RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,676
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 605
Newest member: voyagerman49

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old November 25 2012, 12:23 PM   #316
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

Re: Any old timers still around?

TighsEye wrote: View Post
I have been here 11 1/2 years... So, I'm almost a noob!
You too?!?
Great!
Old November 25 2012, 12:41 PM   #317
Collingwood Nick
Vice Admiral

kgibsonuk wrote: View Post
Indeed. Just used as a reference for anyone around at that time who might remember
I remember! Your username looks familiar too
Old November 25 2012, 05:01 PM   #318
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

Wow, there are quite a few names I don't recognize.
Rincewiend, do you by any chance post at StarTrek.nl as well? I lurk there mostly, because my Durch isn't that good yet, but occasionally I make a post there.

There used to be a poster from Belgium who's name I can't recall. He was a Flaptain in 2002, so he must have joined in that year. I'm afraid I have a terribly bad memory for names and faces - could that guy have been psycho pere?
Old November 25 2012, 07:08 PM   #319
Gagh
Commodore

T'Bonz wrote: View Post
StarMan wrote: View Post
And LL got banned? That I missed. Now she was smokin' hot.
If she was, it must have been temporary. She would post sporadically but it has been years.

I can't believe Robert Loggia is going to be a father. He was a nutcase.
We were all many different things when we were young, Bonz. Time settles many down.
Gagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 07:17 PM   #320
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post

There used to be a poster from Belgium who's name I can't recall. He was a Flaptain in 2002, so he must have joined in that year. I'm afraid I have a terribly bad memory for names and faces - could that guy have been psycho pere?
I'm pretty sure Pere is American, but you might be thinking of AdAstra.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 09:14 PM   #321
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

no, not Addie. Addie is Dutch and used to live in a small town very close to Santaman's. I've been in contact with him until about 3 years ago. At that time the poor dear had to work on a translation for a car manual from German into Dutch and English. I helped him a bit which was a lot of fun He also wrote an excellent (and totally serious) article about the history of the toilet. Sadly, I lost contact when he moved.

The other guy I meant is younger than Addie and came from a Belgian town in the dutch-speaking part of the country. If I recall correctly he had a tank in his avatar for a while.
I don't know much else about him. He joined in 2002, was a member of EFCL (no founder, though, I believe), was possibly on Wordforge or Lonaf as well and posted at TK for a while. He was in his early 20s then, so he would have been born around 1980.
His political opinions were rather frighteningly right-wing which was why I broke off the contact very abruptly.
I once saw a photo of him. He was dark haired which stuck in my memory as it's not typical for people in his region and I had expected him to be blonde.
Somehow I always think of the letter P in association with him. Maybe his real name started with a P but I am not sure at all - I have a horribly bad memory for names.

Sturmde is another poster from back then we can put on the MIA list. He's still a Flaptain (which he already was back in 2002) and hasn't been here since February.

And speaking of missing oldtimers - what about the oldest oldie? When was big C last seen? Rumour has it that in the beginning he actually posted all over the board with the ordinary mortals. At my time he occasionally published announcements and requests for money. But nowadays he seems to have vanished completely. Could it be that Bonzie keeps his remains in her freezer?

Last edited by Rhubarbodendron; November 25 2012 at 09:42 PM.
Rhubarbodendron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 09:42 PM   #322
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post

The other guy I meant is younger than Addie and came from a Belgian town in the dutch-speaking part of the country. If I recall correctly he had a tank in his avatar for a while.
I don't know much else about him. He joined in 2002, was a member of EFCL (no founder, though, I believe), was possibly on Wordforge or Lonaf as well and posted at TK for a while. He was in his early 20s then, so he would have been born around 1980.
His political opinions were rather frighteningly right-wing which was why I broke off the contact very abruptly.
I once saw a photo of him. He was dark haired which stuck in my memory as it's not typical for people in his region and I had expected him to be blonde.
Somehow I always think of the letter P with him. Maybe his real name started with a P but I am not sure at all - I have a horribly bad memory for names. I only could come up with that long list because I used to admin the very first EFCL (the EZboard one) and had a backup of the userlist.
PitAP, maybe? I know he was at LoNAF.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 09:42 PM   #323
Aurian
Vice Admiral

Wow, you really do keep detail about people around.. its a veritable trip down memorylane.
Old November 25 2012, 09:46 PM   #324
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

well, we're getting old (present company excluded, of course!) and it appears to be a typical oldtimer thing to remember ancient history better than current affairs

Thanks, M'sharak. It might indeed have been PitAP. Perhaps I still have an old chat log or a contact list somewhere. I'd just have to check who I have blocked.
Old November 25 2012, 10:00 PM   #325
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

TighsEye wrote: View Post
I have been here 11 1/2 years... So, I'm almost a noob!
As I said before my 12th anniversary is next April...2001 was a great year for nOObs, wasn't it? The mad rush of interest caused by the end of Voyager and the start of Enterprise resulted in perhaps the biggest surge in board membership in its entire thirteen-year history.

You and I used to be co-drivers in the Admirals' Race threads, remember? I don't know if we still are...for a good long while after I stopped posting in them I saw that you and I were still listed as co-drivers of cars in the races and sometimes did pretty well considering neither one of was no longer an active participant!

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 11:14 PM   #326
biotech
Vice Admiral

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
biotech wrote: View Post
Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post

Hey, the other Hullian's here.
Alight Bob?

What did you make of the new red dwarf?
I rather enjoyed it. though it was hit and miss for some episodes. still intend picking up the blu-ray.
I liked the first three, didn't laugh much after that. Hope you enjoy the Bluray. I expect I will see them again as they are repeated on Dave from now till the end of time.
biotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 11:29 PM   #327
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Looking at this thread I realize I just missed my 11th anniversary here.

Time flies...

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 11:39 PM   #328
C. Cole-Chakotay
Commodore

I've been here since 2/2004.
Eulalia!!! Redwall!!
C. Cole-Chakotay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 01:12 AM   #329
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure Pere is American [...]
I am indeed!
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 05:42 AM   #330
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

Gagh wrote: View Post
We were all many different things when we were young, Bonz. Time settles many down.
That is true. But he seemed to be set apart from the typical young'uns back then, he had real issues that went beyond the trolling for lulz-type poster. I wasn't even sure he would survive to become older.

Could it be that Bonzie keeps his remains in her freezer?
Mr. T'Bonz and I met Christian last year when we were in the Netherlands. I can say I had a drink with the great C-Meister. He's rather normal (not aloof or whatever people think of him) and much less shy than I think he was as a younger man.

Santaman and his brother came to town by train to meet up with us during the same trip (different meet-up though.) We had a nice lunch, with us laughing and talking incessantly about TrekBBS and all of the nutcases (including us, of course) around here.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote