Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade Blood & Chrome...
Excellent 43 34.96%
Above Average 53 43.09%
Average 24 19.51%
Below Average 3 2.44%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 17 2012, 05:55 PM   #196
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

Really enjoyed parts 3 and 4. After B&C was shelved, its fate uncertain, and then it left on ice for many months, I (and I suspect, many others) was under the impression that the final product just wasn't up to par. SyFy wasn't happy with the results, or they didn't know what to do with it. Having actually seen the first 4 pieces of this story, my fears about the quality are pretty much gone. This has been a pretty cool addition to the BSG universe. I am glad that it's finally available online, and will soon follow on DVD/Blu-Ray (and if we're super lucky, we'll get a soundtrack? We need more Bear McCreary soundtracks!).
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Old November 17 2012, 09:25 PM   #197
The Wormhole
Admiral

Candlelight wrote: View Post
The story is good and I'm enjoying it greatly. The ghost fleet was good but the throwaway name of 'Valkyrie' is starting to head towards Trek territory (IE using the same names over and over makes the universe a lot smaller; homages are nice but they could've picked a DIFFERENT name...).
I have to agree with this. It's Adama's first week out of the Academy and he's already run into the two ships he will some day command.

Well, I'm sure this is probably a different Valkyrie, since the one we saw in Hero was supposed to be a newer ship. But still, they really should have gone with a different name.
Old November 17 2012, 10:07 PM   #198
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I like the reusing of actors, Mike Dopud just confused me because the show is about copies.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 18 2012, 02:57 AM   #199
pst
Lieutenant Commander

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Well, I'm sure this is probably a different Valkyrie, since the one we saw in Hero was supposed to be a newer ship. But still, they really should have gone with a different name.
think it's supposed to be the same ship, they used the same model, it's just not on screen very long. bugged me too though because i'd assumed valkyrie represented a new design and not a contemporary of the galactica.

EDIT

...and i take it back, according the BSG wiki it was a galactica-type battlestar.
Old November 18 2012, 03:31 AM   #200
Candlelight
Admiral

According to Battlestar Wiki, it is the same ship as we see in Hero.
Old November 18 2012, 08:42 AM   #201
Candlelight
Admiral

OK that was weird, BSG Wiki on my mobile had the Valkyrie listed as the same type seen in Hero and included the stuff with B&C and the photo of the ghost fleet showing the Valkyrie (it's there on the latest video, wide shot as they first find the fleet, at roughly 8'51" in, centre left of frame, or in the wider shot preceding that there are two Valkyrie-class ships in view).

Then I jump on the same site on my laptop and it's the original article. So I go back to my phone and it's the original article there too!

So it may be the Galactica-class Battlestar after all. I sincerely hope it is, for two reasons:
- If it's the same ship then - as The Wormhole said above - Adama would have seen two of the ships he would later command.
- It would take the tension off what potentially may happen later in the story; if the ghost fleet were to have a battle at the end of B&C then it's a sure bet at least the Valkyrie survives.
Old November 18 2012, 12:38 PM   #202
Brandonv
Fleet Captain

I had low expectations for Blood & Chrome, so I'm happy to say that I've been pleasantly surprised. I've really enjoyed the first four episodes.
Old November 18 2012, 06:35 PM   #203
Reverend
Rear Admiral

OK that was weird, BSG Wiki on my mobile had the Valkyrie listed as the same type seen in Hero and included the stuff with B&C and the photo of the ghost fleet showing the Valkyrie (it's there on the latest video, wide shot as they first find the fleet, at roughly 8'51" in, centre left of frame, or in the wider shot preceding that there are two Valkyrie-class ships in view).

Then I jump on the same site on my laptop and it's the original article. So I go back to my phone and it's the original article there too!

So it may be the Galactica-class Battlestar after all. I sincerely hope it is, for two reasons:
- If it's the same ship then - as The Wormhole said above - Adama would have seen two of the ships he would later command.
- It would take the tension off what potentially may happen later in the story; if the ghost fleet were to have a battle at the end of B&C then it's a sure bet at least the Valkyrie survives.
Wikis are fan edited, so I really wouldn't take their word for anything. They have undo buttons, so articles changing back and forth--especially where new content is concerned--is a very common occurrence.

As for the show itself, I'm enjoying the webisodes so far. A little light on character development, but that's balanced by the action, intrigue and relatively small cast of characters.
Old November 18 2012, 09:06 PM   #204
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

The series keeps getting better. While there are plenty of cliches here, all the action, FX, and design are really making this series entertaining as hell.
Old November 19 2012, 12:55 AM   #205
Candlelight
Admiral

So... anyone wanna hazard a guess as to where this show might go?

*** purely speculative guesses only ***

I think Djerba will turn out to be a Colonial base, not a Cylon occupied planet as we're told. Dr Kelly is either part of a plan to make a new breed of Cylons for fighting Cylons, or they are perfecting their own 'virus' to try and take the Cylons down.

Unfortunately this is where a prequel fails. The whole missing to get Kelly out there is based on the notion it might 'turn the tide of war'.

Well, Razor has shown us not much has really changed, so Kelly's plan will obviously fail. It might set the Cylons back and give the movie a stand alone victory, but I think the plan itself won't work (this is BSG we're talking about here).

I would also like to the Galactica herself come in guns blazing towards the end; the show is called Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, so lets get the Big G to play her part.
Old November 19 2012, 01:30 AM   #206
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

^ Adama and Kelly will frak. I mean, this is BSG. At some point, somebody has to frak someone else. It's a given. Adama will face ground combat against cylons, which will cause him to morph into the cylon-hating badass that we all know and love. I'm not sure about Kelly's mission. Probably has to do with uploading a virus, which will fail.
Old November 19 2012, 01:43 AM   #207
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

I think she is actually a sympathizer. We've seen nods to Caprica - I think she's a worshipper of the monotheists' god, and she's a double agent.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old November 19 2012, 03:32 AM   #208
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

They're putting a lot of emphasis on the holodeck goggle things, so it's clearly going to have something to do with that. Especially since Kelly used to work for Greystone Industries, the people who came up with that technology as well.

My guess is that it has to do with Zoe. The mission is either to track her down and capture her in order to try to figure out why the Cylons did what they did or find some way to take control of them the same way she did, or Zoe herself has had a change of heart and is reaching out to try to help humanity. Either way, it's going to take place via virtual space.
Old November 19 2012, 03:46 AM   #209
Kegg
Rear Admiral

^
I think it's unlilkely Zoe or any other Caprica plot thread will play that direct a role. At most the show may reference Zoe as the Cylon god but I don't see her appearing.

6079SmithW wrote: View Post
^ Adama and Kelly will frak. I mean, this is BSG.
Most definitely.

Well, Razor has shown us not much has really changed, so Kelly's plan will obviously fail. It might set the Cylons back and give the movie a stand alone victory,
Razor showed us a war that what, had the Cylons and humans more or less at parity in terms of power? The point of B&C is right now the Cylons are winning, and winning could include plain wiping out the species. This could be the pivot moment that gives the Colonials a fighting chance at not being wiped out.
Old November 19 2012, 05:28 AM   #210
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

the plan itself won't work
Damn strait! Oh wait ... you're talking about B&C ... not nBSG ... never mind.