RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,865
Posts: 5,328,858
Members: 24,556
Currently online: 455
Newest member: ndjamena

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 18 2012, 05:35 PM   #46
MacLeod
Admiral
 
Location: Great Britain
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

I got the impression following events of last season, that the Doctor wanted to lie low, and not gain any more attention than he already had hence.
__________________
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 05:59 PM   #47
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

Nightowl1701 wrote: View Post

Not to mention what's still hanging over his head, something he fears even more than his 'death' last season - the fields of Trenzalore, the "Fall of the Eleventh," the Question that MUST (never) be answered. (And he never did find out who blew up the TARDIS, did he?) He was already in a bad mood going into the events in New York; now after all this, and with his erasure from the very memory of the universe, it makes sense that the 1,300+ year old (at least) Doctor would decide "I've had it. I'm getting too old for this ****."

Enter Clara...
Interestingly this might call for a new pair of eyes(12th doctor)

Who might believe there's still stuff to be done out there

Not saying Matt smith is close to leaving
__________________
"Inception" is a layer cake.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 07:08 PM   #48
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post

Interestingly this might call for a new pair of eyes(12th doctor)

Who might believe there's still stuff to be done out there

Not saying Matt smith is close to leaving
Nah, that sort of character arc is the sort that needs to be resolved in the same incarnation. And will probably be resolved in the Xmas Special...
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: 1000 Years Of Annoying The French (Stephen Clarke)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 10:10 AM   #49
Starkers
Admiral
 
Starkers's Avatar
 
Location: Behind enemy lines
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

Loved it both the minisode and the trailer, but especially the minisode, and especially Strax…though it was nice to see Vastra and especially nice to see Jenny…

Damn moon…
__________________
Werewolves on the Moon Now with Oculus review

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 12:34 PM   #50
Brent
Admiral
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Location: TARDIS
Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

Jenna Louis-Coleman is really hot! I've never heard of her before (well saw the Dalek episode, but I mean the actress, not familiar with her) and she's got a lot of hot pics on google.

I loved this minisode, can't wait for the Christmas special. I like the idea that the Doctor is a bit docile, and needs a kick start, and she's just the one to do it. I also like the fact that the Doctor is finally going to have another companion from a different time period than our own. I like it when the Doctor has companions from the past or future, and not our own time. It makes it more interesting.
__________________
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 01:40 PM   #51
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral
 
The Mirrorball Man's Avatar
 
Location: Switzerland
View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

Brent wrote: View Post
I also like the fact that the Doctor is finally going to have another companion from a different time period than our own. I like it when the Doctor has companions from the past or future, and not our own time. It makes it more interesting.
I can't relate to that at all. I always feel that people who support that idea are the same people who would have enjoyed an all-Klingon Star Trek series.
__________________
Check out my deviantArt gallery!
The Mirrorball Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 02:20 PM   #52
Icemizer
Fleet Captain
 
Icemizer's Avatar
 
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

I will never look at the moon the same way again. I would love a Victorian era spinoff with these characters as they appear to be very interesting indeed. Soemthing to take the place of Sarah Jane perhaps. As for the darker, grumpy Doctor well we know that wont last dont we. Nice to see him in period clothing as well.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 02:49 PM   #53
intrinsical
Fleet Captain
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

I just noticed both Matt and Jenna have big noses. Matching pair
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 03:18 PM   #54
Starkers
Admiral
 
Starkers's Avatar
 
Location: Behind enemy lines
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
I also like the fact that the Doctor is finally going to have another companion from a different time period than our own. I like it when the Doctor has companions from the past or future, and not our own time. It makes it more interesting.
I can't relate to that at all. I always feel that people who support that idea are the same people who would have enjoyed an all-Klingon Star Trek series.
As opposed to the five star trek series we actually got that were full of people, none of whom (bar the odd non-regular character) were from our time? I'm guessing you don't watch any of the Star Wars films, or Battelstar Galactica or any number of sci-fi shows that featured entires casts not of our time.

And of course any historical film or tv is also out because you can't relate to the characters in them?
__________________
Werewolves on the Moon Now with Oculus review

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 03:56 PM   #55
Venardhi
Vice Admiral
 
Venardhi's Avatar
 
Location: Constant transit
Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

intrinsical wrote: View Post
I just noticed both Matt and Jenna have big noses. Matching pair
Jenna's nose is positively button-esque. What exactly do you think constitutes a small nose if not hers?
__________________
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 04:16 PM   #56
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral
 
The Mirrorball Man's Avatar
 
Location: Switzerland
View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

Starkers wrote: View Post
As opposed to the five star trek series we actually got that were full of people, none of whom (bar the odd non-regular character) were from our time? I'm guessing you don't watch any of the Star Wars films, or Battelstar Galactica or any number of sci-fi shows that featured entires casts not of our time.

And of course any historical film or tv is also out because you can't relate to the characters in them?
No, I don't think you understand where I'm coming from. As far as I'm concerned, the Doctor is the alien element in the equation, and the Companion's role is to anchor the show in a recognizable reality and perspective, and to serve as the de facto point of view character. When the Companion is a caveman, a robot or a talking penguin, you lose part of what makes the Doctor Who formula successful.
__________________
Check out my deviantArt gallery!
The Mirrorball Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 05:11 PM   #57
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
I also like the fact that the Doctor is finally going to have another companion from a different time period than our own. I like it when the Doctor has companions from the past or future, and not our own time. It makes it more interesting.
I can't relate to that at all. I always feel that people who support that idea are the same people who would have enjoyed an all-Klingon Star Trek series.
Thing is, this is something that has some actual evidence to back it up, since some of the more popular companions in classic Who weren't from modern times. Indeed, the first Who companion to get a spin-off was a time traveler from the future. Although they did stick him in modern day.

__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 05:13 PM   #58
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral
 
The Mirrorball Man's Avatar
 
Location: Switzerland
View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Thing is, this is something that has some actual evidence to back it up, since some of the more popular companions in classic Who weren't from modern times.
It is. It's just a matter of personal taste.
__________________
Check out my deviantArt gallery!
The Mirrorball Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 05:31 PM   #59
Psion
Commodore
 
Psion's Avatar
 
Location: Lat: 40.1630936 Lon: -75.1183777
View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Indeed, the first Who companion to get a spin-off was a time traveler from the future. Although they did stick him in modern day.
I never knew Sara Jane was from the future!

Or a him.

__________________
Twinkies are back. I knew they couldn't stay away from me for long.
Psion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 05:34 PM   #60
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral
 
The Mirrorball Man's Avatar
 
Location: Switzerland
View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile
Re: Children in Need 2012: Christmas Special prequel + trailer

Psion wrote: View Post
I never knew Sara Jane was from the future!
Oh come on.

Or a him.
Ok, you got me.
__________________
Check out my deviantArt gallery!
The Mirrorball Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.