Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old November 26 2012, 02:56 PM   #436
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

teacake wrote: View Post
EDIT: Okay it's done. So everyone knows about the stargate now,
Not really. Only the governments represented at that meeting are aware of the Stargate, and it's still a secret from the general public.

Forsaken: I've noticed this before.. anyone know what this bead bracelet O'Neill wears is all about?
It has some sort of siginificance in the US Air Force, and was in fact given given to RDA by the actual USAF. Amanda Tapping was also given one, so be sure to keep an eye out for Carter wearing one as well.
Old November 26 2012, 06:40 PM   #437
AJ86
Captain

"I would prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature."
It's quite thought-provoking really. If SG-1 found a culture that was squeezing the juice from an animals underbelly and drinking it they'd probably find it revolting, yet it's something people consume every day without even thinking about it.
Old November 26 2012, 09:24 PM   #438
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Not really. Only the governments represented at that meeting are aware of the Stargate, and it's still a secret from the general public.
It's basically the U.N. Security Council nations, isn't it?

AJ86 wrote: View Post
"I would prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature."
It's quite thought-provoking really. If SG-1 found a culture that was squeezing the juice from an animals underbelly and drinking it they'd probably find it revolting, yet it's something people consume every day without even thinking about it.
Actually this does occur to me sometimes. I try not to think about it too hard.

Last edited by Silvercrest; November 27 2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old November 27 2012, 02:23 AM   #439
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
I bet thought that more people know the bigger the leaks get.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 27 2012, 07:52 AM   #440
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Watch out, my quote tags were screwed up and it affected your post as well. I was just mentioning the U.N. Well, and milk.

There are still people who want to keep the program secret and will do ANYTHING to plug leaks. Exactly who killed Armin back in S1 is never explained, but whoever it was, there are more like them out there.
Old November 27 2012, 08:19 AM   #441
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Lindley wrote: View Post
The only other time I've really noticed set re-use was in a season 8 episode of SG1 when a certain metaphysical realm appears remarkably similar to Der Waffle House from Dead Like Me...and Daniel orders waffles.
Best part of season 8.
Old November 27 2012, 11:15 AM   #442
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Memento: A typical tale made more interesting by the Prometheus and this legend of Trek:

It was kind of cool watching them dig out the stargate.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 27 2012, 11:16 AM   #443
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Prophecy: A nice moment when the young woman shoots her Goa'uld God and kills him, go her. And a mystery about Jonas who may have more going on than just Nirrti's meddling.

Finale of Season 6 is next!!

:: puts on the kettle ::

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 27 2012, 12:20 PM   #444
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Full Circle: That was great. Huge mysteries revealed and new mysteries before us.

What Anubis is was quite a shock.

What Daniels is is not completely clear to him it seems, despite his discovery of who the Ancients are.

The Lost City!!

Excellent attack scenes of the Goa'uld strafing the desert.

O'Neill and Carter subtext stirred up just a wee bit..

Climactic finale, fantastic stuff!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 27 2012, 09:54 PM   #445
gturner
Admiral

Memento: ... It was kind of cool watching them dig out the stargate.
As I recall, that scene had a great soundtrack and some excellent camera work, worthy of a feature film. The president's speech was superb.

Full Circle was a great episode on all levels, even O'Neill's needling of Herat. "Failing upward I see," and "Tell your boss you screwed up again," were some of my favorites.
Old November 28 2012, 01:02 AM   #446
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Season 7 begins!

Fallen
: What a great opening. This is just what I wanted to happen in The Eternal Tide, only even though it was a book for godsake they had Janeway returned to human form in her uniform. Because the Q thought she would be more comfy that way rather than naked. Yes it actually said that. Yes I am bitter.

Didn't we once see Rodney naked and dumped somewhere like that in SG:A? No wait.. maybe it was Ryan Robbins in Sanctuary. Yes that's it! Aerial view as well.

But onto the story.. it seemed odd to drag the half retarded Daniel Jackson who can't even remember O'Neill's first name off on this enormous mission. He doesn't know who he is or why he's back which I think makes him a bit of a wild card. The whole mission is kind of whacky but I enjoyed all the Star Wars references and I'm looking forward to part 2!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 28 2012, 02:26 AM   #447
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Homecoming: So, Jonas is gone and Daniel has returned. Now I know when we first got Jonas I was all gushy over his presence, his arms, his lack of mopeyness, his potential as an interesting character.. but you know they did fuck all with the guy. Slotted him into Daniel's job with none of the joy Daniel had in his archaeology. Couple of jokes about how he doesn't know anything about earth and was technologically behind and then forgot about it for the rest of the season. Teased us with him being a different kind of human (and presumably all his people are) and never said exactly what this means, even though the little Doctor was ogling the test results. Dragged out O'Neill's lukewarmness about him far too long. Used his being a super quick study of everything to completely remove any learning curve that might have given him some personality.

So yeah. He was nice to look at but I am looking forward to seeing if they give the ascended and then descended Daniel some interesting developments because of everything he's been through.

Oh and good job on Anubis escaping, would like to see more of his shadowy evil self.

I'm also enjoying O'Neill's running mockery of the Goa'uld system lords being uber camp and pulp sci fi

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 28 2012, 03:39 AM   #448
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Fragile Balance: woot, that was a huge lot of fun especially after all the Goa'uld heavy blowing up stuff eps. The kid was really good.. I'm wondering if RDA coached him heavily as to how O'Neill would act and speak because it a great channeling job.

The end was kind of.. odd. Yeah sure it might be nice to rewrite ones high school years but it would also be horribly boring sitting in a classroom listening to dribble every day when you've been visiting planets and flying alien ships. But I guess clone O'Neill might look at it as a very long vacation.

I'm VERY amused by O'Neill being a step up in our evolutionary development.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 28 2012, 04:00 AM   #449
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Fragile Balance: woot, that was a huge lot of fun especially after all the Goa'uld heavy blowing up stuff eps. The kid was really good.. I'm wondering if RDA coached him heavily as to how O'Neill would act and speak because it a great channeling job.

The end was kind of.. odd. Yeah sure it might be nice to rewrite ones high school years but it would also be horribly boring sitting in a classroom listening to dribble every day when you've been visiting planets and flying alien ships. But I guess clone O'Neill might look at it as a very long vacation.

I'm VERY amused by O'Neill being a step up in our evolutionary development.
Yea, that kid was awesome as O'Neill. Only other kids I can recall being so impressed with being the main character younger is "Little Ben" on LOST and more recently, "Little Snow" on Once Upon A Time

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old November 28 2012, 04:34 AM   #450
The Wormhole
Admiral

Fun fact: teenage O'Neill was played by the same actor that played the kid with the weird CGI squirrel pet in Star Trek Insurrection.