Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 21 2012, 03:20 PM   #406
Rhaven
Captain

Re: The Revolution pilot is online now...

Aw come on! The pendant is magic, it just makes things work. Even after 15 years of just sitting there, the power just turns machines and iPods on.
What's the matter with you all? Don't you believe in magic?
Old November 21 2012, 05:41 PM   #407
sojourner
Admiral

This series would have rocked if they had just gone full on and claimed it was magic.

Anybody here read Ariel and Elegy Beach by Steven R. Boyett? Those books would have worked great for the basis of this.
Old November 21 2012, 07:05 PM   #408
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Rhaven wrote: View Post
Aw come on! The pendant is magic, it just makes things work. Even after 15 years of just sitting there, the power just turns machines and iPods on.
What's the matter with you all? Don't you believe in magic?
Pfft? It's not magic. They claimed that they have real world ''scientists'' who say that it's all 100% plausible and that we're all just stupid hicks to question their mighty ''scientist'' brains.
Mister Fandango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2012, 07:13 PM   #409
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I'm starting to lose interest in this show because it feels like everything is happening so slowly. It seems like this is just like any other arc show these days, don't show much during the episode, but when you only have 3 minutes left, then show the interesting parts. Are we going to see Grace or Randell again before March? Are they ever going to actually reveal something major before March? I think this upcoming episode is the make or break for me, because of the long hiatus. It will probably end on a cliffhanger, but they really need to wrap up this Danny storyline and move the series into another direction, kind of addressing that bigger picture.

With all that being said, this last week's episode might have been the best episode so far, mainly because it was all character, finally. We finally got to see a saner Monroe, someone I would love to see again because I don't like this one dimensionality of him, and it seemed like this was a show that returned to learning more about the characters rather that moving along the plot.

Hopefully next week is a real big fall finale, but I'm leaning towards not coming back in March, considering by then I will have forgotten everything that's happened so far.
Old November 21 2012, 11:22 PM   #410
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

I see that Randall's last name is Flynn. Those initials sound familiar...
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2012, 06:13 AM   #411
Borgminister

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Hopefully next week is a real big fall finale, but I'm leaning towards not coming back in March, considering by then I will have forgotten everything that's happened so far.
My sentiments as well. I'm actually surprised at myself for sticking with the show this far, but the eye-rolling moments have gotten a bit more frequent of late, hitting a peak in this installment.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2012, 06:25 AM   #412
JD
Admiral

They've already said the current story line ends at episode 10, so all of the stuff with them rescuing Danny should be over by the end of the next episode.
Old November 27 2012, 11:15 AM   #413
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Wow! Things actually happened in last night's episode!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2012, 12:46 PM   #414
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

It was a reasonable enough episode last night. I really liked the flashback with the two M's laughing about becoming pirates. Also the mention of impending conflict with another state milita was interesting and may form part of the arc for the 2nd half of the season.

I did find some of the scenes really padded out though, as if they first scripted it out to 38 minutes or so and had to extend some scenes. The reunion of the two M's was really obvious, so much mean staring, as was when the escapees stood and stared at the chopper for a full minute before it's main gun began to spin up.

I'll be back in March if they remind me with a promo or two.
Old November 27 2012, 01:42 PM   #415
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

March????
That's a long ass hiatus!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2012, 06:35 PM   #416
sojourner
Admiral

So, blonde chick kills psycho guy guarding her, Miles comes in, they exchange pleasantries and she runs out without grabbing the super important pendant or taking a hammer to the amplifier??? WTF?

These idiots have no one to blame but themselves for facing helicopter gunship death.
Old November 27 2012, 10:20 PM   #417
Morpheus 02
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
So, blonde chick kills psycho guy guarding her, Miles comes in, they exchange pleasantries and she runs out without grabbing the super important pendant or taking a hammer to the amplifier??? WTF?

These idiots have no one to blame but themselves for facing helicopter gunship death.

That's because guards came in shooting guns by the time she saw Miles & realized who he was. I think they only had a sword between them, so they couldn't stay and fight and get the pendant.

(it was stuck in the machine..there's no way to get it OUT of the machine without both of them dying in the process).

And secret lab that's cauing the blackout knows this is happening..right? So maybe soething will happen next season.

Honestly, I was hoping for Monroe to die -- he's just not that charismatic to be the lead villain. I wa shoping that Neville would find Monroe dead (or kill him himself), and then take over the Republic (which apparently has no Senate to justfy the Republic name). Neville and his wife would make a VERY interesting villain...(unless he goes over to the "good" side)
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2012, 10:47 PM   #418
sojourner
Admiral

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post

That's because guards came in shooting guns by the time she saw Miles & realized who he was. I think they only had a sword between them, so they couldn't stay and fight and get the pendant.

(it was stuck in the machine..there's no way to get it OUT of the machine without both of them dying in the process).
The machine was visible about 10 feet behind them. If she had had even a modicum of thought she could have grabbed it in the time it took her to sit on the body and then stare at Miles before the guards came. She's an idiot.
Old November 28 2012, 01:35 AM   #419
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/27/re...ale-interview/ (beware: the article also has spoilers for the second half of the season)

I gotta ask, since I’m seeing this comment on the boards: How could Rachel forget to grab the pendant on the way out of the room?
Kripke: We shot a scene where Rachel goes, “We have to go back and get the pendant,” and Miles says, “We can’t go back, they’re shooting machine guns at us!” We ended up cutting it for time because we thought, maybe wrongly, that when there’s a room full of five people shooting machine guns in your direction that you can’t run toward those machine guns.
Old November 28 2012, 01:38 AM   #420
JD
Admiral

I really enjoyed this episode.