Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 21 2012, 03:41 AM   #61
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Glee - Season Four

Yes, that sounds closer to the truth.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2012, 07:34 AM   #62
Kestra
Vice Admiral

I like NuQuinn, and I can't stand lead Grease guy. Really, him? Him and Chord Overstreet both need to go. Tough dude and generic pretty girl are both okay so far. I like the Unique storyline and I want to see more of Rachael, Kurt and Blaine. Finn is pretty blah but he's better than a highly inappropriate teacher so that storyline is pretty good. I like the backpacking bit.
Old November 21 2012, 07:55 AM   #63
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

My balls don't lust after or respect any of the new boys and girls.

Do they have a new casting service/agent since season one?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2012, 06:03 PM   #64
propita
Rear Admiral

Sue stormed out of Figgins' office, grabbed a kid's glasses off his face and threw them, and him, around, pushed other students including pushing one off the stairs, etc etc.

This issue bothers me...there would have to be some kids who don't like Sue and would file charges for assault and battery. And then sue. No pun intended. But she's allowed to physically assault students? Her verbal assaults are bad enough. And nuQuinn? I thought most schools now have some kind of no-bullying policy. I notice that, unlike Quinn and her Brittney/Santana entourage, nuQuinn is by herself.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2012, 10:40 PM   #65
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

With shows like this i've long stopped putting reality demands on them or else i'd be only counting the mistakes and don't have time to actually enjoy the episode.

Glee, much like most other shows, bend and break reality to suit their needs.. in this case to get some comedy moments out of a scene. Glee is about teenager drama and music.. that's it.

Best not to think too hard about it.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2012, 02:54 AM   #66
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Grease Lead is the guy who won the Glee Project, right?
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2012, 06:32 AM   #67
propita
Rear Admiral

That's what I was thinking. Which is a big change from Irish-boy. And while "Unique" did not win the competition, s/he won the war and is part of the cast.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2012, 08:18 AM   #68
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Grease Lead is the guy who won the Glee Project, right?
Is that it? I've never watched that but I guess it would explain it.
Old November 23 2012, 05:13 AM   #69
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

propita wrote: View Post
That's what I was thinking. Which is a big change from Irish-boy. And while "Unique" did not win the competition, s/he won the war and is part of the cast.
While Blake proved himself to be a well rounder performer, I thought he was a safe choice. I was pulling for Alyin.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2012, 07:05 AM   #70
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

That was the most fun I've had watching Glee in a long long time. That felt like Season 1 glee, even going back to the red shirts and jeans for the "Don't Stop Believin'" days. Yeah it was a little nerdy, but in the end it really worked for me, especially getting to know the new characters and the sensitivity with Ryders storyline. I'm not sure if this is Glee turning the corner, but the last time I had this kind of reaction was Season 1 and this one felt like an episode that would have worked really well in Glee's hayday. Looking forward to next week and of course it wouldn't be Glee without "Gangam Style".

Last edited by SJSharksfan39; November 23 2012 at 08:44 AM.
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2012, 08:28 AM   #71
Takeru
Fleet Captain

I'm sick of Sue, she's mad at Finn for calling her daughter a retard when she says the cruelest things all the time. She's worried because Wade was attacked in the hallway but in the same episode she stormed out of Figgins' office attacking several students.

Get rid of McKinley and new Directions, make the show about Kurt and Rachel in New York, move Santana there and keep Finn, Blaine and Brittany as recurring characters, everyone else needs to go.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2012, 06:50 PM   #72
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

That was really cool, loved Dr Y and Sam's Bane impression.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2012, 08:24 PM   #73
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Guess the discussion for Glee is dying huh?

I knew I was going to like this episode as soon as Quinn AND Santana appeared

I liked the mentor concept, and I found it amusing how nuQuinn was so obsessed with Quinn. 'WWQFD?' lol. It disappointed me a bit that Quinn had a go at Jake without actually trying to hear his side of the story. I also liked the little discussion she and Santana had.

This was an episode where liked the meat of the episode rather than the songs. The Warblers still don't do much for me, all of their songs are beginning to sound the same. The party song didn't do much for me either.

I also liked Brody calling out Rachel's behaviour.

I like what they're doing with Marley. Rachel always seemed to thrive on the pressure of being the star but Marley is having a hard time handling it. I'm glad the 'new Rachel' isn't a carbon copy. The ending wasn't a surprise but I'm glad they're dealing with it now rather than dragging it out. I hope it doesn't cost them Sectionals!

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2012, 12:58 AM   #74
shivkala
Rear Admiral

I'm watching "Thanksgiving" now and two thoughts struck me: First, you're right, the mentor thing was great. I've been annoyed at how they were using the original cast members. It seemed they didn't want to overuse them, so they opted for under-using them. They steal the show every time they appear. They worked really well in this episode, adding to the plot and not stealing the spotlight. I loved how Santana caught onto "Pretty Little Liar" right away.

Kurt and Rachel are really dragging the show down. I'm not a Sara Jessica Parker fan and her part didn't help. I've never really formed an opinion on Kate Hudson, though I do have to say, Cassandra July is the best part about the Kurt/Rachel storyline. As for them, they either get them a spin-off (so I can ignore it! ) or dump them.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited by shivkala; December 3 2012 at 04:07 AM.
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2012, 01:11 AM   #75
AliciaD496
Fleet Captain

View AliciaD496's Twitter Profile

^Agree totally. I'm so tired of Rachel's miss priss she's too good for visiting Lima act. Kurt would likely have to face Finn if he'd gone home for Thanksgiving, but both could have avoided the McKinley crew if they'd wanted while still being in Lima. Their friends would have liked to have seen them, and the reunion felt incomplete. This should have been the episode they return from New York, not the 'Glease' episode. Drop the New York storyline or give it it's own series...I hear there's room in the schedule where Mob Doctor used to be.

Also...wasn't Rachel the one that was 'traumatized' by being pelted by eggs in season one because they were baby birds and now she's willing to...massage...a turkey? Doesn't line up with her previous ultra-vegan attitude.

I'm so tired of the New York storyline...or tired of Lea Michele, I don't know, but between the stupid "Kiki" party thing and Gangnam style I'm not really happy with either aspect of the show. Maybe I'm finally 'out-growing' it, or it's just gotten that bad.