New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old November 27 2012, 06:21 AM   #871
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: How is Janeway sexy? (Part II)

No, that was a genuine comment. It's very nice to have males come in here and say nice things about Janeway, plenty of them don't.

(We do have our regulars though!)

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2012, 06:22 AM   #872
teacake
Admiral

Also, this is the VOY forum. There has never been such a thing as too much information.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 27 2012, 06:27 AM   #873
Melakon
Vice Admiral

The Evil Janeway in the "Living Witness" historical revision must have been a lot of fun to do. For all of them, for that matter.
Melakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2012, 06:35 AM   #874
teacake
Admiral

Indeed..

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 28 2012, 02:08 AM   #875
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Speaking of the very sexy Janeway/Mulgrew...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbfpr...ailpage#t=274s

I HOWLED at Mulgrew's face with this question (274 seconds) After telling Mulgrew she was this girl's hero, Mulgrew wilteded then avoided the question about Janeway & Seven and focused only on Seven.

(This was made even funnier, when later in this same segment, Mulgrew insists the next glass ceiling for Star Trek to break is the gay character barrier.)

Old November 28 2012, 11:53 AM   #876
lurok
Commodore

Priceless
Old November 28 2012, 11:59 AM   #877
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

lurok wrote: View Post

Priceless
cool

We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 12:05 PM   #878
teacake
Admiral

The Borg pegging attachment had some very special effects.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 29 2012, 02:03 AM   #879
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

^^ Teacake... you are so naughty!

I loved this segment of the above con, when Someone PINS Mulgrew down re: the J/7 lesbian relationship question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoEwQ...ailpage#t=237s

It's at 237 seconds...

I HOWLED when Mulgrew asks...

Mulgrew: "How the hell would I get her clothes off???"

and his response, "According to my lesbian friends THAT would NOT be a problem!"

Mulgew: (Laughs) "Oh I'm sure!"

Old November 29 2012, 02:23 AM   #880
teacake
Admiral

heh.. that was great. Though I'm wondering what planet that guy is on to ask if J/7 was "floated" as a story idea.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 29 2012, 06:52 PM   #881
lurok
Commodore

A planet where this is possible?

Old November 29 2012, 10:02 PM   #882
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

I cam across a story long ago called 'Siege Engine' which had Seven and Xena running into each other. It was an entertaining, though angst filled, story.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old November 30 2012, 01:38 AM   #883
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
I cam across a story long ago called 'Siege Engine' which had Seven and Xena running into each other. It was an entertaining, though angst filled, story.

I ran across a time warp one where Janeway teamed with Gabrielle and Seven with Xena (or vice a versa). The gist was Seven and Janeway caught a clue about their relationship from the way Xena & Gabrielle interacted.

After watching 6 seasons of Xena, I still say X/G is the real thing, and J/7 is maternal through and through.

I did HOWL when Mulgrew complained "See! It's sex, sex, sex, sex... you'll take it anyway you can get it!"

At least Mulgrew is being consistent. Just like Janeway has no time for a "personal" relationship with Chakotay, she doesn't have time for such a relationship with Seven.

I like this part later in the same segment, showing the lonilness of command and how the legacy of Janeway was deep humanity.

In the next segment, they ask her about doing Flementh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...YQZB17c#t=362s

Old November 30 2012, 09:59 AM   #884
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
Gov Kodos wrote: View Post

I ran across a time warp one where Janeway teamed with Gabrielle and Seven with Xena (or vice a versa). The gist was Seven and Janeway caught a clue about their relationship from the way Xena & Gabrielle interacted.

After watching 6 seasons of Xena, I still say X/G is the real thing, and J/7 is maternal through and through.

I did HOWL when Mulgrew complained "See! It's sex, sex, sex, sex... you'll take it anyway you can get it!"

At least Mulgrew is being consistent. Just like Janeway has no time for a "personal" relationship with Chakotay, she doesn't have time for such a relationship with Seven.

I like this part later in the same segment, showing the lonilness of command and how the legacy of Janeway was deep humanity.

In the next segment, they ask her about doing Flementh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...YQZB17c#t=362s
At this point I can imagine Kate would be happy to just walk away from the mike and go to the bar for a gin ricky than ever answer another 'first time question on Janeway's position on sex' and J7 shipper that I am, it has never seemed an idea that she ever cottoned to. I think she never saw the relationship as anything other than maternal or big sisterly toward Seven. I do think the chemistry toward Ryan in their acting (whether solely from their skills or contributed to from real life feelings) makes it easy to see more than the scripts themselves make visible. Both actresses played off each other far more powerfully than Lawless and O'Conner did in my estimation, though it would be fair to say that I never warmed to the character of Gabrielle who never rose above annoying girl to me. One of my favorite Xena/Voyager crossovers was Eternal Suffering. It is a wonderful look at X/G and J/C ships. http://members.tripod.com/~Katelin_B/eternal.html
Old November 30 2012, 08:54 PM   #885
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

re: gin rickey

re: position

Gov Kodos;7325200
At this point I can imagine Kate would be happy to just walk away from the mike and go to the bar for a gin ricky than ever answer another 'first time question on Janeway's position on sex' and J7 shipper that I am, it has never seemed an idea that she ever cottoned to.

I think she never saw the relationship as anything other than maternal or big sisterly toward Seven. I do think the chemistry toward Ryan in their acting (whether solely from their skills or contributed to from real life feelings) makes it easy to see more than the scripts themselves make visible.

Both actresses played off each other far more powerfully than Lawless and O'Conner did in my estimation, though it would be fair to say that I never warmed to the character of Gabrielle who never rose above annoying girl to me.

One of my favorite Xena/Voyager crossovers was Eternal Suffering. It is a wonderful look at X/G and J/C ships. [URL wrote:

http://members.tripod.com/~Katelin_B/eternal.html[/URL]
Oh be still my Gabrielle loving heart!

She stopped being annoying (to me) half way through season 1, although she had a few set backs (mostly due to Xena lite eps like Married with Fishsticks and The Play's the Thing)

I really like the maternal relationship between J/7, and I think that was what the writers/actors were going for in the series, unlike what the writers/actors may or may not have been going for in X:WP... depending on the phase of the moon and the side of the bed some one rose from that day.

As for differences between my two fav shows... I have to admit that X:WP did a better job at allowing the characters to grow over the seasons, and I specifically mean the 2 subordinate characters. The XWP producers have discussed how Xena (read Janeway) was not allowed to change much, but that Gabrielle was more fluid. One can see that from season 1 to 6 in the clothing alone, much less the confidence, ability to protect herself/fight and even the carriage the actor showed. Our poor Seven was still strapped literally and figuratively into that corset in more ways than one. So much so that many of us could not accept the suddenly appearance of Chakotay into her romantic life.

One of the reasons I liked Janeway over Picard is that there seemed to be a real change (in Janeway) over the years, although this change was not as great as seen in the Gabrielle character... one would not necessarily expect one.

Gabrielle, like Seven, was a blank slate for the other main character to play off, to mold, to develop. Xena at 27, after 10 years a warlord, and Janeway at 39, after 20 years a star fleet officer, were much more mature, more stable.

Still both women changed because of their subordinates...

SEVEN: Captain.
JANEWAY: I'm having trouble with the nature of individuality.
SEVEN: You require a philosophical discussion.
JANEWAY: There's a time and a place for it. This is one of them. After I freed you from the Collective, you were transformed. It's been a difficult process. Was it worth it?
SEVEN: I had no choice.
JANEWAY: That's not what I asked you.
SEVEN: If I could change what happened, erase what you did to me, would I? No.