Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade Blood & Chrome...
Excellent 43 34.96%
Above Average 53 43.09%
Average 24 19.51%
Below Average 3 2.44%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 2 2012, 08:41 AM   #301
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701
Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

Well, according to the Twitter account of Syfy's Craig Engler, there's theoretically hope for the series. Engler's claiming that if the online, TV, and DVD numbers are good enough, they're willing to continue Blood & Chrome.

Now whether or not you believe them is entirely your call, but that's the word they're putting out there for the moment.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old December 2 2012, 01:17 PM   #302
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

Well, I'd certainly like to believe there's a chance for the show. It's been entertaining thus far. I do like the BSG-verse and having this take on it has been a nice addition. Who knows, perhaps it'd get old sooner rather than later. But they've done some nifty things to add to the overall story world. I'd like to see them have a chance to continue doing so.

Especially if it means we get more albums from Bear.
Old December 2 2012, 04:40 PM   #303
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Kaijima wrote: View Post
As for wanting to be organic / human, remember that what the Cylons want freedom from is oppression and being used as disposable people. The First Cylon herself wanted to be human again and didn't see the joy in remaining an iron plated robot. It hasn't been revealed just what connection she has, if any, to the rebellion. Could it be that the Cylons, before the arrival of the Five and the manipulation of Cavil, wished to find some form of hybrid form that allowed them to feel some form of humanity while preserving their mechanical advantages?
Based on "the shape of things to come" montage at the end of Caprica, Zoe-A eventually gets a hybrid organic/synthetic body that her parents create for her. However, I feel like she's a special case and not a representative of the cylons as a whole. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Zoe-A has nothing to do with the cylon rebellion. Otherwise, we'd see other cylons during the war with the same hybrid-type of body.

The cylons featured in B&C seem to be the next stage in mechanical evolution, bridging the gap to the new, sleeker models seen in nuBSG. The cylons were clearly interested in evolving into organic bodies, hence the experimentation and the genetic engineering (like the giant snake/eel thing). They weren't terribly successful, though, until the Final Five arrived and helped them develop the 12 human models. But even after that, the cylons still have synthetic/organic hybrid technology in the base stars and raiders, and they even still retain fully mechanical centurions as their foot soldiers.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Old December 2 2012, 07:47 PM   #304
DarKush
Rear Admiral

After watching Episodes 7 & 8 (which weren't as compelling as the previous two installments, IMO), I did really like the new Cylons introduced. They reminded me of Terminators.

Does anyone have any more info on this model? Also, they looked more advanced than the classic TOS Centurions (featured in the new BSG pilot and Razor). I wonder if they were the midpoint from the old Centurions to the newer Centurions of the new BSG series? I also liked the cython from the previous installments.
Old December 3 2012, 01:40 AM   #305
pst
Lieutenant Commander

I'm under the impression that the OG chrome toaster centurions from Razor were supposed to be human constructed models, from that generation - they would have been the advanced production versions of the oversized prototype battle robot frame from Caprica. With martial, regal styling to denote them as formally part of a (human controlled) Cylon armed forces.

Likewise, the original "pie plate" basestars seem like they were the original human designed Cylon carrier ships. The tri-star basestar we saw take on Osiris in Blood & Chrome is likely one of the first Cylon-designed ships.
i'm right there with ya. i always felt like old school basestars and raiders were constructed by one of the colonies - probably to fight another colony - and then appropriated by the cylons.

as for the centurions we see in razor... it's essentially the U-87 from caprica with chrome armor. think it's pretty safe to assume they are the human-created generation before the cylon-created generation of cylons.

there's a line in the script i have for blood & chrome (which is an early version given to casting companies here in LA) in which beka kelly talks about her work for the cylons. i don't have it on me but she says something along the lines of "i worked on cylons, before the cylons started making cylons."

the script also features "stealth" cylons which have the ability to disappear or at least blend into their surroundings. i always thought it was stupid so i was glad to see it didn't make it into the final version.
Old December 3 2012, 03:46 AM   #306
DanCPA
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanCPA Send a message via Yahoo to DanCPA

[QUOTE=pst;7336381]
"i worked on cylons, before the cylons started making cylons."
They were reproducing... following Gods mandate
Old December 6 2012, 04:47 AM   #307
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

So why was the cylon repeatedly scanning her dogtag? What info was it reading and why was this slowing it down from killing her.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 6 2012, 05:33 AM   #308
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

Seemed similar to the vibe when Anders' eye was scanned at the beginning of season 4.
Old December 6 2012, 02:48 PM   #309
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

It still took way too long for it to scan the dogtag. I know, I know, "dramatic license." It was still absurdly long.
My blog
Old December 7 2012, 03:46 PM   #310
Saul
Rear Admiral

Kinda a low key way to end the show. I liked the cameo by (spoiler) which was a nice touch. All in all Blood and Chrome is not a show I would recommend to a friend who never saw BSG before. It's good as filler to those who already have watched nBSG and want to see glimpses of the War but beyond that there isn't enough inbetween the action and flashy effects.
Old December 7 2012, 04:17 PM   #311
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Yay! Neck-breaking Six! Well, sort of...

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Old December 7 2012, 04:33 PM   #312
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Yeah it was cool to hear that voice with that music again.

Definitely feeling like listening to this now- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQowmzzdRr8

A fun series, didn't exactly blow me away or set the world on fire but I enjoyed as a BSG fan I really enjoyed and will definitely pick up the Blu-ray
Old December 7 2012, 08:19 PM   #313
Borjis
Commodore

teacake wrote: View Post
So why was the cylon repeatedly scanning her dogtag? What info was it reading and why was this slowing it down from killing her.

It needed to upgrade its QR Code scanning software.
Old December 7 2012, 10:09 PM   #314
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
What info was it reading and why was this slowing it down from killing her.
Probably Information on the ghost fleet that was introduced a few episodes ago.
Old December 7 2012, 11:02 PM   #315
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

I loved the cameo with Tricia Helfer's voice and that music. Unfortunately, the cgi human/cylon was absolutely horrible. It was seriously the worst looking thing I've seen in B&C. That scene would have worked better if we just saw the hand caressing Becca's face with Helfer's voice.

The rest of the episode was great, though. I was surprised at Dr. Kelly's motivations, or rather, her methods. Good to see Husker getting his viper.