Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science and Technology

Science and Technology "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan.

Old November 26 2012, 11:42 PM   #16
publiusr
Commodore

Re: New Senate Bill gives warrantless e-mail searches to 22 agencies

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post

The Bengazi business shows how far they've come by having an Illumnatus stooge in the White House.
So Reagan should have been impeached over the far worse Beirut barracks bombing, right?

The point is that we don't live in the days of parchment, powdered wigs, and pantaloons anymore. We have 21st century problems. The warrant was a product when lynchings were common. The internet is the street, and plain-clothes cops have always been on streets.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 11:48 PM   #17
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

publiusr wrote: View Post

The Bengazi business shows how far they've come by having an Illumnatus stooge in the White House.
So Reagan should have been impeached over the far worse Beirut barracks bombing, right?

The point is that we don't live in the days of parchment, powdered wigs, and pantaloons anymore. We have 21st century problems. The warrant was a product when lynchings were common. The internet is the street, and plain-clothes cops have always been on streets.
Email is more like a letter sent through the postal service than a bulletin posted in a public square. You might have a point if you were talking about, say, a public website, Tweet, or Facebook profile.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2012, 12:12 AM   #18
publiusr
Commodore

I don't like th e-mail going outside law-enforcement to a lot of agencies...still, a terror tactic is to not send e-mail at all, just all use the same account.

The Israeli model needs to be adopted:
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/11/21/...fense-pay-off/
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 10:27 AM   #19
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post

Email is more like a letter sent through the postal service than a bulletin posted in a public square. You might have a point if you were talking about, say, a public website, Tweet, or Facebook profile.
Let's bring back Letters of Marque, that will up the ante on those terrorist supporting states.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 03:03 PM   #20
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Let's bring back Letters of Marque, that will up the ante on those terrorist supporting states.
Pssh, you just want to be a privateer, admit it.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 09:55 PM   #21
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

Pssh, you just want to be a privateer, admit it.
When I was just a lad looking for my true vocation My father said "Now son, this choice deserves deliberation Though you could be a doctor or perhaps a financier My boy why not consider a more challenging career"
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old November 28 2012, 11:52 PM   #22
gturner
Admiral

Pirate hunting cruises from Dubai tour company

excerpt:

Like any proper cruise, you can choose a type of stateroom with offers ranging from the humble sounding "standard inside" to the opulent "Hemingway suite." The similarities to any other cruise end abruptly when you begin assembling your personal armory. With offerings such as the predictably yielding "bazooka package" and a "mercenary madness" kit, you can personalize your weapons cache almost endlessly. The "mercenary madness" package includes rental of a M107 .50 caliber sniper rifle, an AR 15 assault rifle, and an 18kt gold plated Desert Eagle pistol. Bow and arrows are also available for purists. Flamethrowers can be rented as well, though require a 3 day licensing course prior to departure.

Last edited by gturner; November 29 2012 at 12:07 AM.
gturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 12:02 AM   #23
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

gturner wrote: View Post
Pirate hunting cruises from Dubai tour company

excerpt:

Like any proper cruise, you can choose a type of stateroom with offers ranging from the humble sounding "standard inside" to the opulent "Hemingway suite." The similarities to any other cruise end abruptly when you begin assembling your personal armory. With offerings such as the predictably yielding "bazooka package" and a "mercenary madness" kit, you can personalize your weapons cache almost endlessly. The "mercenary madness" package includes rental of a M107 .50 caliber sniper rifle, an AR 15 assault rifle, and an 18kt gold plated Desert Eagle pistol. Bow and arrows are also available for purists. Flamethrowers can be rented as well, though require a 3 day licensing course prior to departure.
Day 4 - Mogadishu tank tour Cool idea, but that really was the shark jumping part.
Old November 29 2012, 03:09 PM   #24
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Well, it's always good for sociopaths and serial killers to spend their energy on someone outside of the United States, I suppose. Although it arguably could violate the Neutrality Act if an American participated.
Old November 30 2012, 09:28 AM   #25
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

The date of the article is April 1... which isn't to say I don't love the idea.
Old November 30 2012, 06:12 PM   #26
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

When I was just a lad looking for my true vocation My father said "Now son, this choice deserves deliberation Though you could be a doctor or perhaps a financier My boy why not consider a more challenging career"
Smart as paint, you are lad! Smart as paint!