Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old November 25 2012, 04:09 PM   #256
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: F1 2012 Championship Thread

Vettel has more to lose by trying a risky overtake than Alonso.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 04:33 PM   #257
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

So, almost time. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing that stupid finger, that stupid smug face, and hearing a generic 'YES WE DID IT THANKYOU BOIZ RING DINGDINGDING DING DING DING' over the radio from Vettel this evening, unfortunately, but we can still hope for otherwise!

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Geckothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 05:04 PM   #258
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Haha, German tv commentators are unhappy.
Old November 25 2012, 06:44 PM   #259
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

He's about to do it. Lame!

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old November 25 2012, 06:52 PM   #260
Lonemagpie
Writer

"This race has summarised the 2012 season" says the commentator- yeah, a Safety Car granting Vettel the glory. That's 2012 all fucking right.

Still, lovely race win for Jenson. Felipe Massa's best result in ages too - maybe this year as a whole, I don't remember when we last saw him on the podium.

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 06:53 PM   #261
Whizzer
Lieutenant Commander

Gratz to Sebastian Vettel, pretty exciting race.
Old November 25 2012, 06:55 PM   #262
Roger Wilco
Admiral

I intensely dislike Alonso, so I'm glad with Vettel winning the championship, although the ending to the race was lame.
Old November 25 2012, 06:56 PM   #263
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
"This race has summarised the 2012 season" says the commentator- yeah, a Safety Car granting Vettel the glory. That's 2012 all fucking right.

Still, lovely race win for Jenson. Felipe Massa's best result in ages too - maybe this year as a whole, I don't remember when we last saw him on the podium.
Yep. Vettel gets his way as usual.

Also, if Alonso wasn't in the running for the championship and got through on team orders, Massa could've got several podiums in the last few races, imo. Either the car has suddenly become a lot more suited to his style, or he's really getting back on form.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old November 25 2012, 07:01 PM   #264
MacLeod
Admiral

It might not be over yet, Sky had footage that appeared to show Vettel overtaking under yellow flags. Which if true could mean a post race penalty of 20 seconds.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old November 25 2012, 07:06 PM   #265
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

It could've been a striped yellow and red, though, which means slippery track or debris. Need to have another look at it.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old November 25 2012, 07:21 PM   #266
Lonemagpie
Writer

Did I imagine it, were they in error, or did Jake have it right when he just said all the F1 races in 2013 would be live on BBC1?

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 07:49 PM   #267
MacLeod
Admiral

Well Sky have re-run the the footage and there was a Yellow Flag and a Yellow and Red Flag, there was then a green light. And then another yellow light.

If it was an overtake under yellow the problem is the Sauber pitted after being overtaken. If it was an overtake under yellow, Vettel couldn't give the place back. Which means the only penalty available would be a drive through or a time penalty for breaking the rules.
Old November 25 2012, 07:54 PM   #268
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Regardless of that, what about Vettel's idiocy at the start of the race? That accident was clearly his fault, and it's a shame that he didn't have to retire the car, because he deserved to.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old November 25 2012, 07:55 PM   #269
MacLeod
Admiral

Would that be the drive through penalty for causing an avoidable accident. We saw Hulkenberg get one for taking out Hamilton.
Old November 27 2012, 05:09 PM   #270
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Did I imagine it, were they in error, or did Jake have it right when he just said all the F1 races in 2013 would be live on BBC1?
Live on BBC, not BBC1 i.e. half the races will be live on radio only as in this year. Like you, I did a double-take after he said that at the end of the race, but no such luck.

I will miss Jake though. His rapport with DC & EJ is great, and it seems he's been able to get on well with lots of the drivers too esp. Lewis & Jenson. Big loss. I wonder who'll replace him. Hopefully not the rather dull Lee McKenzie.

Anyway, I thought the last race was lots of fun. Action throughout. A slight shame to finish under SC conditions, but the outcome was clear by then anyway.

2013 will be a bit of a transitional year I think as I understand that some big formula changes are coming for 2014 which will throw things a bit more up in the air. So 2013 will probably have the same main 3 competitors as 2012 of McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull. It will be interesting to see how Lewis does at Mercedes, but I understand he's already focusing more for 2014 onwards.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote