Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 19 2012, 05:40 AM   #631
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Finally we can drop the whole Lori thing, SHE IS DEAD. Rick was hallucinating her on the phone, he's gone off the wall a bit. Carol is alive. Finally Mishone finds the group, and Andrea sleeps with yet another evil villain. Next weeks ep looks awesome.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 06:15 AM   #632
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Why would Michonne turn into a walker? She didn't die; she wasn't bitten--unless the guts dripped into the bullet hole in her jeans, she's good.

Daryl kills Merle. There's no other satisfying conclusion. Daryl is all kinds of awesome. I wonder what they'll name the baby. She's got to be Rick's baby. It's been 8 months "since this all happened" according the the voices of the characters. 8 months and however many days. A normal, healthy pregnancy is 10 months, 9 lunar months. 40 weeks. That baby girl doesn't look premature to me. Lori had to have been pregnant before the initial epidemic. Just because she and Rick were fighting doesn't mean there wasn't some make up sex at some point. Rick was in the hospital 2 or 3 weeks at most and he found the group barely a week later. In all the chaos of the freaking zombie apocalypse, it's not so unbelievable that a missed period wouldn't register. You'd attribute it to stress. She and Rick had some angry sex right before he got shot and there you go. It can't be Shane's kid. I hope they name her Sophia.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 09:47 AM   #633
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Could Andrea be any more of an idiot? She's this season's Lori.
Old November 19 2012, 03:17 PM   #634
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

She doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to choosing lovers.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 03:18 PM   #635
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Andrea doesn't know he has heads floating in a jar. How could she know that? Who thinks that someone is going to have heads in a jar? It's not like there are a lot of options in this world.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 03:19 PM   #636
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

the G-man wrote: View Post
TheSeeker wrote: View Post
It certainly seems to be the case, but there is nothing saying that Carl didn't miss when he shot her. As someone else said, he could have closed his eyes, pulled the trigger and ended up just grazing her.
Oh, for the love of God...

Kirkman has said she's dead. Executive Producer Greg Nicotero (who directed the last episode) has said she's dead.

SHE'S DEAD. SHE WAS KILLED BY CARL AND HER REMAINS WERE EATEN BY THAT ZOMBIE.
SHE'S NOT JUST RESTING.
SHE IS NOT STUNNED.
SHE'S NOT JUST PINING FOR THE FIORD.
SHE IS DECEASED!!!!!

Lori Grimes the character has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker! She's a stiff! Bereft of life, she rests in peace! Pushing up the daisies! Her metabolic processes are now history! She's off the twig! She's kicked the bucket, she's shuffled off 'her mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

Geezus.
Wow. Overreact much?
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 03:45 PM   #637
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Is it just me or does Merle and Daryl's relationship seem to give off more and more hints of maybe not abuse but at least a severe level of control?

When Daryl imagines Merle during season two, Merle is in rare domineering douchebag mode. Then last night Daryl tells Carl that he could only go outside and play with the neighborhood kids when Merle was not around.

I may not be remembering the exact wording correctly, but I could have sworn that Daryl alluded to his life being better when Meryl was in prison (season two on the road).

How did Michonne find the prison? It was not like Glenn and Maggie drove in on a dirt track.

I love how everyone looks all sweat stained and hardened and then there is that cute, fresh, pink-clad baby.
Old November 19 2012, 04:05 PM   #638
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

I'm sure any gas station she passed would have had a map.
Mister Fandango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 04:25 PM   #639
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

or she's from the area. They aren't traveling very far.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 05:14 PM   #640
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Andrea doesn't know he has heads floating in a jar. How could she know that? Who thinks that someone is going to have heads in a jar? It's not like there are a lot of options in this world.
She does not need to know about the head tanks for alarms to ring; Michonne pointed out several distubing things about the man and his town (remember his book with all of the names?), they hold zombie gladiator games, and Merle's secretive conversation with a wall guard (before Michonne's departure) should have been enough warning for her to get out of town.

Instead, she is either playing a mind game with the Governor (to learn more), or she is back to being the distasteful character with no internal filter she has been since season one.
Old November 19 2012, 05:20 PM   #641
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
How did Michonne find the prison? It was not like Glenn and Maggie drove in on a dirt track.
Perhaps she's so familiar with the general area, that it was a logical assumption of where two cleaned up people would be hiding out. They arrived in town by vehicle, so she probably thought they are not hiding anywhere nearby, neighborhoods are zombie no-man's lands, so where else would they live?

I love how everyone looks all sweat stained and hardened and then there is that cute, fresh, pink-clad baby.
I think they would go out of their way to keep the baby clean, even if their own habits fall by the wayside from time to time.
Old November 19 2012, 05:22 PM   #642
Rhaven
Captain

Brent wrote: View Post
Finally we can drop the whole Lori thing, SHE IS DEAD. Rick was hallucinating her on the phone, he's gone off the wall a bit. Carol is alive. Finally Mishone finds the group, and Andrea sleeps with yet another evil villain. Next weeks ep looks awesome.

Amen.

I'm really happy to that Carol is alive.
I'm even happier to see Michone join up with Rick's group.
I can see a rescue of the 2 captives and Andrea. Maybe the Gov will get outted as the evil DB that he is.
Old November 19 2012, 05:50 PM   #643
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
She does not need to know about the head tanks for alarms to ring; Michonne pointed out several distubing things about the man and his town (remember his book with all of the names?), they hold zombie gladiator games, and Merle's secretive conversation with a wall guard (before Michonne's departure) should have been enough warning for her to get out of town.

Instead, she is either playing a mind game with the Governor (to learn more), or she is back to being the distasteful character with no internal filter she has been since season one.
you have to balance any small hints with the very obvious fact that he has created paradise out of hell on earth. Michonne didn't exactly give a lot of details about why she was uncomfortable there. And she isn't exactly normal. And Andrea's own group was pretty crazy too. You also need to consider the fact that they are all traumatized and in mourning.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 05:51 PM   #644
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Yes, I was very happy that Carol was alive. I shudder to think, however, of what will happen to Glen & Maggie at the hands of the Governor.

Can't wait for next week!
Old November 19 2012, 06:02 PM   #645
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I can't imagine that there's not going to be a Merle/Daryl showdown at some point. I keep thinking that maybe that's where Carol will somehow play into it.
Unless Carol is the one to kill him. Maybe a vengeful Merle is close to killing Daryl (false sense of betrayal, etc.), so Carol--with her newfound sharpshooter skills--takes out Merle.

I can imagine Merle still thinking she is the Carol of old and openly mocks her, only to learn how wrong that thought was when the trigger is squeezed.