TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 13 2012, 07:22 PM   #91
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

Re: Boardwalk Empire - Season 3 (Discussion, Spoilers)

I really thought Nucky would pull it off, then he just gets abandoned. Not only by his business associates but also by his wife and right hand man. Really stoked to see how this all turns out, it's setting up quite nicely.
Old November 19 2012, 05:09 AM   #92
Warped9
Admiral

Yikes! Nucky is really on his own with Owen Slater now gone. I didn't see that coming. Helluva way to let Margeret's secret out.

Nucky should be nicer to Chalky.

Rosetti remains one fucked up dude. I really want to see him get offed.
Old November 19 2012, 06:41 PM   #93
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Well, Owen hasn't really been doing his job in the 3rd Season so it's no big loss...

I thought Rosetti was going to use the shovel to decapitate the guy, not just beat him to death...
Anwar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 06:53 PM   #94
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

I was really enjoying Owen's character, such a shame.

What I possibly see happening now is Nucky turning to Richard - at least I hope that's what happens - to be his right hand. Remember their conversation in Nucky's office at the beginning of the season? I thought that might have been setting something up. Richard will be all conflicted now that he has this new bird who actually likes him, it's almost too perfect.
Old November 19 2012, 06:53 PM   #95
Tom
Rear Admiral

It was predictable that that Owen was going to die. No surprise with Rosetti, we know how fucked up he is.
Old November 19 2012, 06:54 PM   #96
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

Rosetti is really batshit insane and quite despicable. I knew Owen was toast the moment Lucky and Meir talked to the Italian guy whose name I've forgotten. There are now a lot of possibilities of what will happen next.
Old November 19 2012, 11:01 PM   #97
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

The next two episodes are going to be insane!!!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 01:08 AM   #98
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Garak wrote: View Post
I was really enjoying Owen's character, such a shame.
Agreed. I didn't like him much at first for whatever reason, but he grew on me. It was pretty obvious that he was going to be killed off in this episode, but I was holding out hope for him surviving as I thought there was still some good material yet to be explored with him. Besides, he was the one Irish character on the show that had a genuine Irish accent (even though he was played by an Englishman). They should have killed off Margaret instead, her accent is terrible.

Rosetti is an odd one. I didn't like his insanity at first as I felt it was too over-the-top, but over time I actually came to enjoy it, especially his rant at God before robbing the church. But in this episode I feel they overplayed it, his violent insanity has become predictable. Oh well, he'll probably be dead soon.
Old November 20 2012, 02:12 AM   #99
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Not actually seeing Owen's death made it somehow worse.
Old November 20 2012, 03:17 AM   #100
Warped9
Admiral

sidious618 wrote: View Post
Not actually seeing Owen's death made it somehow worse.
Yes, it was quite chilling.
Old November 20 2012, 06:25 AM   #101
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

So, I guess he got set up by what he thought was going to be an out of town job, only it was someone waiting for him.

I feel bad for Margaret. I keep hoping something good will come out of it for her and Nucky, like some kind of reconciliation, but knowing how gangsters work, that likely will never happen.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 08:34 AM   #102
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Damn, I'm going to miss Owen. I figured he was a goner the moment Lucky sold Nucky out. When Eddie woke up Nucky to tell him a package arrived, I fully expected a small Se7en-esque package. Close enough and just as creepy and heartbreaking. Especially with the reveal of Margaret's pregnancy. Her strong reaction in front of Nucky has completely destroyed their relationship, even more so when he finds out she's pregnant.

I, too, wish Nucky treated Chalky better and hopefully he'll come around on Chalky's proposal, if for no other reason because I want more Chalky. He's been rather absent this season with the exception of one episode.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 03:24 PM   #103
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ That, plus Chalky seems to be the only ally with any muscle that Nucky potentially has left in his corner. He's not doing himself any favors by antagonizing Chalky. The previews seem to imply that Nucky may come to realize this soon.

Heh...my stream of consciousness on the "box" scene went something like, "Hmmm...that box looks big enough for a bod...oh...2 bodies. Damn". Not having seen the actual engagement definitely deepens the darkness of that scene.
Old November 20 2012, 03:45 PM   #104
Tom
Rear Admiral

Why would Nucky be so shocked about Margret cheating on him. It was no secret Nucky was cheating on her. There pretty much even now.
Old November 20 2012, 04:10 PM   #105
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Conversely, I'm also curious why Margaret is angry about Nucky's infidelities. IIRC, she was married to the other Irishman in the beginning of the series when she and Nuck got it on. Technically, she was the first to cheat and I got the impression she knew what she was getting into when she shacked up with him - she's not the naive country girl she pretends to be. Granted, it was a loveless and abusive relationship, but if she's adhering to the principals of Catholic marriage, she doesn't really have the moral high ground either, especially during that period in history when women were still technically the "property" of their husbands (not saying it's right - just saying that's how it was).

Eh...maybe I'm projecting, but at least with Nuck we always knew pretty much where he stood. He's a gangster and a dog with a bone. Not much pretense there, aside from the polish he puts on when working deals. While she does have an endearing interest at altruistically helping people (with the free clinic), Margaret also seems to ensconce herself in the blanket of faux piety and righteous moral indignation to obfuscate her own sins. Perhaps the clinic was her way of trying to change her spiritual course and right the wrongs of her past deeds. Now that the two things she seems to love in the world are gone (not including her kids), being that of the clinic and Owen (at the behest of Nucky), she may start doing some wacky things in the final 2 eps. Should be VERY cool.