RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,801
Posts: 5,325,987
Members: 24,548
Currently online: 677
Newest member: USS Vesta

TrekToday headlines

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 8 2012, 09:14 AM   #16
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Original baddie?

IT IS ZEPHRAM COCHRANE

Escaped from the love embraces of the Companion he seeks his vengeance on Starfleet and earth for leaving him on that shit hole after ALL HE DID for mankind's future.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 10:09 AM   #17
Melakon
Vice Admiral
 
Melakon's Avatar
 
Location: Unmarked grave, Ekos
Re: Original baddie?

A canon character. The 2009 film is canon. Cumberbatch is Nero.The villain in all three films will be Nero.
__________________
Curly: Moe, Larry, the cheese! Moe, Larry, the cheese! (Horses Collars, 1935)
Melakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 01:37 PM   #18
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Original baddie?

AJBlue98 wrote: View Post
Which TAS characters fit here? Anybody?
Both Captain Robert April and Transporter Chief Kyle appeared in TAS, wore Starfleet uniforms and had English accents.
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 03:49 PM   #19
Neumann
Captain
 
Neumann's Avatar
 
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
View Neumann's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Neumann
Re: Original baddie?

Honestly, I think that it is Khan. The jump he did in the Trailer is the kind of thing that I would expect from an Augment. I originally wished it was Gary or Garth, but for the sake of argument, in the Trailer he is not really after Kirk, just like Khan was in TOS. He did try to kill Kirk, but it wasnt a personal vendetta.

And the girl is Carol Marcus! Why? Science insignia on the uniform (not rand) and Carol Marcus had a far greater weight on kirk's life than the other plausible characters.

So how old was David Marcus in TWOK? He looked like 24 or such, that would put him as being born on 2262. Quite close huh?
__________________
It's all about canon being violated! ;-)
Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 04:49 PM   #20
Franklin
Rear Admiral
 
Location: In the bleachers
Re: Original baddie?

teacake wrote: View Post
IT IS ZEPHRAM COCHRANE

Escaped from the love embraces of the Companion he seeks his vengeance on Starfleet and earth for leaving him on that shit hole after ALL HE DID for mankind's future.
I realize your being facetious, but that's actually worth giving some serious thought to. Well, for a moment, anyway. Him somehow being the villain would certainly be more mind-blowing than it being Mitchell or even Khan.
__________________
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. -- Mark Twain
Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 09:09 PM   #21
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: Original baddie?

Neumann wrote: View Post
And the girl is Carol Marcus! Why? Science insignia on the uniform (not rand) and Carol Marcus had a far greater weight on kirk's life than the other plausible characters.
Carol Marcus was never in Starfleet.
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 09:17 PM   #22
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Original baddie?

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Neumann wrote: View Post
And the girl is Carol Marcus! Why? Science insignia on the uniform (not rand) and Carol Marcus had a far greater weight on kirk's life than the other plausible characters.
Carol Marcus was never in Starfleet.
Not in the old timeline . . . .

(Not that I actually think she's Carol, but I'm not sure why people keeping citing trivia from another timeline. None of that is binding anymore. It's a whole new ball game.)
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 10:13 PM   #23
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral
 
Samuel T. Cogley's Avatar
 
Location: Hold still, Jim.
Re: Original baddie?

Kpnuts wrote: View Post
I keep hearing all this endless, repetitive chat about BC's character being either Mitchell, Garth etc...

Has anyone actually considered that just maybe, he's an original character?
I have missed you, Kpnuts.

Kiss me.
__________________
"If I didn't keep getting distracted by an avatar showing a sombrero'd dog getting his engineering hull penis substitute cut off I'd probably say that the above post was a point well made." - ITL
Samuel T. Cogley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 11:22 PM   #24
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Original baddie?

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
Kpnuts wrote: View Post
I keep hearing all this endless, repetitive chat about BC's character being either Mitchell, Garth etc...

Has anyone actually considered that just maybe, he's an original character?
I have missed you, Kpnuts.

Kiss me.
Oh, my!
__________________
Dinosaurs are just really, really big chickens.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2012, 11:37 PM   #25
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Original baddie?

Franklin wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
IT IS ZEPHRAM COCHRANE

Escaped from the love embraces of the Companion he seeks his vengeance on Starfleet and earth for leaving him on that shit hole after ALL HE DID for mankind's future.
I realize your being facetious, but that's actually worth giving some serious thought to. Well, for a moment, anyway. Him somehow being the villain would certainly be more mind-blowing than it being Mitchell or even Khan.
Cochrane is definitely a wild card character, he could end up going in all kinds of directions. I think this would be a more fitting ending than what TOS gave him. And the Companion may have warped his mind a bit too, told him for centuries that he was alone because of earth and only she cared for him. He's insane and bitter.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 01:01 AM   #26
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Original baddie?

The more importan question is...

Is there a kind of villain that had not been done if we take into acccount the books and comics too?
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 01:25 AM   #27
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Original baddie?

An original type of villain?

From the trailer I don't think we're getting an original type of villain. Having my vengeance and all that.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 07:01 AM   #28
TorontoTrekker
Vice Admiral
 
TorontoTrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: Original baddie?

teacake wrote: View Post
Franklin wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
IT IS ZEPHRAM COCHRANE

Escaped from the love embraces of the Companion he seeks his vengeance on Starfleet and earth for leaving him on that shit hole after ALL HE DID for mankind's future.
I realize your being facetious, but that's actually worth giving some serious thought to. Well, for a moment, anyway. Him somehow being the villain would certainly be more mind-blowing than it being Mitchell or even Khan.
Cochrane is definitely a wild card character, he could end up going in all kinds of directions. I think this would be a more fitting ending than what TOS gave him. And the Companion may have warped his mind a bit too, told him for centuries that he was alone because of earth and only she cared for him. He's insane and bitter.
It's an intriguing thought, but if they were going to use Cochrane, I half suspect that they would have cast James Cromwell to reprise the role.

I see no reason to think that the producers have been lying all along about the villain being someone we're familiar with. The idea that he's someone who wasn't villainous in the original timeline is an intriguing one, but I'm sticking with my theory that it's Garth.
TorontoTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 10:23 PM   #29
The Keeper
Commodore
 
The Keeper's Avatar
 
Location: Where reality ends and illusion begins
Re: Original baddie?

I've been loath to the idea of a Khan re-hash ever since the rumor broke, preferring originality over re-treads and that hasn't changed. Khan had his fifteen minutes, leave him dead, IMO.

But I'm finding, if a retread is all they could come up with then the idea of it being Gary, Garth, Green, even Cochrane, (^ ) who-ever, could make for an exciting Trek adventure in the Nuverse.

Despite my growing anticipation over this new Trek I will be severely disappointed if it turns out Khan. Just the thought of hearing his name said again in a brand new feature makes my skin crawl. I've endured a great many heartbreaks over decades of relationship with Star Trek but a Khan rehash here may be the final straw which turns me into a foaming Hater!
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 10:44 PM   #30
Tom
Rear Admiral
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Location: In your Mind!
Re: Original baddie?

One thing I have noticed is the the character seems to tie in strongly with Spock. the glass scene in the Japanese trailer is supposablly Cumby and Spock, not Kirk and Spock as mentioned be someone that has seen the next trailer. Also, Cumby looks just like a human version of Spock, the body and the dark hair. So what if the 'Enemy Within' happened with Spock and not Kirk?? Spock was split into a Vulcan side and a human side (Cumby). It's and interesting senario. It also explains why JJ can't publicly name the villian yet.
__________________
AP - Star Trek: Renegades - Starring Walter Koenig, Tim Russ, Robert Picardo, Sean Young & many more - Coming 2014 - www.startrekrenegades.com
https://www.facebook.com/STRtheSeries
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.