RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,701
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 834
Newest member: MaileDetty

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old November 26 2012, 05:52 AM   #1
sportzkid
Rear Admiral

View sportzkid's Twitter Profile
Replacement Fantasy Football Owner needed

A group of us have had a keeper league for fantasy football and are looking a for a person to take over a dead team this year. You get to keep 5 players from your current roster for the next year. We are in our 6th season so far. Would be great for some one to take over for the owner who has abandoned their team.

Let me know if you want in.
sportzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Re: Replacement Fantasy Football Owner needed

And the team has potential: Matt Stafforrd, Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Wallace, to name a few. Keep those or dump 'em all and pick before everyone else! I'm thinking the team is gonna have the top draft pick too.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Scout101
Admiral

Pretty good chance, seeing as how they're 0-for the season so far.

So sure, you'd have to suffer through a couple more weeks, but it gives you a leg up on starting to set up your roster for next year, can play the Free Agent pool before the Keeper piccks have to be established.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Garak
Nothing's for freeeeeeeee

What website is it on? Yahoo? I'd consider giving it a shot.
Old November 27 2012, 02:35 AM   #5
Scout101
Admiral

ESPN
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old November 27 2012, 05:31 AM   #6
sportzkid
Rear Admiral

View sportzkid's Twitter Profile

Garak wrote: View Post
What website is it on? Yahoo? I'd consider giving it a shot.
PM me your email address so I can send you an invite
sportzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2012, 06:49 PM   #7
Garak

Wow, that's a pretty bad team! I'll make it work though, it's all about next year.

So just to be 100% clear, the other person has completely left the league and I can put my own stamp on this team? I've already got some moves in mind.

Also a couple of questions - I assume the trading deadline has passed, when does it open up again (I assume it does because I saw you can trade draft picks)?

When do we start identifying who we're going to keep?

Last edited by Garak; November 27 2012 at 11:01 PM.
Garak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 02:08 PM   #8
Scout101
Admiral

-They didn't make a move all year, they're out, you're in. Can go in whatever direction you like with the team.

-Trade deadline is passed, will open up again shortly after the season is over. And yes, can trade draft picks, or players for picks, in the offseason.

-Keeper picks can be made whenever. Can go in and put them in now, but don't become effective until right before the draft, so mid-August give or take. If you're smart, you'll at least put some tenative keeper picks in at the end of the season, so if you forget and miss the deadline, you still get the guys you want. Every year, someone forgets to set them, so set it at the end of the year, and then only have to remember to check/update them.

Welcome aboard, hope you suck as badly as you have in the TNZ league
Old November 28 2012, 02:13 PM   #9
Skywalker
Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Too lazy to dig up the actual thread for that league, but I can't believe I'm in first place in that.

I considered offering to take over the team, but I'm not a big fan of keeper leagues. I think Garak will do much better than I would have anyway.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 09:43 PM   #10
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Glad to see we have a new owner. Surprisingly, the team actually won its last matchup. Guess the players wanted to make a good first impression.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 10:27 PM   #11
Garak

Scout101 wrote: View Post
-They didn't make a move all year, they're out, you're in. Can go in whatever direction you like with the team.

-Trade deadline is passed, will open up again shortly after the season is over. And yes, can trade draft picks, or players for picks, in the offseason.

-Keeper picks can be made whenever. Can go in and put them in now, but don't become effective until right before the draft, so mid-August give or take. If you're smart, you'll at least put some tenative keeper picks in at the end of the season, so if you forget and miss the deadline, you still get the guys you want. Every year, someone forgets to set them, so set it at the end of the year, and then only have to remember to check/update them.
Cool, thanks. I've actually always wanted to do a keeper league so I'm pretty stoked about this.

I won it last year! But yeah, this year has shat all over my face.
Old December 9 2012, 02:44 PM   #12
mimic
Rear Admiral

What happened was I missed the keeper deadline and was busy the day of the draft, and when I checked on what the autodraft had done I discovered it had picked a ton of injured people, and so I decided to not care. Still, a PM or email asking permission to regift my team would have been appreciated. I'd have said go ahead, but come on, I participated for 5 years and won last year - the courtesy would have been nice. It's not like there's no way to contact me.

"And since I do not go into nuclear reactor cores I am free to trouble my brain over artificial sweeteners." - Goji
mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 05:10 AM   #13
Scout101
Admiral

Sportzkid said he tried to contact you a few times, I thought?

Kinda looked like you had quit, though. Didn't select keepers, didn't show up for draft, didn't make a single move for 13 weeks in a row. Made a thread here, no response...

From a courtesy standpoint, not just abandoning a team in a keeper league would have been good, too. You can't really make a case that quitting on the league before the season even started (really, NO chance of salvaging things before the season started?) meant you deserved more consideration than that. If you want to quit, at least mention it so someone else can participate. Go back and look at the schedule, it screws up the whole league when a team doesn't bother to field a roster...