IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old December 2 2012, 10:52 PM   #571
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Hold on to that feeling buddy, maybe it'll help you through those cold playoff nights.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Old December 2 2012, 10:55 PM   #572
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Hold on to that feeling buddy, maybe it'll help you through those cold playoff nights.
Fair enough.

I have so little, I have to enjoy what I've got.

Right now it feels pretty good.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old December 2 2012, 11:24 PM   #573
tighr
Commodore

McElroy time!

Who needs Tebow? Who needs Sanchez (actually a rhetorical question)? The J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets have Greg McElroy!
Old December 2 2012, 11:27 PM   #574
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Ar-Festivus wrote: View Post
It's like the defense forgot how to do everything when it mattered most, tackling, coverage, etc.

And regardless of how good some of the players are, I still say the Cover-2 sucks balls.
The problem isn't with the Cover 2, it's that Marinelli isn't putting any wrinkles into it. The Bears excel at man coverage, but they play zone almost exclusively.
Old December 2 2012, 11:35 PM   #575
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

tighr wrote: View Post
McElroy time!

Who needs Tebow? Who needs Sanchez (actually a rhetorical question)? The J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets have Greg McElroy!
Not the QB controversy we all saw coming before the season.

The Jets are an embarrassment of an organization. Tebow is a side show, Sanchez had his legs cut out from beneath him, give this McElroy kid a shot.

It's not like my team has a first round QB and they seem to do ok. Let's see what he's got.
Old December 3 2012, 12:04 AM   #576
tighr
Commodore

Last time McElroy played against Tim Tebow, he won the SEC Championship game. Tebow cried. I rest my case.

Old December 3 2012, 01:55 AM   #577
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

The first touchdown in the Broncos/Bucs game was a Manning pass to a defensive nosetackle.

I think that just about says it all for that game.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old December 3 2012, 02:21 AM   #578
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Last time McElroy played against Tim Tebow, he won the SEC Championship game. Tebow cried. I rest my case.

I was watching that game with all my friends at college and we fucking went nuts when that happened. Best moment of the season for us.
Old December 3 2012, 03:15 AM   #579
chrisspringob
Commodore

So wait, I haven't actually been following this, but is Tebow's injury such that he might be back next week? Or is that uncertain?

And does anyone want to predict who Ryan will start at QB next week?
Old December 3 2012, 03:39 AM   #580
Aragorn
Admiral

chrisspringob wrote: View Post
And does anyone want to predict who Ryan will start at QB next week?
Vinny Testaverde?
Old December 3 2012, 01:37 PM   #581
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

They didn't do Sanchez any favors by bringing in a major distraction as a backup and not putting any top flight receivers around him.

It's clear they want nothing to do with Tebow. Start McElroy and see what he's got. It's basically a lost year at this point.
Old December 3 2012, 05:44 PM   #582
tighr
Commodore

SmoothieX wrote: View Post
It's clear they want nothing to do with Tebow.
Unfortunately, it's not really "clear". The last few times they could possibly have pulled Sanchez, Tebow was injured with cracked ribs. He wasn't even on the active roster this past Saturday. The only reason Sanchez wasn't pulled on Thanksgiving was that the Jets (stupidly) didn't even have McElroy active when they knew Tebow was injured.

About the only thing that is clear is that the Jets are incompetent. I predicted at the beginning of the season that Tebow would be starting by week 6, at the latest after their bye. Well, that didn't happen (they were 3-3 at the time) and the Jets went on to lose all of those games.
Old December 3 2012, 06:27 PM   #583
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Can Jim Harbaugh/Greg Roman please take the cuffs off the offense and let them free? This is kind of the same question I asked last year with Alex Smith. Let him actually use the weapons he has. I'm watching that game yesterday and wonder why wasn't Davis or Walker (Who has been really reliable for Kaepernick) or even Moss getting the ball more. Why are they going for stupid trick plays 15 yards from their own goal line? For the first time since he got here, I'm questioning Harbaugh's decision making (or Roman's, but let's go both). He decided to start this guy because of his speed and arm, and he's throwing back passes to someone who is unreliable catching balls, at least when he's returning punts.

I don't blame Kaepernick for this game, but man the Bay Area is once again going to go Apeshit asking the question on who should start. I actually think this whole thing is becoming too big of a distraction and will affect the 49ers going forward and that sucks. This game was a clusterfuck on all levels, and I for one am glad they don't play the Rams again. Of course that begs the question. They beat the Bears and Saints quite handedly (Even though a lot on the Saints win was because of the defense), why the hell did they tie and lose to the freaking Rams. Stupid team trying to play down to the level of their opponent.

I hope this team does make it to the Super Bowl, but right now, they are only a Divisional playoff team. You need at least 3 wins in the playoffs and I don't see the 49ers doing that at this point.
Old December 3 2012, 08:40 PM   #584
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Greatest moment in college football history.
Old December 4 2012, 04:24 AM   #585
tighr
Commodore

I just realized that with the Broncos winning the AFC West, Peyton Manning has now been a division champion 9 times in his 14 (playing) seasons, and been to the postseason 12 times. The only years he didn't go to the postseason were 1998, 2001, and 2011.