RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,834
Posts: 5,473,278
Members: 25,039
Currently online: 437
Newest member: noroadcordova

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 18 2012, 07:49 PM   #346
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain
 
TREK_GOD_1's Avatar
 
Location: Escaped from Delta Vega
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

Okay, i'm flipping out with joy over the TrekCore track preview of the "Elaan of Troyius" battle music!

Amazing!!
__________________
"...to be like God, you have the power to make the world anything you want it to be."
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 09:07 PM   #347
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

By the way, the only credit I could find on IMDb for a Craig Robertson in the music department was this guy, who only has a single official credit as a guitarist in a 1969 production. I wonder who he was. Arthur Heinemann was the scriptwriter for "The Way to Eden," and of course we know who Charles Napier was.
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 11/16/14 including annotations for "The Caress of a Butterfly's Wing" and overview for DTI: The Collectors

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 10:15 PM   #348
OneBuckFilms
Fleet Captain
 
OneBuckFilms's Avatar
 
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

Same with me TREK_GOD_1.

It's been a grail of sorts for me since hearing it in the show. And those samples sound really good.
OneBuckFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 10:48 PM   #349
M
Vice Admiral
 
M's Avatar
 
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

What a wonderful time for fans of the original series music! I'm loving those samples. Especially the themes from "Catspaw" and "Elaan" are marvellous!

And I, too, appreciate the way in which the track lists are published. Way more exciting this way than just giving it all away at once! Also, the artwork and liner notes for this one look fantastic! And: All the "Way to Eden" songs are included!

So, again, I would really really love to get this set, if someone who actually ordered from LLL to Europe can confirm that they indeed dispatch there without problems. With a release this expensive I fear it will be stuck in customs or some such.
__________________
Bashir: »Out of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?«
Garak: »My dear doctor, they're all true.«
Bashir: »Even the lies?«
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 12:51 AM   #350
Indysolo
Fleet Captain
 
Indysolo's Avatar
 
Location: Sunny California
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

I just noticed that this is not quite the final artwork for the set in the Trekcore preview, but it's very close.

Neil
__________________
"Garret Wang's costume was so 'West Hollywood', I offered to be best man at his wedding."
-Walter Koenig on Garret Wang's Of Gods and Men costume
Indysolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 12:20 PM   #351
zarkon
Captain
 
zarkon's Avatar
 
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

M wrote: View Post
So, again, I would really really love to get this set, if someone who actually ordered from LLL to Europe can confirm that they indeed dispatch there without problems. With a release this expensive I fear it will be stuck in customs or some such.
Dunno where in eurpoe you live, but if it's the UK, I'm afraid the only way you miss out on custom charges for an item with a value as high as this is if it doesn't go insured, which LLL aren't going to risk I suspect. And if it goes via royal mail on this side of the pond, no doubt they'll add their spurious "handling fee", which often outstrips the actual customs charge...
__________________
In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge.
zarkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 12:32 AM   #352
ScottDS
Captain
 
ScottDS's Avatar
 
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

The hits just keep on comin'!

SEASON 1, DISC 5

The City on the Edge of Forever
Music Composed and Conducted by Fred Steiner
Interpolating “Goodnight, Sweetheart” by Jimmy Campbell, Reginald Connelly and Ray Noble
Episode #28, Recorded 3/24/67
Aired #28, 4/6/67

1. Main Title* (cello version; Courage/Roddenberry, arr. Steiner) 0:52
2006 Recording Conducted and Produced by Gregory Smith

2. New York 1930 M26–30+M26–30B 1:37
3. Edith’s Theme M33 1:25
4. Edith Suspects M43 1:20
5. Goodnight, Sweetheart (vocal)† M44 1:28
6. Edith’s Fate/Edith Must Die M47/M47A 1:16
7. Edith’s Vision M51 0:45
8. Edith Falls M61 0:55
9. Edith’s Death M65 0:37

Total Time: 10:38

*Contains “Theme From Star Trek (TV Series)” by Alexander Courage and Gene Roddenberry
†Contains “Goodnight, Sweetheart” by Jimmy Campbell, Reginald Connelly and Ray Noble, published by Campbell, Connelly Inc. and EMI Robbins Catalog Inc. (ASCAP).

First Season Library Music
Music Composed by Joseph Mullendore

10. Impension* LM1 1:10
11. Lonely to Dramatic* LM3 1:27
12. Romantic Scene* LM6 0:46
13. Pensive Mood* 13LM2 2:09
14. Play-Off (with button)* 13LM5 0:15
15. Play-Off (with sustain)* 13LM5A 0:18

Music Composed by Wilbur Hatch

16. Love Scene* 13LHM3 1:29
17. Humoresque* 13LHM7 0:43
18. Humoresque (tag)* 13LHM7A 0:13

Total Time (10–18): 8:48

Tracks 10–12 and disc 4, track 18 recorded with “The Corbomite Maneuver,” “Balance of Terror” and “What Are Little Girls Made Of?”
Tracks 13–18 recorded with “The Consience of the King”

Music Composed and Conducted by Fred Steiner
From “Charlie X”:

19. That’s a Girl M12X 0:42
20. Kirk’s Command M13X 0:57
21. Charlie’s Mystery M14X 0:45
22. Kirk Puzzled M34X 0:38
23. Kirk Puzzled M34Y 0:22
24. Kirk Puzzled M34Z 0:15
25. Zap Sam M41X 1:01
26. Zap the Pistol M42X tk 1 0:42
27. Zap the Pistol M42X tk 2 0:11
28. Standoff M43X 0:54
29. Standoff M43Y 0:17
30. Standoff M43Z 0:08
31. Zap Janice M52X 1:00
32. Zap the Spaceship M54X tk 1 0:08
33. Zap the Spaceship M54X tk 2 0:04
34. Charlie’s Friend M61X tk 1 0:40
35. Charlie’s Friend M61X tk 3 0:10

From “Mudd’s Women”:

36. The Last Crystal M31X 0:14
37. The Last Crystal M31X tk 3 0:07

From “The Corbomite Manuever”:

38. Condition Alert M13A 0:14
39. Hideous Balok M33A 0:25
40. Baby Balok M61 0:31

From “Balance of Terror”:

41. Theme From Star Trek* 9MA pt 1 0:12
42. Theme From Star Trek* 9MA pt 2 0:14
43. Theme From Star Trek* 9MA pt 3 0:11
44. Theme From Star Trek* 9MA pt 4 0:12
45. Romulan Theme M22/M22A tk 1 0:52

From “The City on the Edge of Forever”:

46. Edith Must Die M47B 0:12

Source Music, Sound Effects and Outtakes

Source Music From “Charlie X”:

47. Weird Guitar M21 (Steiner) 0:12
48. Charlie Is My Darling M21A/M21B (traditional, arr. Steiner; vocal: Nichelle Nichols) 2:17

First Season Score Alternates:

49. Joe Berserk M21 tk 3 (from “The Naked Time,” Courage) 0:14
50. Leg Trick M51/M51A (from “Shore Leave,” Fried) 1:02

Total Time (19–50): 17:14

The Squire of Gothos
Source Music Performed by Ivan Ditmars
Episode #18, Recorded 12/16/66
Aired #17, 1/12/67

51. A Major Sonata (Domenico Scarlatti) M21/M21A/M22 1:19
52. F Minor Sonata (Scarlatti) M31/M32 1:18
53. Southern Roses (Johann Strauss) M33–40 3:47

Total Time: 6:29

The Cage Pre-Recording

54. Vina’s Dance (Wilbur Hatch) 2:09

Sound Effects

55. Transporter Effect (“The Cage”) M4 tk 3 0:14
56. Planet Atmosphere (“The Cage”) [Series Transporter Effect] M16 tk 3 2:02
57. Pike Window Bump (“The Cage”) M8 tk 1 0:11
58. Talosian Door Effect (“The Cage”) M14 tk 6 0:08
59. Disappearance Effect (“The Cage”) MRV tk 1 0:14
60. Sickbay Scanner, High (“Where No Man Has Gone Before”) MFX3 tk 1 0:33
61. Sickbay Scanner, Low (“Where No Man Has Gone Before”) MFX2 tk 1 0:47

Unused Sound Effects

62. Computer Processing (“The Cage”) M11 tk 1 0:35
63. Computer Transmission (“Where No Man Has Gone Before”) MFX1 tk 1 0:23
64. Planet Atmosphere Alternate #1 (“The Cage”) M1 tk 1 0:34
65. Planet Atmosphere Alternate #2 (“The Cage”) M2 tk 2 0:34
66. Planet Atmosphere Alternate #3 (“The Cage”) M3 tk 1 0:36
67. Planet Atmosphere Alternate #4 (“The Cage”) M16 tk 4 2:01
68. Pike Window Bump (“The Cage”) M8 tk 2–6 0:14
69. Bass Twangs (“The Cage”) M10 tk 1, 2 0:46

Sound Effects Rehearsals and Outtakes

70. Planet Atmosphere (“The Cage”) [Series Transporter Effect] M16 tk 2 (Alexander Courage rehearsal) 1:05
71. Enterprise Fly-By (“The Naked Time”) MX1 tk 1 (Alexander Courage vocal effect) 0:28
72. Virus Sound (“The Naked Time”) MX4 tk 1, 2 0:41

Total Time (55–72): 12:56

Theme Music Outtakes

73. Main Title* (electric violin version; arr./cond. Courage) MT tk 1–5, 7 5:03
74. Main Title* (cello version, arr./cond. Steiner) M10A tk 1–3 3:02
75. End Title* (electric violin version, arr./cond. Courage) ET tk 1 0:57
76. End Title* (cello version, arr./cond. Steiner) META tk 1–3, 5–6 5:20

Total Time: 14:31

Total Disc Time: 73:21

*Contains “Theme From Star Trek (TV Series)” by Alexander Courage and Gene Roddenberry
ScottDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 01:39 AM   #353
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

No point in doing my usual listing of unreleased cues, since none of it's been released before -- except maybe for some of the sound effects cues, which might've been on the 1988 GNP sound-effects album. Looks to me like a version of "Planet Atmosphere" (as "Alien Planet Surface") and at least one of the "Sickbay Scanner" cues might have been on that album.

Would it be safe to surmise that these are sound effects that were created using musical instruments, and were thus part of the orchestras' recording sessions? (Or by voice, in the case of the flyby whooshes in track 71?) I hope the notes discuss how they were created.

I'm starting to understand the answer to my earlier question about why they would've recorded library versions of cues from episodes in the same season. From the repeated cue titles and the different running times, I suppose the library cues are isolated excerpts from the longer cues, the better to separate out segments for use as stock music. I always figured it was just done with editing.

And I'm very interested to find out what those generic library cues by Mullendore and Hatch are. I bet they're pieces that I know but have always attributed to the composer of the first episode each appeared in.

I hadn't realized Ivan Ditmars (who was credited for writing the Brahms paraphrase in "Requiem for Methuselah") performed the harpsichord pieces in "Gothos." Nice to get confirmation that those and the "Charlie X" source music are included.

Although I confess, I'm a little disappointed you didn't include "I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen."

This is interesting:
The Cage Pre-Recording

54. Vina’s Dance (Wilbur Hatch) 2:09
We have a "Vina's Dance" credited to Courage on Disc 1 already. So is this, perhaps, music that was played on set for filming the actual dance scene (hence the pre-recording), then overdubbed with the Courage cue?
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 11/16/14 including annotations for "The Caress of a Butterfly's Wing" and overview for DTI: The Collectors

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 02:38 AM   #354
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

An excellent audio interview with La-La Land Records heads MV Gerhard and Matt Verboys, album producers Lukas Kendall and Neil S. Bulk, and Trek music expert Jeff Bond, all about this upcoming release can be found here:

http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=10295
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 02:41 AM   #355
Indysolo
Fleet Captain
 
Indysolo's Avatar
 
Location: Sunny California
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

Vina's Dance by Wilbur Hatch is indeed the pre-record and is the earliest piece of Star Trek music recorded.

Neil
__________________
"Garret Wang's costume was so 'West Hollywood', I offered to be best man at his wedding."
-Walter Koenig on Garret Wang's Of Gods and Men costume
Indysolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 03:56 AM   #356
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
An excellent audio interview with La-La Land Records heads MV Gerhard and Matt Verboys, album producers Lukas Kendall and Neil S. Bulk, and Trek music expert Jeff Bond, all about this upcoming release can be found here:

http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=10295
Good interview, very informative. It answered some of my above questions about sound effects and library cues. (I'm recalling a sort of actiony variant of the "song" part of the Courage theme that was heard only once, during a scene in "Shore Leave" where the characters are running to investigate the sound of gunshots, I believe. Based on what they said in the interview, I'm now thinking that was one of Mullendore's library cues. Perhaps "Impension?")

The process Jeff Bond described for how he got TOS's music drummed into his head as a kid by constant daily reruns in the '70s is exactly how it happened for me.


Indysolo wrote: View Post
Vina's Dance by Wilbur Hatch is indeed the pre-record and is the earliest piece of Star Trek music recorded.
Intriguing. That would mean that the total number of extant Orion dance cues is four -- this Hatch piece, the Courage ones from "The Cage" and "Whom Gods Destroy," and Jay Chattaway's more sedate one from Enterprise: "Bound."
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 11/16/14 including annotations for "The Caress of a Butterfly's Wing" and overview for DTI: The Collectors

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 04:44 AM   #357
Indysolo
Fleet Captain
 
Indysolo's Avatar
 
Location: Sunny California
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

Yes, the running cue is Impension.

Neil
__________________
"Garret Wang's costume was so 'West Hollywood', I offered to be best man at his wedding."
-Walter Koenig on Garret Wang's Of Gods and Men costume
Indysolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 03:06 PM   #358
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

"Impension." What a weird name. It isn't even in the dictionary. I assume it's intended to mean the state of something that's impending, like doom, by analogy with "suspension." I guess it could be a word, it just isn't one that's in common use.

I'd been wondering if there was any chance the set might include the substitute cues that J. Peter Robinson wrote for the "City on the Edge" VHS release when they couldn't get clearance for "Goodnight, Sweetheart." But I found this thread on the FSM board where Lukas Kendall emphatically says those won't be included. I think that's a bit of a shame, actually, since technically they are cues written for TOS, and just as a matter of archival completeness and historical curiosity it might be worth having them for comparison. At least they can be heard here on the Star Trek History site, although with episode dialogue and sounds overlaid. (Although the History site needs to be updated, because it says the composer of the substitute cues is unknown.)
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 11/16/14 including annotations for "The Caress of a Butterfly's Wing" and overview for DTI: The Collectors

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 04:13 PM   #359
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain
 
TREK_GOD_1's Avatar
 
Location: Escaped from Delta Vega
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

ScottDS wrote: View Post
The hits just keep on comin'!

SEASON 1, DISC 5

The City on the Edge of Forever
Music Composed and Conducted by Fred Steiner
Interpolating “Goodnight, Sweetheart” by Jimmy Campbell, Reginald Connelly and Ray Noble
Episode #28, Recorded 3/24/67
Aired #28, 4/6/67

1. Main Title* (cello version; Courage/Roddenberry, arr. Steiner) 0:52
2006 Recording Conducted and Produced by Gregory Smith

2. New York 1930 M26–30+M26–30B 1:37
3. Edith’s Theme M33 1:25
4. Edith Suspects M43 1:20
5. Goodnight, Sweetheart (vocal)† M44 1:28
6. Edith’s Fate/Edith Must Die M47/M47A 1:16
7. Edith’s Vision M51 0:45
8. Edith Falls M61 0:55
9. Edith’s Death M65 0:37

Total Time: 10:38

*Contains “Theme From Star Trek (TV Series)” by Alexander Courage and Gene Roddenberry
†Contains “Goodnight, Sweetheart” by Jimmy Campbell, Reginald Connelly and Ray Noble, published by Campbell, Connelly Inc. and EMI Robbins Catalog Inc. (ASCAP).

First Season Library Music
Music Composed by Joseph Mullendore

10. Impension* LM1 1:10
11. Lonely to Dramatic* LM3 1:27
12. Romantic Scene* LM6 0:46
13. Pensive Mood* 13LM2 2:09
14. Play-Off (with button)* 13LM5 0:15
15. Play-Off (with sustain)* 13LM5A 0:18

Music Composed by Wilbur Hatch

16. Love Scene* 13LHM3 1:29
17. Humoresque* 13LHM7 0:43
18. Humoresque (tag)* 13LHM7A 0:13

Total Time (10–18): 8:48

Tracks 10–12 and disc 4, track 18 recorded with “The Corbomite Maneuver,” “Balance of Terror” and “What Are Little Girls Made Of?”
Tracks 13–18 recorded with “The Consience of the King”

Music Composed and Conducted by Fred Steiner
From “Charlie X”:

19. That’s a Girl M12X 0:42
20. Kirk’s Command M13X 0:57
21. Charlie’s Mystery M14X 0:45
22. Kirk Puzzled M34X 0:38
23. Kirk Puzzled M34Y 0:22
24. Kirk Puzzled M34Z 0:15
25. Zap Sam M41X 1:01
26. Zap the Pistol M42X tk 1 0:42
27. Zap the Pistol M42X tk 2 0:11
28. Standoff M43X 0:54
29. Standoff M43Y 0:17
30. Standoff M43Z 0:08
31. Zap Janice M52X 1:00
32. Zap the Spaceship M54X tk 1 0:08
33. Zap the Spaceship M54X tk 2 0:04
34. Charlie’s Friend M61X tk 1 0:40
35. Charlie’s Friend M61X tk 3 0:10

From “Mudd’s Women”:

36. The Last Crystal M31X 0:14
37. The Last Crystal M31X tk 3 0:07

From “The Corbomite Manuever”:

38. Condition Alert M13A 0:14
39. Hideous Balok M33A 0:25
40. Baby Balok M61 0:31

From “Balance of Terror”:

41. Theme From Star Trek* 9MA pt 1 0:12
42. Theme From Star Trek* 9MA pt 2 0:14
43. Theme From Star Trek* 9MA pt 3 0:11
44. Theme From Star Trek* 9MA pt 4 0:12
45. Romulan Theme M22/M22A tk 1 0:52

From “The City on the Edge of Forever”:

46. Edith Must Die M47B 0:12

Source Music, Sound Effects and Outtakes

Source Music From “Charlie X”:

47. Weird Guitar M21 (Steiner) 0:12
48. Charlie Is My Darling M21A/M21B (traditional, arr. Steiner; vocal: Nichelle Nichols) 2:17

First Season Score Alternates:

49. Joe Berserk M21 tk 3 (from “The Naked Time,” Courage) 0:14
50. Leg Trick M51/M51A (from “Shore Leave,” Fried) 1:02

Total Time (19–50): 17:14

The Squire of Gothos
Source Music Performed by Ivan Ditmars
Episode #18, Recorded 12/16/66
Aired #17, 1/12/67

51. A Major Sonata (Domenico Scarlatti) M21/M21A/M22 1:19
52. F Minor Sonata (Scarlatti) M31/M32 1:18
53. Southern Roses (Johann Strauss) M33–40 3:47

Total Time: 6:29

The Cage Pre-Recording

54. Vina’s Dance (Wilbur Hatch) 2:09

Sound Effects

55. Transporter Effect (“The Cage”) M4 tk 3 0:14
56. Planet Atmosphere (“The Cage”) [Series Transporter Effect] M16 tk 3 2:02
57. Pike Window Bump (“The Cage”) M8 tk 1 0:11
58. Talosian Door Effect (“The Cage”) M14 tk 6 0:08
59. Disappearance Effect (“The Cage”) MRV tk 1 0:14
60. Sickbay Scanner, High (“Where No Man Has Gone Before”) MFX3 tk 1 0:33
61. Sickbay Scanner, Low (“Where No Man Has Gone Before”) MFX2 tk 1 0:47

Unused Sound Effects

62. Computer Processing (“The Cage”) M11 tk 1 0:35
63. Computer Transmission (“Where No Man Has Gone Before”) MFX1 tk 1 0:23
64. Planet Atmosphere Alternate #1 (“The Cage”) M1 tk 1 0:34
65. Planet Atmosphere Alternate #2 (“The Cage”) M2 tk 2 0:34
66. Planet Atmosphere Alternate #3 (“The Cage”) M3 tk 1 0:36
67. Planet Atmosphere Alternate #4 (“The Cage”) M16 tk 4 2:01
68. Pike Window Bump (“The Cage”) M8 tk 2–6 0:14
69. Bass Twangs (“The Cage”) M10 tk 1, 2 0:46

Sound Effects Rehearsals and Outtakes

70. Planet Atmosphere (“The Cage”) [Series Transporter Effect] M16 tk 2 (Alexander Courage rehearsal) 1:05
71. Enterprise Fly-By (“The Naked Time”) MX1 tk 1 (Alexander Courage vocal effect) 0:28
72. Virus Sound (“The Naked Time”) MX4 tk 1, 2 0:41

Total Time (55–72): 12:56

Theme Music Outtakes

73. Main Title* (electric violin version; arr./cond. Courage) MT tk 1–5, 7 5:03
74. Main Title* (cello version, arr./cond. Steiner) M10A tk 1–3 3:02
75. End Title* (electric violin version, arr./cond. Courage) ET tk 1 0:57
76. End Title* (cello version, arr./cond. Steiner) META tk 1–3, 5–6 5:20

Total Time: 14:31

Total Disc Time: 73:21

*Contains “Theme From Star Trek (TV Series)” by Alexander Courage and Gene Roddenberry
I can only inagine how this will sound...

Waiting until release day could drive a man insane!
__________________
"...to be like God, you have the power to make the world anything you want it to be."
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2012, 01:21 AM   #360
NicholasM79
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
View NicholasM79's Twitter Profile
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

SEASON 2, DISC 1

Catspaw
Music Composed and Conducted by Gerald Fried
Episode #30, Recorded 6/21/67
Aired #36, 10/27/67

1. Main Title* (soprano version, arr./cond. Courage) 1:01
2. Starship*/Captain Kirk M11/M12+M12X 1:13
3. Orbiting Ship*/Fog Planet M13/M13A+M13B 1:51
4. Thicker Fog/Witches M14+M14A/M15 1:47
5. Fog Storm/Castle/Second Castle M16–20+M16–20A/M21/M22 2:28
6. Cat Music/Enterprise* M22X/M22A 1:05
7. Follow That Cat/Brain-Washed M23/M24 2:10
8. Drugged/Scene Change Sweetener/Korob/Lap Kitten/Cat as Hostess/Free Meal/The Bribe M25/M25A/M26/M31/M32/M33+M33A/M34 3:27
9. Sylvia/Unguarded Entrances/Sympathetic Magic M35/M36/M37+M37X 2:41
10. Cooking Lesson/Force Field M41/M42 1:31
11. Defeated Captain/Music to Dent Force Fields By M43/M44 1:06
12. Bones, the Zombie M45 0:44
13. Love, Sort Of M51 3:26
14. Kirk Caught/Rescue M52/M53 0:52
15. Racial Memories/Captain Kirk/Mace Fight M54–60/M54–60A/M61 3:32
16. Giant Cat M62+M25A 1:31
17. Wand-Breaking/The Prototypes/Five to Beam Up* M63+M25A/M64+64B/M64A 1:32

Total Time: 32:36

*Contains “Theme From Star Trek (TV Series)” by Alexander Courage and Gene Roddenberry

Friday’s Child
Music Composed and Conducted by Gerald Fried
Episode #32, Recorded 7/7/67
Aired #40, 12/1/67

18. Ship*/Capella IV M11/M12 1:09
19. Captain’s Log* M13A/M13 2:06
20. Klingon Ship/Music for Fruits/The Teer M14/M15/M16-20 1:26
21. The Challenge/Klingon Blip M21/M21A 1:09
22. Distress Signal M22 1:42
23. Arm Barbeque/Slow Turn/Call of Duty M24/M25/M26 0:56
24. Scott/Bones’ Good Idea/Capellan Desert M31/M32/M33A 2:16
25. Belly Feeler M34 2:13
26. Sonic Ambush/Bouncing Boulder M35/M36 1:03
27. Kras on the Rocks/Paternity Case/New Capellan in Town M41/M45/M51 1:42
28. Negative Report/Old Russian Saying/The Mother Splits M53/M54/M55 1:34
29. The Baby Sitter/Road Hog M56/M57 0:44
30. Down the Throat M58 1:13
31. Arrows M61 1:28
32. Forfeit M62 1:31
33. Coochy Coo/Godfathers M63/M64 0:39
34. End Title* (soprano version, arr./cond. Courage) 0:46

Total Time: 24:13

Total Disc Time: 56:56

*Contains “Theme From Star Trek (TV Series)” by Alexander Courage and Gene Roddenberry
__________________
Nicholas Mooneyhan
NicholasM79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.