I was watching the Felger ep I was remembering this person I knew on World of Warcraft with a character called Felger about 5 years ago. I remember they told me they got the name from Stargate. I'm sitting there watching Felger thinking "why the hell would you name a draenei Felger". Though maybe the character started out another race.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 9 2012, 11:35 AM   #486
lurok
Commodore

This is my first rewatch and still only on season 3 but one of the things I've noticed is that the actors (both main cast and guests) make even the worse episodes bearable. Not a lot of shows you can say that about.
Old December 9 2012, 11:40 AM   #487
teacake
Admiral

There's a helluva lot of chemistry on that set. It works.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 9 2012, 07:08 PM   #488
gturner
Admiral

One of my old online friends (Ron Moore's next-door neighbor, oddly enough) had a friend who worked for one of the studios (in accounting or legal, as I recall), and he swung her a trip to the Stargate set. They assumed she was somehow a studio bigwig bean-counter and wanted to impress her, so she got to spend a whole day sitting with the cast around the big mission briefing table in the stargate control room, and she said it was a blast! She said they were all hilarious and fun and extremely nice. I was soooo jealous!
Old December 9 2012, 09:45 PM   #489
teacake
Admiral

Wow that is wonderful!

I've had a bit of a gate lull, went into my Melinda Clarke obsession after getting an image in my head that she is like some campy christmas ornament and this thought triggered a Melinda flare up. Sadly she was never in Stargate, she would have made a mighty fine system lord (though she was on one episode of Star Trek where clearly they did not know what they had there since they coated her in suliban makeup).

However Evolution kick started me back into gateworld because it was quite awesome. Hopefully real christmas (as opposed to teacakes's happy fantasy xmas life) doesn't impede my gate viewing goals too much.

:: dials ::

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 9 2012, 10:56 PM   #490
TiberiusMaximus
Fleet Captain

Location: A ship, a living ship, full of strange alien lifeforms.

teacake wrote: View Post
Evolution Part 2: This was just an unbelievably excellent double episode. I liked how the Nicaragua kidnapping was done by regular rebels and not people with stargate agendas. Horrible that they got tortured I was predicting we'd see a clone army at some point of the Robocop Goa'uld and YES that is what happened. Fantastic! And opening up lots of new development!
This episode has one of my favorite Stargate quotes ever.

"Is that that thing that made that guy do that thing?"
"Quite possibly, the five Jem'Hadar could turn Data into a collection of four spasming limbs, one helpless torso, and one head that shouts insults at them like the Black Knight from the Monty Python sketch." -Timo Saloniemi
Old December 10 2012, 12:02 AM   #491
DWF
Vice Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
Season 7 begins!

Fallen: What a great opening. This is just what I wanted to happen in The Eternal Tide, only even though it was a book for godsake they had Janeway returned to human form in her uniform. Because the Q thought she would be more comfy that way rather than naked. Yes it actually said that. Yes I am bitter.

Didn't we once see Rodney naked and dumped somewhere like that in SG:A? No wait.. maybe it was Ryan Robbins in Sanctuary. Yes that's it! Aerial view as well.

But onto the story.. it seemed odd to drag the half retarded Daniel Jackson who can't even remember O'Neill's first name off on this enormous mission. He doesn't know who he is or why he's back which I think makes him a bit of a wild card. The whole mission is kind of whacky but I enjoyed all the Star Wars references and I'm looking forward to part 2!
The Fallen/Homecoming was my favorite experience regarding Stargate SG1, it was shown movie style and there was a Stargate special on beforehand so it was three hours of Stargate. I loved the Star Wars stuff, Carter's explaination of the plan and hand's up for volunteers, Yu's storyline and the attack on Anubis' ship at the end, I even loved the ID4 reference.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
Old December 14 2012, 01:02 AM   #492
teacake
Admiral

Grace: All alone in a nebula makes you hallucinate it seems. VOY and ENT both did that storyline. Grace was an excellent episode which showcased Tapping's acting in a way we haven't seen for a while. Nice psychological thriller with who Grace is never answered. My theory was Grace was Samantha being kind to herself. Quite enjoyed this one.

Also, Ronson: a tool.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 14 2012, 03:12 AM   #493
teacake
Admiral

Fallout:Jonas returns looking like something out of Logan's Run. Points for interesting fashion with the Langarans we see. Great ep, nice surprise and good drama. Kind of confused by the whole "an explosion caused this problem, we need another explosion to fix it" deal but whatever

I loved it when the Goa'uld descends into the belly of the earth wearing only a singlet and sandals:

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 14 2012, 01:08 PM   #494
teacake
Admiral

Chimera: Samantha Carter in civvies. Rarely seen, I suppose there is only so much bombshell a person can take. Wow.

Fantastic! Sad to see Sarah as a Goa'uld gone as she was amazing and much more interesting that way. Carter's boyfriend is cute(ish), and I'm rather amazed they have actually given her one. How long he lasts is to be seen I guess. Though I'm not sure why she has to have a non-science guy, might as well have O'Neill.

AND.. Carter humming the Stargate theme

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; December 14 2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old December 14 2012, 09:29 PM   #495
lurok
Commodore

Dear teacake. May I spam your thread with this very wonderful gif?
Hopefully not a spoiler *eek* I'm just about to start S4 so am way way back on your review pages