Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 28 2012, 04:18 AM   #421
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: The Revolution pilot is online now...

Last week I said that Revolution needed a big episode for me to continue watching next March, and I think it succeeded. For one, the stuff between Miles and Monroe was excellent, some of the best acting of the season, and we got a whole chunk load of backstory between the two of them. It's also great we got this backstory because now it makes the fight between them all the more meaningful. That entire scene, from the staredown to the sword fight might have been the best scene of the show thus far.

Really wish the show was coming back earlier than March, but I think I will be back. Yeah they ended it on a bit of a cliffhanger, but I saw it more of wrapping up one story and moving on to the next chapter. That's really what I wish more arc shows would do. Either have great character work, or don't drag things out for such a long time where the show is cancelled before the mystery is solved, a la, Alcatraz last year.
Old November 28 2012, 07:53 AM   #422
Borgminister

OMG!! HELICOPTERS??!!

Pass.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 02:41 PM   #423
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Helicopters with Gatling guns...

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 04:18 PM   #424
Tom
Rear Admiral

Mutenroshi wrote: View Post
Helicopters that work! and gas that is not stale after 15 years! lol

In the preview for the second half of the season they show someone with a rocket launcher. So all they need to do is take down the Helicopter then the amplifier at least will be destroyed and Monroe is back to square one. Even if he has the pendant he will need another amplifier built. If he could copy that Amp there is only one pendant anyways so he can't have more than one running.

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 06:21 PM   #425
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Tom wrote: View Post

In the preview for the second half of the season they show someone with a rocket launcher. So all they need to do is take down the Helicopter then the amplifier at least will be destroyed and Monroe is back to square one. Even if he has the pendant he will need another amplifier built. If he could copy that Amp there is only one pendant anyways so he can't have more than one running.
Vietnam era Huey with a gunship modification kit. Long before Blackhawk Down the Viet Cong knocked down thousands of Hueys.
Old November 28 2012, 06:52 PM   #426
propita
Rear Admiral

Borgminister wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Hopefully next week is a real big fall finale, but I'm leaning towards not coming back in March, considering by then I will have forgotten everything that's happened so far.
My sentiments as well. I'm actually surprised at myself for sticking with the show this far, but the eye-rolling moments have gotten a bit more frequent of late, hitting a peak in this installment.
I gave up on it. Mostly the scripts and dragging things out, but also because I'm not fond of Charlie. Not sure if I don't like the actress or how she's written/directed. So I guess I'm happy I bailed early, despite reading that the show's a "hit."
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 10:06 PM   #427
Morpheus 02
Commodore

propita wrote: View Post
Borgminister wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Hopefully next week is a real big fall finale, but I'm leaning towards not coming back in March, considering by then I will have forgotten everything that's happened so far.
My sentiments as well. I'm actually surprised at myself for sticking with the show this far, but the eye-rolling moments have gotten a bit more frequent of late, hitting a peak in this installment.
I gave up on it. Mostly the scripts and dragging things out, but also because I'm not fond of Charlie. Not sure if I don't like the actress or how she's written/directed. So I guess I'm happy I bailed early, despite reading that the show's a "hit."
Maybe a bit of both

i am thinking that her screen test/audition went really well...her crying, if just taken in a screen test, would have been impressive. But when she does that kind of stuff EVERY week, it feels old and whiny.

To me, it's like Wesley Crusher/Wil Wheaton. When they saw him in Stand By Me, at that juncture, he seemed like a perfect Wesley Crusher. But by the time they aired the show, he was a teenager. And stories/situations meant for a 12 year old would seem ridiculous for a full blown teenager. (i..e the episode Justice....yeah, most 15 year old boys would only be interested in playing soccer on a planet of nympho-blondes. Right....)
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 10:14 PM   #428
Lyon_Wonder
Commander

Star Wolf wrote: View Post

Vietnam era Huey with a gunship modification kit. Long before Blackhawk Down the Viet Cong knocked down thousands of Hueys.
All the Black Hawks must be interned in the Georgia Federation and other breakaway republics and Monroe had to settle for Hueys.

Though seriously, UH-1s are easier to come by for Hollywood since ex-military Hueys can be found surplus. And I guess the Army wouldn’t let the “Revolution” production team borrow an UH-60 for filming since most Black Hawks are still in active service.
Lyon_Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 10:25 PM   #429
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Lyon_Wonder wrote: View Post
Star Wolf wrote: View Post

All the Black Hawks must be interned in the Georgia Federation and other breakaway republics and Monroe had to settle for Hueys.

Though seriously, UH-1s are easier to come by for Hollywood since ex-military Hueys can be found surplus. And I guess the Army wouldn’t let the “Revolution” production team borrow an UH-60 for filming since most Black Hawks are still in active service.
NCIS just had an episode where the plot was that the Sea Hawk was now so old technology wise that the crew felt justified for mutinying and selling the hijacked helicopter. I don't know if it is scary or that it makes me feel young that Black Hawk battalions where just reaching the Army when I joined.
Old November 29 2012, 08:57 PM   #430
EmoBorg
Fleet Captain

I strongly suspect in the second half of season 1 or in season 2, if there is one, Maggie Foster's children might make an appearance. There might a sailing ship from England and her children could arrive on it looking for her. The children would be around Charlie and Danny age by then.

Maggie Foster assumed that her children were dead. That may not be the case.
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 09:08 PM   #431
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

You forgot to add they are royalty as a new monarchy has taken over in Europe. So we have a fascist Marine in Monrovia, Texas, Californian hedonist and the young princess coming to avenge mum.
Old November 29 2012, 11:48 PM   #432
Morpheus 02
Commodore

EmoBorg wrote: View Post
I strongly suspect in the second half of season 1 or in season 2, if there is one, Maggie Foster's children might make an appearance. There might a sailing ship from England and her children could arrive on it looking for her. The children would be around Charlie and Danny age by then.

Maggie Foster assumed that her children were dead. That may not be the case.
That would feinitely be a storyline to follow-up if they wish...i suspect that might be season 2.

I think they might instead show Aaron's wife...and a child he didn't know she had. So he's going to have to deal with being the dad of a teenager. (I'm also predicting that she does NOT hook up with the warrior guy they walked with -- though they will make it seem that way in the beginning).
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2012, 01:18 AM   #433
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Something about the way Miles and Rachel looked at each other makes me think that at one time they were romantically involved. I wouldn't be surprised if charlie is really Miles' daughter.
Old November 30 2012, 06:14 AM   #434
st.barthgirl
Lieutenant

i'm Half watching this show... i want to like it, but giancarlo esposito is the only thing that really lights up the screen for me. {sort of Listening while i switch between tabs...}

Maybe if i understood the science...

Would anyone here know if there is a discussion of the Pendants/electric field blocking thingy in this thread, before i sift through? Thanks ...
st.barthgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2012, 06:35 AM   #435
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

st.barthgirl wrote: View Post
Maybe if i understood the science...
Now that is genuine humor right there.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote