Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old November 19 2012, 12:16 AM   #31
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: is "Into Darkness" Quinto's last as Spock?

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
Who is Deep Roy??? The little munchkin?
Yep.
KingDaniel wrote: View Post
[...]
Yep, Keesner. I think I read somewhere that he's a superstar in India. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Roy
I had to do a search for a photo to see who he was, and I remember him from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as an Ooompa Loompa. He did very well in that.

About the alleged fighting with Pegg, I don't know, but I suspect he didn't want to be a sidekick. Honestly, I can't believe he played a Starfleet officer and they didn't bother to put him in a Starfleet uniform. I had the impression that he was Scotty's pet. That's not too good when he's supposed to be just as capable as any other officer. No one spoke to him or asked him any questions, and I don't know if he can even talk or what race he is. I hope he gets better development for an officer, like one or two speaking lines at least. And thanks for the link.

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Just to put things in perspective, remember that THE WRATH OF KHAN was supposed to be Nimoy's swan song as Spock.

And THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY . . . .

And "Unification" . . . .

For all we know, an eighty-year-old Quinto will someday be playing Spock Prime 2.0 in the blockbuster reboot 2009's STAR TREK.
Greg, you sure do know how to hand out hope like lollipops.

Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
Deep Roy played the Oompa-Loompas (all of them) in the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Oh, I didn't remember that he played them all. That's some acting!

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
If they kill off Uhura...
I'll not hear of it. I'll just expect that she lives and that she and Spock have a wonderful family some day.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 12:31 AM   #32
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Who is Deep Roy??? The little munchkin?
Yep.

I had to do a search for a photo to see who he was, and I remember him from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as an Ooompa Loompa. He did very well in that.

About the alleged fighting with Pegg, I don't know, but I suspect he didn't want to be a sidekick. Honestly, I can't believe he played a Starfleet officer and they didn't bother to put him in a Starfleet uniform.
Click.
Old November 19 2012, 01:16 AM   #33
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

^Thank you. So, my mistake. With a still shot, close-up, you can see it. But, this was at the very end of the film where the camera is on him for like a second, in an up-angle, and while he's kind of hunched. It's not like Pegg, where we got to see him walking about in his uniform and interacting with people in better lighting, but then he's Scotty... I'm just glad to know that they did give him an uniform. That makes me feel better about his future development.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Old November 19 2012, 01:40 AM   #34
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

^Thank you. So, my mistake. With a still shot, close-up, you can see it. But, this was at the very end of the film where the camera is on him for like a second, in an up-angle, and while he's kind of hunched. It's not like Pegg, where we got to see him walking about in his uniform and interacting with people in better lighting, but then he's Scotty... I'm just glad to know that they did give him an uniform. That makes me feel better about his future development.
Remember also that, when we first see Scotty, he's not in uniform, either (must be not a uniform-dress kind of Starfleet facility, or something.) He does get one after his trip through the Turbine Room tubes and Spock's beatdown of Kirk on the bridge, but Keenser (along with oldSpock) presumably doesn't get off the Delta Vega outpost until some time after Earth is saved, Pike rescued and Nero defeated, so we don't see him in uniform until Enterprise is repaired and heading back out under Kirk's command.
Old November 19 2012, 01:48 AM   #35
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

And Keenser *can* speak. He only says one word in the film (when Scotty says "Unless you know of some other half-starved Starfleet officer" and Keenser pipes up "Me!"), but it is there.

Before Keenser appears for the first time - right after Kirk and Spock Prime first enter the Delta Vega facility - we hear some things that might be Keenser speaking in his native language. It's right before we see him appear at the end of the corridor and start walking towards Kirk and Spock.
Old November 19 2012, 02:02 AM   #36
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

More on this from Zachary

simmer down kids. rumors are rumors for a reason. quotes out of context. let's let the second movie come out before we talk about a third...
Link - Twitter.

At the moment, it's too early to think about the third movie right at the moment. The second one will be awesome.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 02:37 AM   #37
Sky
Captain

Gaaaah. You mean the cutesy little useless pet critter appears in the new movie?
Sky   is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 02:42 AM   #38
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Remember also that, when we first see Scotty, he's not in uniform, either (must be not a uniform-dress kind of Starfleet facility, or something.) He does get one after his trip through the Turbine Room tubes and Spock's beatdown of Kirk on the bridge, but Keenser (along with oldSpock) presumably doesn't get off the Delta Vega outpost until some time after Earth is saved, Pike rescued and Nero defeated, so we don't see him in uniform until Enterprise is repaired and heading back out under Kirk's command.
Very true. I just hope to see him in good lighting with his uniform on this time, doing a bit of interacting, even briefly. And now that he's on the Enterprise, it'd be good to know what his job is.

And Keenser *can* speak. He only says one word in the film (when Scotty says "Unless you know of some other half-starved Starfleet officer" and Keenser pipes up "Me!"), but it is there.

Before Keenser appears for the first time - right after Kirk and Spock Prime first enter the Delta Vega facility - we hear some things that might be Keenser speaking in his native language. It's right before we see him appear at the end of the corridor and start walking towards Kirk and Spock.
I'd have to watch the corridor part, but I do remember the "Me!," part now that you mention it. It's been a while since I've watched the film, and I'm going off of a dusty memory--Not the best thing! Well, maybe with this next film he'll get more than "Me!" and some under-his-breath noises. I'd just like to know what race he is. I don't remember the movie stating that, or did it?

ElimParra wrote: View Post
More on this from Zachary

simmer down kids. rumors are rumors for a reason. quotes out of context. let's let the second movie come out before we talk about a third...
Link - Twitter.

At the moment, it's too early to think about the third movie right at the moment. The second one will be awesome.
Thanks for the link. I haven't read his twitter in a while. I don't know about calling everybody "kids," but what he said doesn't really refute what he said previously. He's basically delaying the conversation. He should be able to say if he's interested in doing a 3rd movie or not, or if he's under contract for a 3rd movie, which is what I believe is the case. Anyway, thinking about it now is not going to change what happens with the second movie, so I'll just hope for the best with the second movie (if S/U stay together).

And of course, I'm wishing him the best, whatever he decides...

Old November 19 2012, 02:43 AM   #39
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Sky wrote: View Post
Gaaaah. You mean the cutesy little useless pet critter appears in the new movie?
Oh, come on now. He was okay.

Old November 19 2012, 02:46 AM   #40
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

These kind of quotes often get blown out a proportion. I remember when, several years ago, a weary Anthony Hopkins, who had just come off a couple of exhausting shoots, made the mistake of mentioning to an interviewer that he was worn out and tired of making movies. Naturally, this led to a flurry of headlines about how Hopkins was retiring, quitting acting, and so on, when, really, he had just been expressing a desire to take some time off . . . .

Needless to say, Hopkins' "retirement" proved to be greatly exaggerated.
Old November 19 2012, 02:51 AM   #41
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

^ More hope lollipops. I can dig it.

Old November 19 2012, 03:29 AM   #42
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

@SpockUhuraFan: In the ST Ongoing comic, Keenser's species are called 'Roylans'.
Old November 19 2012, 03:31 AM   #43
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

^Thank you.

Old November 19 2012, 04:23 AM   #44
Agenda
Fleet Captain

maybe spock will die and be replaced by thelin
Agenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 04:38 AM   #45
UFO
Captain

@SpockUhuraFan: In the ST Ongoing comic, Keenser's species are called 'Roylans'.
Specifically he's from the mining caste: "Deep Roylans".
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote