RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,163
Posts: 5,402,677
Members: 24,751
Currently online: 501
Newest member: kaklina

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time’s Orphan
By: Michelle on Aug 30

September-October Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Lee Passes
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 29 2012, 08:51 PM   #2821
Captain_Amasov
Captain
 
Captain_Amasov's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

intrinsical wrote: View Post
It's pretty clear that Cryptic really dropped the ball this time and delivered the rush job that is called Season 7. There are so many obvious bugs, a significant portion of them could have been caught if they've been put it up for testing on Tribble. The worst is the addition of the new personal reputation system and reward changes without careful thought on the impact to the playerbase, in-game economy, nor adequate data mining to when deciding project costs.

I know this is not how Cryptic view it, but from my perspective the end result is that the entire end-game is now segmented into 4 largely separate activity groups, forcing players to divide their time advancing 4 different aspects of their character.

STFs - For collecting Omega Marks and advancing Omega Force Reputation
Tau Dewa & S7 Fleet Actions - For collecting Romulan Marks and advancing New Romulus Reputation
S6 Fleet Actions - For Fleet Marks and advancing Fleet Starbase & Embassy
Old Fleet Actions, Dailies, Kerrat - For gathering sufficient dilithium and energy credits to fund Omega Force, New Romulus & Fleet Reputation Projects.
Incidentally you can obtain both Omega and Fleet marks at the same time by playing the Defera Borg Ground Invasion.
Captain_Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 11:51 PM   #2822
matthunter
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Great Britain
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Captain_Amasov wrote: View Post
intrinsical wrote: View Post
It's pretty clear that Cryptic really dropped the ball this time and delivered the rush job that is called Season 7. There are so many obvious bugs, a significant portion of them could have been caught if they've been put it up for testing on Tribble. The worst is the addition of the new personal reputation system and reward changes without careful thought on the impact to the playerbase, in-game economy, nor adequate data mining to when deciding project costs.

I know this is not how Cryptic view it, but from my perspective the end result is that the entire end-game is now segmented into 4 largely separate activity groups, forcing players to divide their time advancing 4 different aspects of their character.

STFs - For collecting Omega Marks and advancing Omega Force Reputation
Tau Dewa & S7 Fleet Actions - For collecting Romulan Marks and advancing New Romulus Reputation
S6 Fleet Actions - For Fleet Marks and advancing Fleet Starbase & Embassy
Old Fleet Actions, Dailies, Kerrat - For gathering sufficient dilithium and energy credits to fund Omega Force, New Romulus & Fleet Reputation Projects.
Incidentally you can obtain both Omega and Fleet marks at the same time by playing the Defera Borg Ground Invasion.
Unfortunately, the increased rewards from the Fleet Mark event seem to be bugged at present - I only got the standard rewards the other night. But Defera can indeed award about 30 Omega Marks and a small number of Fleet Marks for about an hour's play (solo). A small team would earn marks much faster.
__________________
If you're frustrated with a smug, arrogant right-wing nutjob poster who never backs up their arguments and twists out of answering straight questions, try the Ignore feature! Now with raspberry filling.
matthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1 2012, 01:07 AM   #2823
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Well with the new rewards for STFs and the unlocking of the marks to dilithium conversion for all tiers I think you can hit the refinement cap with about 2 STFs.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2012, 10:50 PM   #2824
Hitman
Vice Admiral
 
Hitman's Avatar
 
Location: Terra infernus
View Hitman's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Where is everyone getting their Romulan marks from? I got by until tier 3 with the daily patrol mission, and the occasional venture into New Romulus. But I'm struggling to get the 500 marks for the console. The Azure mission only gives out 18 or something, and the rest of the missions aren't different.
__________________
"Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Oscar Wilde
| Star Trek: Unnamed |
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2012, 11:15 PM   #2825
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

if you don't mind a bit of a grind, you can scan radiation samples on New Romulus... that should net you some fast.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2012, 11:59 PM   #2826
Aeolusdallas
Captain
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
if you don't mind a bit of a grind, you can scan radiation samples on New Romulus... that should net you some fast.
Yeah you can get a lot of marks fast that way.
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 01:35 AM   #2827
intrinsical
Fleet Captain
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Apparently, turning in evolved Eppohs can net you 400 rommie marks. However, it takes an average of a week to go from nothing to getting an evolved Eppoh. Good news is if you've got the eppoh tagging and research pipelines running at full steam, I think it may be possible to grow an evolved eppoh in as quick as 5 days.

You can also run the Mine Trap, I usually get around 24 rommie marks with a bad bunch of people and 50+ rommie marks with a good bunch.
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)

Last edited by intrinsical; December 4 2012 at 08:42 AM.
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 02:53 AM   #2828
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I just did some number crunching and if I hit the refining cap on both my Klingon and Federation characters I could get a pretty decent amount of zen racked up in a week with the current exchange prices.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 08:39 AM   #2829
intrinsical
Fleet Captain
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
I just did some number crunching and if I hit the refining cap on both my Klingon and Federation characters I could get a pretty decent amount of zen racked up in a week with the current exchange prices.
Not that I like being a soggy sock in the pantry, but your comment raises the question of how are you going to hit the refining cap on all your characters?. From my perspective, its only feasible if you already have heaploads of dil on every character, or are playing STFs non-stop for the entire day.
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 07:30 PM   #2830
Noname Given
Vice Admiral
 
Location: None Given
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
I just did some number crunching and if I hit the refining cap on both my Klingon and Federation characters I could get a pretty decent amount of zen racked up in a week with the current exchange prices.
Not that I like being a soggy sock in the pantry, but your comment raises the question of how are you going to hit the refining cap on all your characters?. From my perspective, its only feasible if you already have heaploads of dil on every character, or are playing STFs non-stop for the entire day.
Well, with the latest patch, STFs on average are now giving more Dilithium then they did before (if you convert the BNPs and Omega marks to Dil as well.)

Elite STF now gives:

960 Dilithium (base)

Between 1-11 BNPs per run (5 BNPs = 500 Dil with a 15 second Omega Upgrade Project)

60 Omega marks (75 if you get the optional - 50 OM = 500 Dil with a 15 second Omega Upgrade Project)

So, if you do the 4 available space STFs on Elite in an hour or so:

960 X 4 = 3840

75 X 4 = 300 and at 500 Dil per 50 = 3000

and lets say in those 4 runs you get 5 BNPs = 500

So right there on a good STF 'round robin that's : 7340

(on a really bad day where you miss the poptional on every un,you need to do one more STF for a total of 5 to get 300 Omega marks - so add another 960 to the above and say you still only got 1 BNP per run, that's: 8300 Dilithium.)
^^^
And that doesn't include Dilithium from the two remaining quick click 480 Dil dailies that remain (the SFA 1 click lore mission, and the 6 click "Rescure Deferi Captives from the Breen" space mission.) Or another quick 480 Dil from the SB24 Fleet Action.

Also the Reputation missions for gaining Rep also reward 340 Dil for the 2000 rep gain; and 140 Dil for the 800 Rep gain.

So, yeah, with the latest changes, it's not hard to hit the 8000 dil cap in an hour to 90 minutes per character, Not too different from the Pre-S7 days.
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 08:51 PM   #2831
T J
Commodore
 
T J's Avatar
 
Location: milky way... there abouts
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I need help, this is driving me crazy. I'm on new Romulus trying to find the recording at the mountain pass... I just can't find it. I found the mountain pass where the blue triangle is then I hit the edge of the map. I go looking around and get killed by bad guys... where is this bloody recording?!?!
__________________
One of the great revelations of space exploration is
the image of the earth, finite and lonely bearing the entire human species through the oceans of space and time. ~ Carl Sagan (1934-1996)
T J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 09:02 PM   #2832
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

You need to talk to the NPC at the mountain pass to pick up a mission, that will open a mission instance, the shuttle recording is inside that instance.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 09:58 PM   #2833
T J
Commodore
 
T J's Avatar
 
Location: milky way... there abouts
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Ok, thanks that got me there. So I played the whole map subdue and disrupt bad guys would not complete and I searched the whole map... Finally gave up, wasn't fun.

Right now I so disgusted with this new season and New Romulus I could spit.
__________________
One of the great revelations of space exploration is
the image of the earth, finite and lonely bearing the entire human species through the oceans of space and time. ~ Carl Sagan (1934-1996)
T J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 10:22 PM   #2834
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Hm, yeah, known bug. has something to do with mission objectives not properly triggering I think.

The fix for this is on Tribble Server as far as I know. Shouldn't effect the cutscene, though.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 10:43 PM   #2835
Harvey
Admiral
 
Harvey's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I must be doing something wrong. Since I installed the latest patch, I can't seem to access my special abilities during space combat. Is there a new menu somewhere that I'm not seeing?
__________________
"This begs explanation." - de Forest Research on Star Trek

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mmorpg, onlne, star trek online, sto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.