Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old December 5 2012, 10:41 PM   #166
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

Re: Anyone Else Love "Whom Gods Destroy"?

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
scotpens wrote: View Post
No more of a joke than potbellied Adam West as a superhero.
He did not have a potbelly on the show. Now, if you were talking about his shape in that abysmal "superhero roast" from the late 70's, now that is another matter....
No potbelly there, either. If anything, he was in even better shape.

At least Yvonne was in great shape!
She had thighs like a rhino after one too many Big Macs.
She was short and muscular from dancing. It made them look big. Big and tasty.
Old December 5 2012, 11:10 PM   #167
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

jayrath wrote: View Post
Sir Rhosis wrote: View Post
Ihnat was a marvelous actor. If you get a chance, find an episode of the original "Outer Limits," entitled The Inheritors. Ihnat at his low-key, underplayed best.

Sir Rhosis
I can hardly say how much I love this episode. The last time I saw it I cried. Even though the major setpiece at the end is pretty clunky. (I won't give away what it is here. But get this two-part episode on DVD and be prepared to be blown away.)
Thanks for reminding me to rewatch this episode. I don't think I had ever seen it until I got the DVD set, and not again since then. Last night, I watched Part 1 again, and loved it even more. I'll watch Part 2 when I have a chance.

Is it time again for me to request a blu-ray set of The Outer Limits?
Doug Otte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 03:35 PM   #168
AtoZ
Commander

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
scotpens wrote: View Post
No more of a joke than potbellied Adam West as a superhero.
He did not have a potbelly on the show. Now, if you were talking about his shape in that abysmal "superhero roast" from the late 70's, now that is another matter....
No potbelly there, either. If anything, he was in even better shape.

At least Yvonne was in great shape!
She had thighs like a rhino after one too many Big Macs.
She was short and muscular from dancing. It made them look big. Big and tasty.
Add to that, the insertion points on her upper and lower legs are excellent. Craig had astounding legs, flexed or otherwise. Muscularity and shape are key to a women's legs, IMO. When I see somebody with "thin" or "skinny", so often there is no shape, sexy density in the right places and sweep, much like the legs on a coffee table.
AtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2012, 06:49 AM   #169
scotpens
Vice Admiral

^^ I can see you're a leg man!
Old December 7 2012, 01:53 PM   #170
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

[QUOTE=A beaker full of death;7351276She was short and muscular from dancing. It made them look big. Big and tasty.[/QUOTE]

It did not look good when stuffed into a lycra costume, prancing around like Petunia Pig. Now Julie Newmar as Catwoman was a far different story--she too was a dancer, but everything was distributed well on her taller form. Oh, and she could run in heels...unlike Fatgirl.
Old December 7 2012, 02:41 PM   #171
Myko
Commander

It did not look good when stuffed into a lycra costume, prancing around like Petunia Pig. Now Julie Newmar as Catwoman was a far different story--she too was a dancer, but everything was distributed well on her taller form. Oh, and she could run in heels...unlike Fatgirl.
I just googled Yvonne as Batgirl, and you are greatly exaggerating.
Old December 7 2012, 02:59 PM   #172
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

Myko wrote: View Post
Wildly. There wasn't an ounce of fat on her, especially not her legs. If he thinks this is fat, dude has no idea what a woman should look like. Probably brought up on the bony-assed titless wonders of today.

See also http://img004.lazygirls.info/people/...iVCm.sized.jpg and, especially, http://img003.lazygirls.info/people/...2ekm.sized.jpg

There was a time women didn't look like little boys.
Of course, there was a time leading men didn't look like little boys, too.
Old December 7 2012, 03:17 PM   #173
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

You are entitled to your opinion, but in my view, she was a piglet stuffed into that costume, and was a joke as a superhero.
Old December 7 2012, 03:28 PM   #174
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Wildly. There wasn't an ounce of fat on her, especially not her legs.
Yes, because one photo is a strong substitute for an entire season of live action views i'm referring to.

YouTube exists.

By the way, every woman of the 60s was not built like Craig. Have you ever seen actresses such as Diana Rigg, Tisha Sterling, the aforementioned Newmar, Sharon Tate, or to add some Trek flavor, France Nuyen, Janet MacLachlan, or Grace Lee Whitney? Hmmm?

If he thinks this is fat, dude has no idea what a woman should look like.
Talk about exaggeration, which is exactly what you did when ignoring:

Now Julie Newmar as Catwoman was a far different story--she too was a dancer, but everything was distributed well on her taller form.
It was in the same post, so you must have glossed over that in your flame-fest.
Old December 7 2012, 03:31 PM   #175
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Probably brought up on the bony-assed titless wonders of today.

There was a time women didn't look like little boys.
Of course, there was a time leading men didn't look like little boys, too.
You seem to have many issues with the time you're living in, which explains such a blanket statement about women of this era.
Old December 7 2012, 03:57 PM   #176
The Realist
Vice Admiral

I can only conclude Yvonne Craig must make a personal appearance each and every morning to piss in TREK_GOD_1's cornflakes, to justify this bizarre level of rancor.

Ms. Craig was (a) deliciously sexy with a lovely, voluptuous body, (b) the best thing ever to happen to the Batman TV show, and (c) certainly the only good thing about the otherwise execrable "Whom Gods Destroy."
Old December 7 2012, 04:21 PM   #177
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

Doug Otte wrote: View Post
jayrath wrote: View Post
Sir Rhosis wrote: View Post
Ihnat was a marvelous actor. If you get a chance, find an episode of the original "Outer Limits," entitled The Inheritors. Ihnat at his low-key, underplayed best.

Sir Rhosis
I can hardly say how much I love this episode. The last time I saw it I cried. Even though the major setpiece at the end is pretty clunky. (I won't give away what it is here. But get this two-part episode on DVD and be prepared to be blown away.)
Thanks for reminding me to rewatch this episode. I don't think I had ever seen it until I got the DVD set, and not again since then. Last night, I watched Part 1 again, and loved it even more. I'll watch Part 2 when I have a chance.

Is it time again for me to request a blu-ray set of The Outer Limits?
I watched Part 2 again last night. It's amazing how its theme is so similar to Roddenberry's vision of the future. Ihnat even has a line about (paraphrasing) "...no more war, no more poverty, no more disease..." etc.
Doug Otte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2012, 04:29 PM   #178
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

The Realist wrote: View Post
I can only conclude Yvonne Craig must make a personal appearance each and every morning to piss in TREK_GOD_1's cornflakes, to justify this bizarre level of rancor.
Ahhh..you must come from the Dr.Phil/Oprah "Personal opinon means hatred" school.

Gotcha. Meanwhile, you skip over the flames directed my way for expressing an opinion.

Interesting...............

the best thing ever to happen to the Batman TV show."
Try explaining that one!
Old December 7 2012, 05:07 PM   #179
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Indeed. It may not have been the most flattering of costumes but simply because of how it was made (the "cut" of the pants isn't too great) but there's nothing at all wrong with Yvonne's body during her tenure as Batgirl.
Old December 7 2012, 05:20 PM   #180
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

Wildly. There wasn't an ounce of fat on her, especially not her legs.
Yes, because one photo is a strong substitute for an entire season of live action views i'm referring to.

YouTube exists.
Yes, I'm well familiar with all three seasons of the show. I watched it A LOT.
On the other hand, you have yet to find a photo of Craig looking fat as Batgirl.
Of course, you're the guy who thought Adam West had a pot belly in the 1970s superhero special. I refer you upthread. You seem to have issues with healthy weights.
By the way, every woman of the 60s was not built like Craig. Have you ever seen actresses such as Diana Rigg, Tisha Sterling, the aforementioned Newmar, Sharon Tate, or to add some Trek flavor, France Nuyen, Janet MacLachlan, or Grace Lee Whitney? Hmmm?
Rigg and Newmar were tall and slim. Hot, yes, though definitely on the slim side. Whitney was certainly not in any kind of decent shape.
If you think Craig was overweight, you must think Nichelle Nichols was a big ol' moo-cow. Not to mention Marilyn.

your flame-fest.
Confirmed. Definitely born after 1986.

You seem to have many issues with the time you're living in, which explains such a blanket statement about women of this era.
That much is true, as is well known here. Plastic tits and flat asses (and worse, flat delivery) are no substitute for what a real woman is supposed to look like. I knew we were in trouble when people first pointed out that JLo has an ass, as if this were extraordinary. Turned out it was.