RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,784
Posts: 5,217,425
Members: 24,217
Currently online: 802
Newest member: davestar057

TrekToday headlines

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 6 2012, 05:41 AM   #16
Shawnster
Captain
 
Shawnster's Avatar
 
Location: Clinton, OH
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

MadMan1701A wrote: View Post
Thanks guys.

As promised, here is a link to the full size version, from my website...

http://madshipyard.com/images/Wallpa...lShipRises.jpg

And, a Poster!


Full Size: http://madshipyard.com/images/Wallpa...er_Poster2.jpg

Can't wait for the real thing.

-Ricky
I like this better than the official poster
Shawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 04:20 PM   #17
MadMan1701A
Commodore
 
MadMan1701A's Avatar
 
Location: Milton, FL
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

Thanks guys.

It looks like I got pretty close, after seeing the trailer, too.

-Ricky
__________________
-=MadMan=-
Check out my new website!
MadMan's Shipyard:

www.madshipyard.com
MadMan1701A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 04:34 PM   #18
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral
 
Chemahkuu's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom
Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

Yeah, assuming the camera pans around she rises, it could look a lot similar. Just with a clearer, sunnier sky.
__________________
"But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake."
Chemahkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 05:38 PM   #19
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker
 
Savage Dragon's Avatar
 
Location: New York, NY
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

Redfern wrote: View Post
Anybody want to place bets this image will get passed around as a "real" poster for the upcoming movie?

Sincerely,

Bill
MadMan1701A wrote: View Post
Thanks guys.

It looks like I got pretty close, after seeing the trailer, too.

-Ricky
Do you mind if I post that poster on facebook? I like the idea of fooling peopel into thinking it's a real poster.
Savage Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 11:27 PM   #20
MadMan1701A
Commodore
 
MadMan1701A's Avatar
 
Location: Milton, FL
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
Redfern wrote: View Post
Anybody want to place bets this image will get passed around as a "real" poster for the upcoming movie?

Sincerely,

Bill
MadMan1701A wrote: View Post
Thanks guys.

It looks like I got pretty close, after seeing the trailer, too.

-Ricky
Do you mind if I post that poster on facebook? I like the idea of fooling peopel into thinking it's a real poster.
Not at all. It'd be really cool if it went Viral.

-Ricky
__________________
-=MadMan=-
Check out my new website!
MadMan's Shipyard:

www.madshipyard.com
MadMan1701A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2012, 01:10 AM   #21
Mad Jack Wolfe
Lieutenant Commander
 
Mad Jack Wolfe's Avatar
 
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

I'm in on it too. This could be fun!
__________________
Life is full of disappointments. For instance, I really hoped "Chariots of Fire" would be a remake of "Ben Hur" with flame throwers.
Mad Jack Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 10:14 PM   #22
publiusr
Commodore
 
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

The quote from the old Animated Godzilla comes to mind. Up from the depths, 30 stories high...
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 01:03 AM   #23
erifah
Commander
 
erifah's Avatar
 
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

You jerk - every time I look at that picture of the Enterprise, majestically rising out of the water like the USS Dallas breaching the surface in "The Hunt For Red October," I have a screaming orgasm and pass out.

(And I'm up to 4 so far today, in case anyone's keeping count.)

MadMan1701A wrote: View Post
Thanks guys.

As promised, here is a link to the full size version, from my website...

http://madshipyard.com/images/Wallpa...lShipRises.jpg

And, a Poster!


Full Size: http://madshipyard.com/images/Wallpa...er_Poster2.jpg

Can't wait for the real thing.

-Ricky
erifah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 01:06 AM   #24
Sarvek
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Oregon, USA
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

Fantastic Poster and great rendition of the Enterprise. I may do the same thing on Facebook too. It would be great to fool some people to.
Sarvek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 02:27 AM   #25
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker
 
Savage Dragon's Avatar
 
Location: New York, NY
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

publiusr wrote: View Post
The quote from the old Animated Godzilla comes to mind. Up from the depths, 30 stories high...
Ha!
Savage Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 04:46 AM   #26
MadMan1701A
Commodore
 
MadMan1701A's Avatar
 
Location: Milton, FL
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

erifah wrote: View Post
You jerk - every time I look at that picture of the Enterprise, majestically rising out of the water like the USS Dallas breaching the surface in "The Hunt For Red October," I have a screaming orgasm and pass out.

(And I'm up to 4 so far today, in case anyone's keeping count.)

MadMan1701A wrote: View Post
Thanks guys.

As promised, here is a link to the full size version, from my website...

http://madshipyard.com/images/Wallpa...lShipRises.jpg

And, a Poster!


Full Size: http://madshipyard.com/images/Wallpa...er_Poster2.jpg

Can't wait for the real thing.

-Ricky
Not exactly the reaction I was going for, but I'll take it.
__________________
-=MadMan=-
Check out my new website!
MadMan's Shipyard:

www.madshipyard.com
MadMan1701A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 07:08 PM   #27
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain
 
Re: The Tall Ship Rises

It is a testament to your skill that you can make a dodgy concept like this look frakking awesome!
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.