Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 20 2012, 09:35 PM   #691
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

DarthTom wrote: View Post
*Why was that chick on the wall so upset about Lori jumping down and killing the walker? If anything that should illustrate how proficient she is at handling herself in those types of situations?
And here is the proof that Andrea has already become the new Lori.
Old November 20 2012, 09:46 PM   #692
EmoBorg
Captain

I came across this video that has a deleted scene from season 1. Remember the Nursing Home from season 1 which the Hispanic man was protecting with his friends. The Fate of the Nursing Home is in this video below.

10:01
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 10:14 PM   #693
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

^^^^ Wow, that's awesome, thanks for sharing.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 11:06 PM   #694
PKerr
Rear Admiral

EmoBorg wrote: View Post
I came across this video that has a deleted scene from season 1. Remember the Nursing Home from season 1 which the Hispanic man was protecting with his friends. The Fate of the Nursing Home is in this video below.

what scene, episode does that take place after?

why was Shane so freaked out?
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 11:10 PM   #695
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

It would've been part of the season two premiere. The group would have gone there after leaving the CDC.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 11:33 PM   #696
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

DarthTom wrote: View Post
PKerr wrote: View Post
Yes, thank you, We/I get that, just playing what if here, what if the writers are in fact messing with our minds?
IMO, the only way Lori is returning is as a walker because Carl was too chicken shit to shoot his mother in the head.

Other observations:

*Why was that chick on the wall so upset about Lori jumping down and killing the walker? If anything that should illustrate how proficient she is at handling herself in those types of situations?

*Glenn is an idiot for falling into Merle's trap. He should have shot him on site because Merle was a huge risk back in Atlanta and his behavior then should have shown why he could not be trusted.

*I'm glad Carol is coming back. Darryl is going to IMO be a more stable leader than Rick is now.

*Regarding Michone, I'm wondering if it's only that she had zombie guts on her that the walkers were ignoring her or as others have suggested has been infected and how isn't a target for the walkers? [indientally the zombie guts worked in season one as a way to throw them off until it rained]

*I cannot figure out the Governor - are they trying to position him as still bat shit crazy or just disturbed over his daughter's death and that Lori has entered his life has become more sane?
*well it's against the Rules. And I get the impression Bad Things happen when you break the Rules.

*Daryl is now as close to family as Glen has left. Merle is Daryl's brother. There is no way Glen could go back tot he prison and tell Daryl he ran into Merle and then shot him.

*Rick will still be the leader. If they were willing to take him on as a leader a day or two after he came out of a coma a little crazyness isn't going to deter them now.

*If they weren't interested in people after they were infected they wouldn't have eaten T'dog after he'd been bitten.

* I don't think anyone is getting more sane.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 11:38 PM   #697
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Also loved Micchone showing up with the baby supplies at the end.
Same here. After scenes of her killing enemies, and having something as soul-killing as zombie guts spilling on you she still has enough heart to retrieve baby supplies for a child she does not know.
Yeah, that says a lot about who she is.

That's a shame. It's also weird to see Darryl yelling at Sophia. He's evolved quickly.
Old November 21 2012, 12:24 AM   #698
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

My biggest reaction to the video: "Wow, Rick's hair is so short!" I cheered a little when he finally got a haircut in the comics.

And in true T-Dog fashion, T-Dog remains stoically silent through the whole thing, even during the dramatic "Dale hands T-Dog a paper plate" scene.
Old November 21 2012, 02:02 AM   #699
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Sindatur wrote: View Post
[Yea, Glenn should have shot Merle immediately, but, that's an awfully tough decision to make, to kill someone you know, in cold blood like that. He reasonably thought with the two of them, he and Maggie had the situation in hand, very bad decision, but, you can't really blae him and call him an idiot for it
Sure you can; Rick knew Shane since they were young, but when Shane's murder plot was uncovered, Rick had enough and did not hesitate. Glenn did not have that kind of connection to Merle, and unlike Shane (who steadily turned into a threat), Merle was advesarial from the start.

There was no reason to trust him, and he should not rely on Maggie, as it would only keep her in a dangerous situation...and as it turned out, it was that kind of situation.
Old November 21 2012, 04:37 AM   #700
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile

But you have to take into account Glenn's nature here. Sure, Rick may have shot him on site, Glenn isn't going to do that.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2012, 01:38 PM   #701
Merlanthe
Lieutenant Commander

Did anyone else notice how after Darryl had pulled Carol's knife out of the walkers face and wiped the goo off he held it up against the wound as though he was gonna stab it.

I think he was figuring out the angle at which Carol had stabbed the thing and the what way she would have gripped the knife and came to the conclusion that since the knife was buried into the things face practically to the hilt bringing her arm right up against its mouth without having killed it that there was no way she wouldnt have gotten bit which ties into a lot of peoples interpretation of Darryl sitting alone in the corridor angrily stabbing the floor and walls as him expecting to find a zombified Carol behind that door and had sent the others away whilst he himself up to the job of killing her.
Old November 21 2012, 05:05 PM   #702
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
But you have to take into account Glenn's nature here. Sure, Rick may have shot him on site, Glenn isn't going to do that.
Then he's a born sucker.

When he last saw Merle, he was violent, beat T-Dog, and had to be cuffed to the roof. Then, they abandon him (which you know is not going to inspire anything other than thoughts of revenge), and cut his own hand off. Again, there's that inspiration for revenge, which should have shocked Glenn into action the moment he laid eyes on Merle.

What part of his earlier experiences with Merle did he (Glenn) forget which would make him give Merle even a hint of a chance?

Glenn is a nice character, but he kind of asked for the kidnapping.
Old November 21 2012, 05:37 PM   #703
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

That's not very fair. He had a gun trained on Merle the entire time for all those same reasons.

Glenn didn't instantly and cold-bloodedly blow Merle away — therefore he's a born sucker and he was asking for it?

I see.

You don't do shades of gray, do you?
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2012, 05:40 PM   #704
Rhaven
Captain

Thank you! I always love looking at the scenes that get cut.
Old November 21 2012, 06:11 PM   #705
propita
Rear Admiral

Watched this.

Here's an "attack with guns blazing" that was duplicated later at the barn.

I'm wondering if Merle was behind the attack on the seniors. Daryl, whose powers of observation were great but Rick should've noticed this too, didn't like attacking the helpless--which would feed into his resentment of Merle later.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote