Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old December 6 2012, 04:16 PM   #16
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Re: Did Baltar know Ellen Tigh was a cylon?

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
The Darth Vader thing is a poor comparison because his identity as Luke's father has been part of popular culture for a few decades now. BSG spoilers, not so much.
So, basically, to hell with the established forum's rules and just live by mob rule instead? Gotcha. Love it when even the moderators are telling you that it's okay to ignore the rules and just make shit up as you go.

Just so its clear, I'm not the one starting threads with these titles. It's just absolutely ridiculous when the little peons, who are utterly unaffected whatsoever by them, start crying and whining about being spoiled when 1) they're not and 2) it's perfectly within the forum rules. If it's some huge epidemic of a problem, go discuss it with the people who make the actual rules and deal with it there. Rather than, you know, just pouting and sobbing and making shit up as you go.
Old December 6 2012, 04:35 PM   #17
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
The Darth Vader thing is a poor comparison because his identity as Luke's father has been part of popular culture for a few decades now. BSG spoilers, not so much.
So, basically, to hell with the established forum's rules and just live by mob rule instead? Gotcha. Love it when even the moderators are telling you that it's okay to ignore the rules and just make shit up as you go.
That's a deliberate mischaracterization of what I said.

Just so its clear, I'm not the one starting threads with these titles. It's just absolutely ridiculous when the little peons, who are utterly unaffected whatsoever by them, start crying and whining about being spoiled when 1) they're not and 2) it's perfectly within the forum rules. If it's some huge epidemic of a problem, go discuss it with the people who make the actual rules and deal with it there. Rather than, you know, just pouting and sobbing and making shit up as you go.
It wasn't a "big deal," a couple of people just complained and the title was changed. That's it. The end. No mountains moved, no heads exploded, no lives were ruined. It was just changed as a courtesy, and it's not hurting anyone. Why you are flipping out about it is beyond me.
Old December 6 2012, 07:10 PM   #18
Balrog
Commodore

Re: Did Baltar know Ellen Tigh was ... (spoiler)?

It was his sled.
Old December 6 2012, 08:43 PM   #19
RoJoHen
Awesome

Jingle Balrog wrote: View Post
It was his sled.
I still haven't seen that movie!
Old December 6 2012, 08:55 PM   #20
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Why you are flipping out about it is beyond me.
Because it's ridiculous and hypocritical. The rules on the subject are well documented and clearly defined, and the rule most certainly is not "the statue of limitations for determining if an episode/film is free of spoilers is one year... or some random, indiscriminate set of time as deemed by random, wholly unaffected powers and moderators who aren't even the cited moderator for the forum in question."

There wasn't even anyone actually complaining about being spoiled, just a handful of people whining about it for the sake of whining.

Why even bother having rules if you're just going to completely and utterly ignore them on a whim?
Old December 6 2012, 09:09 PM   #21
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Did you guys just say that Darth Vader is Luke's father????
Old December 6 2012, 09:39 PM   #22
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Why you are flipping out about it is beyond me.
Because it's ridiculous and hypocritical. The rules on the subject are well documented and clearly defined, and the rule most certainly is not "the statue of limitations for determining if an episode/film is free of spoilers is one year... or some random, indiscriminate set of time as deemed by random, wholly unaffected powers and moderators who aren't even the cited moderator for the forum in question."

There wasn't even anyone actually complaining about being spoiled, just a handful of people whining about it for the sake of whining.

Why even bother having rules if you're just going to completely and utterly ignore them on a whim?
Maybe you missed this in the spoiler guidelines thread:

Just think about your fellow posters when you're posting, okay? A little consideration goes a long way 'round these parts.
And from Neroon's post in this thread:

...it's also not difficult to keep such major plot points out of thread titles, just in case. It's all part of maintaining a fruitful ground for good discussion.
No one broke any rules. The rules aren't the issue. It's not that hard to keep major plot points out of thread titles. Lyon_Wonder didn't get in trouble for anything.

You keep going on about "rules, rules, rules!" when it has nothing to do with the rules, it's just about courtesy and consideration.
Old December 7 2012, 02:03 AM   #23
Balrog
Commodore

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
It was his sled.
What movie is that?
Old December 7 2012, 03:45 AM   #24
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
It was his sled.
What movie is that?
Cool Runnings.
Old December 7 2012, 12:08 PM   #25
RoJoHen
Awesome

Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme!
Old December 8 2012, 05:03 AM   #26
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Did you guys just say that Darth Vader is Luke's father????

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old December 8 2012, 06:22 AM   #27
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Yep, I sure did!

Maybe if you cry enough and squeeze out every little pathetic tear you can muster, a moderator will go and add some spoiler tags to my previous posts despite, again, it not being even remotely close to being a violation of the forum, or even without my request let alone permission! Yay!

As a courtesy, of course. Not because it's a rules violation or anything. Just sort of a thing we made up on the spur of the moment just 'cause. So freely editing other people's things is perfectly acceptable behavior, even though there's no reason whatsoever to validate that except some random jerk throwing a hissy fit over a non-rules violation. "WHAA! WHAT IF SOMEONE COMES IN AND SEES IT (even though the forum is all but dead, the episode in question is pushing more than five years of age, and no actual rules are even close to being violated -- but let's just keep ignoring all that)! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAA! Oh, and also, I've already seen the episode and shit. But, still, someone might wander in here -- an obscure, almost dead forum specifically dedicated to a show they know is long over -- and could almost maybe sorta be spoiled a little if they even understood what the fuck the subject line meant. So, yeah. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! OMFG CHANGE IT NAOW!!!!"

Fucking pathetic.
Old December 8 2012, 06:41 AM   #28
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

Yep, I sure did!

Maybe if you cry enough and squeeze out every little pathetic tear you can muster, a moderator will go and add some spoiler tags to my previous posts despite, again, it not being even remotely close to being a violation of the forum, or even without my request let alone permission! Yay!

As a courtesy, of course. Not because it's a rules violation or anything. Just sort of a thing we made up on the spur of the moment just 'cause. So freely editing other people's things is perfectly acceptable behavior, even though there's no reason whatsoever to validate that except some random jerk throwing a hissy fit over a non-rules violation. "WHAA! WHAT IF SOMEONE COMES IN AND SEES IT (even though the forum is all but dead, the episode in question is pushing more than five years of age, and no actual rules are even close to being violated -- but let's just keep ignoring all that)! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAA! Oh, and also, I've already seen the episode and shit. But, still, someone might wander in here -- an obscure, almost dead forum specifically dedicated to a show they know is long over -- and could almost maybe sorta be spoiled a little if they even understood what the fuck the subject line meant. So, yeah. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! OMFG CHANGE IT NAOW!!!!"

Fucking pathetic.
Ellen Tigh, is that you?
Old December 10 2012, 03:56 AM   #29
Neroon
Mod of balance

Yep, I sure did!

Fucking pathetic.

Infraction for flaming. Comments to PM.

ETA: There is no need for further discussion on spoiler rules in this forum. If you still feel you must, then post in QSF, MA or contact the mods of this forum privately. So, back to discussing Ellen Tighe........
- Proverbs 12:20

Last edited by Neroon; December 10 2012 at 04:41 AM.