Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old December 3 2012, 08:40 PM   #151
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Re: Anyone Else Love "Whom Gods Destroy"?

Merry Christmas wrote: View Post
Bottom of the Sea was the one actually set in the 1960's.

If i'm not mistaken, Voyage was set in the early to late 1970s. I believe the series starts in 1973 (actual TV production years 1964-68).
Old December 3 2012, 08:47 PM   #152
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Melakon wrote: View Post
or maybe that was Land of the Giants.
Land of the Giants' pilot shows an on-screen date of 1983.

The Time Tunnel may have been the only Irwin Allen series set in the same decade of its production, with a date of 1968--two years ahead of the series' actual first run date of 1966.
Old December 3 2012, 09:39 PM   #153
jayrath
Fleet Captain

Sir Rhosis wrote: View Post
Ihnat was a marvelous actor. If you get a chance, find an episode of the original "Outer Limits," entitled The Inheritors. Ihnat at his low-key, underplayed best.

Sir Rhosis
I can hardly say how much I love this episode. The last time I saw it I cried. Even though the major setpiece at the end is pretty clunky. (I won't give away what it is here. But get this two-part episode on DVD and be prepared to be blown away.)
jayrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 04:56 AM   #154
scotpens
Vice Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Using negative stories (which cannot be verified) to pad her limited career is just low. Funny how she does not care to discuss how she's almost universally cited as the most significant reason for the rapid decline of the 60's Batman TV series, when her performance as Batgirl was supposed to boost ratings.
Batman's whole schtick -- the self-parodying camp humor, the pop-art sets, the silly gimmick villains -- was starting to get old by the end of Season 2. It would have declined and fallen in its 3rd season regardless of who played Batgirl, or whether the show had introduced Batgirl at all.
Old December 4 2012, 05:12 AM   #155
gottacook
Commander

The decision to switch to one episode a week for the final 1967-68 season (instead of two episodes, with the first ending in a cliffhanger) may have been what really killed Batman. (Somewhere I have an "autographed" photo of West & Ward from the 1966 movie spinoff of the show; I must have been 8 or 9. Imagine a series so popular in its first half-season as to justify a theatrical movie the same year!)

In recent years I've seen both Yvonne Craig and Steve Ihnat in It Takes a Thief, in two different episodes (this was when Gene Coon was producing that series, so it wasn't long after their Star Trek appearance). Malachi Throne was a co-star in the early year(s) of that series.
gottacook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 05:42 AM   #156
E-DUB
Captain

Loved Ihnat, loved Craig. Keye Luke used to play the heavy in a lot of WW2 movies. Check out Ihnat in the Mission: Impossible episode "The Mind of Stefan Miklos" if you get a chance.
E-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 05:51 AM   #157
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Ihnat appears in a terrific Mission: Impossible episode as well, "The Mind of Stefan Miklos". I found a review from last year by a certain author who hangs around here.

http://christopherlbennett.wordpress...an-miklosthe-t[est-case-spoilers/

Old December 4 2012, 06:13 AM   #158
Melakon
Vice Admiral

E-DUB wrote: View Post
Loved Ihnat, loved Craig. Keye Luke used to play the heavy in a lot of WW2 movies. Check out Ihnat in the Mission: Impossible episode "The Mind of Stefan Miklos" if you get a chance.
Oh sorry, E-DUB. I spent 10-15 minutes researching my post and you got in ahead of me.
Old December 4 2012, 07:49 AM   #159
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

I'll leave this open, but next time start a new thread. Don't resurrect old ones please.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 04:17 PM   #160
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

scotpens wrote: View Post
It would have declined and fallen in its 3rd season regardless of who played Batgirl, or whether the show had introduced Batgirl at all.
We don't not know that--all we know is that Craig was the one cast as Batgirl, and her less-than-heroic performance, and not a shred of believability as one who could stand up to villains killed the series. Whatever was poor or retread coming out of season two was no longer a factor, as the dynamic of the series drastically changed with Craig's laughing, stubby joke of a superhero.

Come on, she was slowly delivering high kicks a guy using crutches could avoid, and without being rich (never implied on the show) exactly how did Barbara Gordon build all of her gadgets and that motorcycle, which was ouftitted with more than a few then-high tech devices?

At least with Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson, the argument could be made that with their millions, they could pay for the elements which made their car, computers, etc., but Barbara Gordon did not have that resource (she was a librarian).
Old December 5 2012, 02:45 AM   #161
E-DUB
Captain

Helps to be an old guy who just remembers this stuff.
E-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 02:59 AM   #162
scotpens
Vice Admiral

Whatever was poor or retread coming out of season two was no longer a factor, as the dynamic of the series drastically changed with Craig's laughing, stubby joke of a superhero.
No more of a joke than potbellied Adam West as a superhero. At least Yvonne was in great shape!
Old December 5 2012, 05:04 AM   #163
JimZipCode
Lieutenant Commander

Steve67 wrote: View Post
1) The late, great Steve Ihnat as Lord Garth - Over-the-top doesn't begin to describe his performance! Love the little changes in his voice, from high-pitched adolescent, to lo-voiced psycho. "Si-lience!"
Steven Of Nine wrote: View Post
Not only is Marta awfully nice to look at, but the great, great line in this one..
Lord Garth!!
That's the line I like. "I am LORD Garth!" I catch myself saying that, or thinking of saying that, all the time. In sort of a Michael York accent.
JimZipCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 06:00 AM   #164
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

No more of a joke than potbellied Adam West as a superhero.
He did not have a potbelly on the show. Now, if you were talking about his shape in that abysmal "superhero roast" from the late 70's, now that is another matter....

At least Yvonne was in great shape!
She had thighs like a rhino after one too many Big Macs.
Old December 5 2012, 03:53 PM   #165
BoredShipCapt'n
Commodore

No more of a joke than potbellied Adam West as a superhero.
He did not have a potbelly on the show. Now, if you were talking about his shape in that abysmal "superhero roast" from the late 70's, now that is another matter....
The Batmobile is totaled!
BoredShipCapt'n is offline   Reply With Quote