USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 5 2012, 09:13 PM   #31
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Arnold is on board for Terminator 5 and possibly 6

^ Only if it has Jamie Lee Curtis...
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 09:18 PM   #32
Mike Farley
Commodore

Arnold and Jamie Lee are preparing for their final mission. They are joined by daughter Eliza Dushku, who is taking up the family business.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 09:25 PM   #33
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ You mean Sergeant Candy?

As for this film: Meh. What could T5 and T6 possibly cover that the existing films haven't?

There's not gonna be yet more time travel, is there? If this keeps up, I am sticking to my hope that the timelines featuring Skynet, whose entire existence depends on time travel, will collapse in on themselves and the only possible outcome will be a Future Coda-like timeline in which Skynet never existed.
Oh yeah, the T2 deleted scene that SHOULD have ended that movie.

And the franchise.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 09:28 PM   #34
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Next terminator: Faran Tahir.

You know you want it.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 09:28 PM   #35
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Mike Farley wrote: View Post
Arnold and Jamie Lee are preparing for their final mission. They are joined by daughter Eliza Dushku, who is taking up the family business.
I've often thought this would be a great scenario for a True Lies sequel. I would totally go see it. They'd have to bring Tom Arnold and Grant Heslov on board to make it complete though.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 10:53 PM   #36
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Gaith wrote: View Post
The most obvious route is to do a more or less straight sequel to Salvation, but the movie would have to be damn good to overcome audience apathy toward revisiting the post-apocalyptic landscape that just isn't all that suited to sustaining a full movie.
Yeah, nobody can relate to that future, especially when the characters weren't even all that engaging. It's best to leave the future as brief scenes like in T1, while relating to people in the present.

Right there, that's why the obvious route is a reboot or some more time travel. And if that weren't enough, you'd think they might take a formulaic approach by looking at other franchises that rebooted when they were in the shitter. Star Trek and Batman are two pretty good examples of success.

If all they do is continue where Salvation left off, they're just pissing more in that soup.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 12:04 AM   #37
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
I've often thought this would be a great scenario for a True Lies sequel. I would totally go see it. They'd have to bring Tom Arnold and Grant Heslov on board to make it complete though.
Wow. I always thought I was the only one thinking this, but it's the obvious sequel isn't it?

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 12:27 AM   #38
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Sadly I think T3, Terminator: salvation and Terminator:TSCC has polluted any real chance of anything decent out of the franchise.

I also feel the same way about the Alien and Predator franchises such potential only to be $#!t all over chasing the almighty dollar, let them rest a while then dust them off with something fresh and new.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 12:45 AM   #39
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Next terminator: Faran Tahir.

You know you want it.
I fear the world could not take such badassness.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 05:33 PM   #40
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
Wow. I always thought I was the only one thinking this, but it's the obvious sequel isn't it?
Time to start a letter writing campaign!
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 06:27 PM   #41
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Admiral2 wrote: View Post

Time to start a letter writing campaign!
Yep. With all that practice on Buffy and Dollhouse Eliza should be able to turn True Lies into a nice franchise.

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 09:23 PM   #42
Gaith
Rear Admiral

The world needs more True Lies like... uh... er... it just plain doesn't.

Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
Yeah, nobody can relate to that future, especially when the characters weren't even all that engaging. It's best to leave the future as brief scenes like in T1, while relating to people in the present.

Right there, that's why the obvious route is a reboot or some more time travel. And if that weren't enough, you'd think they might take a formulaic approach by looking at other franchises that rebooted when they were in the shitter. Star Trek and Batman are two pretty good examples of success.
But neither of those two franchises were firmly anchored to a certain geopolitical moment or a single iconic star who's permanently aged out of the (original, at least) role.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 09:31 PM   #43
lurok
Commodore

1 & 2: genius. 3 & 4: meh, ok. But wouldn't mind if they never made another Terminator movie. Wish Arnold well though.
Old December 8 2012, 12:51 AM   #44
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Arnold in a 5th Terminator? That would only work for me if he's a human resistance fighter, battle hardened with lots of scars.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2012, 08:26 AM   #45
Magellan
Lieutenant Commander

I actually liked Terminator Salvation but I still can't see how Arnie returning to the franchise could help. I mean we all know he cant be the T-800 again so then what?

I suppose an older resistance fightrer who the T-800 was based off could work as long as CHristian Bale returns as John Connor. The only alternative would be, as proposed already, a really old Terminator(120 years was the life span in T2) hanging around either helping what remained of the human resistance in the 22nd century or helping rebuild after the human victory.

EDIT: Actually if you wanted to go REALLY different we could go with a hard sci fi story about all the ex-Terminators living in human society. We know the they could in theory at least adjust according to the learning Terminators of T2. Maybe Terminators need rights too.

Last edited by Magellan; December 9 2012 at 08:37 AM.
Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote