Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 26 2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral

Let's say Marvel and DC were to merge universes.

Don't worry, they're not.

But just for the sake of conversation, let's say they were. Marvel 616 and the main DC Earth are merging, for good this time, rather than just a brief crossover. What would you like to see? Would you place certain characters on the other company's teams? War Machine on the Justice League? Harley Quinn on the Thunderbolts? And just how would we deal with Arthur and Namor?
Old November 26 2012, 02:52 PM   #2
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Let's say Marvel and DC were to merge universes.

I'd want a Captain Marvel/Captain Marvel (none of this "Shazam" nonsense) crossover, especially with Captain Marvel, Jr. Of course, it would have to be written by Peter David.

I'd also want a Captain Marvel (Marvel version)/Firestorm team-up. Captain Marvel would be from the time when he shared the Nega-bands with Rick Jones and could talk with him, but no one else could hear. Likewise, Firestorm should be from the Ronnie/Professor Stein time when Ronnie could talk to the Professor without anyone hearing. You'd have two heroes who could consult with others, but no one else could hear them. The two heroes could swap notes.

They'd also have to reconcile there being a Green Lantern Corps and a Nova Corps.

As for Arthur and Namor, Fantastic Four introduced another Atlantean city that stayed hidden for centuries. They'd have to do something similar, with both Arthur and Namor coming from different cities that comprised Atlantis and stayed separate through the years. Perhaps the cities were at war at the time they drowned.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Christopher
Writer

I'd be curious to see how J. Jonah Jameson and Perry White would run each other's newspapers.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 03:10 PM   #4
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

shivkala wrote: View Post
They'd also have to reconcile there being a Green Lantern Corps and a Nova Corps.
I'd point out that the Nova Corps spends most of its time being destroyed or being in some stage of reconstruction, but the same is almost as true with the Green Lantern Corps.

So, maybe they'd have to reconcile that there is neither a Nova or a Green Lantern Corps.
Old November 26 2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Or they can have the Nova Corps co-existing much like the GLC coexisting briefly with the Darkstars and LEGION before Emerald Twilight.

As for Arthur and Namor, Fantastic Four introduced another Atlantean city that stayed hidden for centuries. They'd have to do something similar, with both Arthur and Namor coming from different cities that comprised Atlantis and stayed separate through the years. Perhaps the cities were at war at the time they drowned.
Yes I think it was Peter David's Aquaman that said there were multiple Atlantean cities with Aquaman's Atlantis just being one of the most powerful states.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 03:46 PM   #6
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
I'd be curious to see how J. Jonah Jameson and Perry White would run each other's newspapers.
I think it would go something like this.....

Clark Kent: Oh, goddamn it!, now whats Jameson accusing me of

whereas

Peter Parker: Yay! good press.

Basically

Satyrquaze wrote: View Post
shivkala wrote: View Post
I'd point out that the Nova Corps spends most of its time being destroyed or being in some stage of reconstruction, but the same is almost as true with the Green Lantern Corps.

So, maybe they'd have to reconcile that there is neither a Nova or a Green Lantern Corps.
Didn't the Green Lantern Corps only get wiped out that one time Hal Jordan went nuts.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 03:48 PM   #7
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

SUPERMAN: HERO OR MENACE?
Old November 26 2012, 05:42 PM   #8
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Jameson would get a very large check from Lex Luthor if he printed that.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 05:49 PM   #9
Christopher
Writer

Oh, I think Jameson would tell Luthor where he could stick his check in no uncertain terms. Aside from his hostility toward Spider-Man, JJJ is quite the crusader against corruption and injustice. He might get along just fine with Superman, since Superman doesn't hide his face and didn't begin his career going on TV to make a buck by showing off his powers. (He might have some choice observations about that bat-suited lunatic in Gotham, though.)

Old November 26 2012, 05:50 PM   #10
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Jameson might cut Superman some slack because he doesn't wear a mask.

Spider-Man crossing paths with Batman could be fun.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 06:21 PM   #11
Christopher
Writer

I was thinking a Spidey-Batgirl teamup might be cool. Or do you suppose he'd have a rivalry with Robin like he does with the Human Torch?

And do you think Tony Stark would try to buy out Wayne Enterprises?

Old November 26 2012, 06:35 PM   #12
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
And do you think Tony Stark would try to buy out Wayne Enterprises?
There's a good chance that could backfire big time, I mean its not like Bruce Wayne is a slouch when it comes to hostile takeovers just look at Grant Morison's JLA run form the 90s.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 06:45 PM   #13
marksound
Fleet Captain

Those guys don't play well together.

http://youtu.be/4-Mw8PSw2cE
marksound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 07:15 PM   #14
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Didn't the Green Lantern Corps only get wiped out that one time Hal Jordan went nuts.
I believe in the current storyline the Lanterns are basically no more at the moment (again).
Old November 26 2012, 07:34 PM   #15
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

-I want Ego the Living Planet and The Green Lantern Mogo to throw down.

-Let's settle this Avengers vs JLA shit once and for all. No team ups against Kronos, no misunderstandings, just one team or the other's gotta go.

-An all-girl hero team starring Ms. Marvel (not the new Capt. marvel), Wonder Woman, She Hulk and Power Girl. Who's the villain? Who friggin cares??

-Let's see how powerful the Guardians really are when they go up against THE CELESTIALS.

Just a part of my wish list...

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote