Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie

People’s Choice Award Nominations

Quinto: Not Internally Homophobic

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 4 2012, 03:54 PM   #901
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Evil Twin wrote: View Post
RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
Wow, that was quite a showdown between Micchone and the Governor.
And yet practically PG-rated compared to what she does to him in the comics. The Governor got off lucky here.
Well so did Michonne. All the Governor had done to her on the show was tried to kill her. He did much worse in the comics.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 03:58 PM   #902
Rhaven
Captain

I'm glad the TV story is different from the comics. Knowing exactly whats going to happen next would spoil the tension and anticipation.....for me at least.
Old December 4 2012, 06:56 PM   #903
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

This whole token black guy issue is annoying me to no end. It's so obvious that it's bordering on racism imho.

Tyreese better pray Morgan never shows up.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 07:06 PM   #904
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
This whole token black guy issue is annoying me to no end. It's so obvious that it's bordering on racism imho.

"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Old December 4 2012, 09:12 PM   #905
MPH
Rear Admiral

I wouldn't take much notice in the comics as everyone is dying at different points.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 09:36 PM   #906
Kosh Naranek
Captain

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Anyone catch the preview's quick cut of Beth planting (what seemed to be) a tender kiss on Rick?

Uh-oh....father vs. son....

I noticed that peck on the check. I wonder if that is what prompts Carl to say that his dad should no longer be the leader of the group in the previews?

I wonder how much it cost to fly the actor that plays Shane back in for those few seconds? However, I enjoyed it to no end. Not everything is right upstairs for Rick.
Old December 4 2012, 10:25 PM   #907
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
Remember when fans didn't like Carl? What I like is that, not only have they changed his character, it is in a well-written, in-universe gradual way, instead of some cheap he's suddenly traumatized despite having been living through it all this time. Much appreciation for the writing, acting, and directing!!
Yep! Carl really annoyed me last season but this season he's been brilliant.[/quote]

If the previews are any indicator, he will return to annoying mode for two reasons:

1. The clip of Carl asking Rick to stop being the leader. Of course context could be lost not seeing the scenes leading up to it, but its a bait clip for a reason.

2. The clip of Beth--Carl's crush--kissing Rick. Again, even that could be innocent, but i'm guessing it will spark father and son conflict.

I laughed at Axel talking with Carol
Yeah--her mocking little smile at his lesbian assumption was priceless.
Old December 4 2012, 10:35 PM   #908
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

[QUOTE=Kosh Naranek;7345843 However, I enjoyed it to no end. Not everything is right upstairs for Rick.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's insane, but everytime he kills, his conscience still troubles him about what he had to do to Shane (despite it being a reaction to Shane leading him into a would-be death trap).

Before the zombie outbreak, I think it's fair to think if Rick ever killed anyone, he would be able to place that in the compartment of his job--it was not "out of line," or morally questionable based on how the character was presented early on. At present, he feels as if he's still in the wrong about Shane, which makes him a stronger moral force, as he cannot justify killing a friend--even one who wanted to kill him.
Old December 4 2012, 10:56 PM   #909
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
2. The clip of Beth--Carl's crush--kissing Rick. Again, even that could be innocent, but i'm guessing it will spark father and son conflict.
I think Rick can take him.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 11:10 PM   #910
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ I don't know. He did pretty well for himself in the tunnels.

Evil Twin wrote: View Post
RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
Wow, that was quite a showdown between Micchone and the Governor.
And yet practically PG-rated compared to what she does to him in the comics. The Governor got off lucky here.
I can guess, given the spoilers I read earlier in the thread.
Old December 5 2012, 01:44 AM   #911
Locutus of Bored
Full Metal Bat'leth

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post

I commented on another forum that big black guys in the main group on the show are like the Highlander ... there can be only one.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 08:41 AM   #912
Base_Delta_Zero
Commodore

I kept expecting someone important to bite it this ep (and no, Token -I mean Oscar- doesn't count) and when that didn't happen, I had assumed I'd messed up the air dates and there was still one episode left before the break.

Sigh.

Now I have to wait until Feb to be disappointed Andrea isn't eaten by a bloated, smelly, well-soaked walker.

Nuts.
Base_Delta_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 12:27 PM   #913
MPH
Rear Admiral

The people most likely to not make it out of season 3 are Axel, The Father and son of the new group and Herschel and the baby oh and Tyresse' s sister won't be here long as they already have Michonne as the token female black person.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 02:03 PM   #914
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

MPH wrote: View Post
The people most likely to not make it out of season 3 are Axel, The Father and son of the new group and Herschel and the baby oh and Tyresse' s sister won't be here long as they already have Michonne as the token female black person.
I think Beth is going to show some interest in the teen boy (Ben?). If that is the case, he better not show his back to Carl.
Old December 5 2012, 07:16 PM   #915
Caligula
Vice Admiral

I can't help but wonder what Amy and Dale would think of Andrea, where she is and what she's doing at this point in her life such as it is. Dale especially was always there to keep her in line when she was making selfish or otherwise stupid decisions. With them both gone, it's no wonder she's arrived at this most frustrating and annoying step in her character's development.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote