Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 30 2012, 07:50 AM   #436
sojourner
Admiral

Re: The Revolution pilot is online now...

st.barthgirl wrote: View Post
Would anyone here know if there is a discussion of the Pendants/electric field blocking thingy in this thread, before i sift through? Thanks ...
General consensus in this thread: pure magic.
Old November 30 2012, 09:00 AM   #437
st.barthgirl
Lieutenant

thanks.... i sort of thought as much, which is disappointing...

However, i did happen upon a DOOZY when i was searching online to try and find out if i could make sense of it. The following, Sadly & Hilariously, is NOT meant to be a Joke. Really. The Inventor is serious, and Peddling these things in the Real World. Crikey!

Want a good laugh? then read on:

What are the Quantum Vortex Energy Power Pendants?

The Quantum Vortex Energy Power Pendants contain a revolutionary new technology that has a direct effect on the physiological, emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects of a human being. All of the pendants provide measurable protection for harmful cell phone, television, wireless, microwave, radio , scalar, electrical and computer EMF’s, which threaten to disrupt our bodies natural biological processes and impact our very own well being. In addition each pendant has its very own special unique energies, functions and properties that no other pendant has. We urge you to take a look at all of the pendants! The Pendants are 100% water proof! 100% damage proof from dropping on any hard surface!
How do the Quantum Vortex Power Pendants Work?

The Pendants are made from a special Holographic Polymer. The Pendants establish a direct inter-dimensional link or gateway to the 8th dimension, this energy that comes through, completely envelopes your aura and immediately modifies the flow, intensity and quality of the universal life force that nourishes your entire being. The pendants do not contain any magnets, microchips or miniature batteries. The Pendants are powered by our exclusive “Quantum Nano Vortex Technology”. When wearing any of the pendants, the flow of atoms in your body will immediately be re-arranged to resonate or vibrate at a particular energetic field, level of consciousness or dimension from which the particular pendant you are wearing is resonating at via a “Holographic Quantum Vortex”. This will have immediate effects on many subtle energetic levels within your whole being, as well as expanding the amount and quality of pure positive life force that moves through you and becomes a part of your entire reality.
What is a Quantum Vortex?

A Worm Hole is a link or gateway between two different points within the same dimension. A Quantum Vortex is a link or gateway between two different dimensions. Is it safe to wear more than one pendant at the same time? Yes wearing more than one pendant may give you added benefits!

OR, if that doesn't getcha, try the Advanced Quantum Matrix Manipulation Plate!

This is a device, that through advanced mathematical quantum algorythms and Quantum Nano Vortex Technology, literally becomes an interface for ones thoughts / imagination and desires to be instantly entered into the true zero point field of ether / imagination that brings forth this time space continuum reality grid matrix....

Last edited by st.barthgirl; November 30 2012 at 09:24 AM.
st.barthgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2012, 03:12 PM   #438
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Meh, You're hard on the show when it comes to this kind of stuff. Me not so much.

In Trek when Data or Belana Torres would sound off techno babble like:

It's some sort of chromodynamic module powered by a tri-polymer plasma." "Prototype"
Did you think 'magic,' as well?
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2012, 03:36 PM   #439
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

The producers themselves said it's completely plausible, and that they allegedly have "scientists" verifying that claim.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2012, 04:01 PM   #440
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
The producers themselves said it's completely plausible, and that they allegedly have "scientists" verifying that claim.
Well they are morons just like the idiots on this website who think they may be one day using "warp" technology in their star ship to travel FTL.
Old November 30 2012, 04:14 PM   #441
st.barthgirl
Lieutenant

Ouch. That Smarts. going to get an icepack, now...
Old November 30 2012, 05:13 PM   #442
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Well they are morons just like the idiots on this website who think they may be one day using "warp" technology in their star ship to travel FTL.
http://gizmodo.com/5942634/nasa-star...rek-warp-drive
Old November 30 2012, 05:32 PM   #443
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Ouch. That Smarts. going to get an icepack, now...
I'm trying to be king of tongue and cheek sarcastic about Trek v. Revolution. I guess my more serious point is that a lot of fans of ST claim that many of the concepts in Trek are loosely or even directly are based on science but yet criticize other TV shows that attempt to do the same but fail as miserably often as Trek did when it comes to real science.

I can just as easily suspend my disbelief with the magical pendants that block electrical power as I can with the magical crystals known as dilithium that make stars ships go FTL.
Old November 30 2012, 05:33 PM   #444
st.barthgirl
Lieutenant

Thank you for the link, , Fandango. The author opines, "I don't know about you, but I'm more excited than when Captain Kirk got his first unobtonanium underpants."

Does anyone have a Photo of that? Nom.
Old November 30 2012, 05:36 PM   #445
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

I'm not an engineer by hypothetically a continuous emp pulse could disable our electrical grid?

EMP
Old November 30 2012, 05:47 PM   #446
st.barthgirl
Lieutenant

"I'm not an engineer by hypothetically a continuous emp pulse could disable our electrical grid?"

And the ceylons, too?

Darth, i hope you know i'm just pulling your leg. My humor can be a bit pithy. i don't come out from under my rock much, anymore...
Old November 30 2012, 05:49 PM   #447
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

"I'm not an engineer by hypothetically a continuous emp pulse could disable our electrical grid?"

And the ceylons, too?

Darth, i hope you know i'm just pulling your leg. My humor can be a bit pithy. i don't come out from under my rock much, anymore...

I gottcha. And you're right. Commander Adama was an idiot. A simple EMP pulse would have ended that problem.
Old November 30 2012, 06:14 PM   #448
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

I'm not an engineer by hypothetically a continuous emp pulse could disable our electrical grid?

EMP
I didn't know EMPs could restart 15 year old gas-powered generators that haven't been touched in over a decade. Or, amazingly, allow an iPod to hold its charge for 15 years and work flawlessly -- including perfect data retention -- after all that time. Or any of the other magical effects these kung fu pendants of awesome have done. (Including, incidentally, being nigh indestructable even when someone is actively trying to destroy it.)

But yeah, if EMPs (or the lack thereof) can do that even in theory, you totally nailed it.

(Incidentally, it's fairly easy to shield electronics against EMPs.)

Last edited by Mister Fandango; December 1 2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old November 30 2012, 06:21 PM   #449
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Mock the power of magic at your own peril
Old November 30 2012, 06:36 PM   #450
sojourner
Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Meh, You're hard on the show when it comes to this kind of stuff. Me not so much.
Actually, I am quite enjoying the show, but when claims are made by the producers that the technology is "totally plausible" combine with what we've been shown on screen, I have to call bullshit.

In Trek when Data or Belana Torres would sound off techno babble like:

It's some sort of chromodynamic module powered by a tri-polymer plasma." "Prototype"
Did you think 'magic,' as well?
Yes. See, you're not the first or only person to realize that "technobabble" = pure bullshit.

And there's a key difference here. In Trek, phasers, warp drive, transporters, and replicators are part of the setting. In Revolution, the magic pendants and the "event" are part of the plot. Plot devices require much more internal consistency than set dressing.