Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old November 18 2012, 12:47 AM   #31
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Trailer coming December 14th!!

teacake wrote: View Post
But it wasn't flipped in the actual movie was it? The strangling scene?
No, not in the movie, but the trailer has a kind of rhythm of "something happening on/moving from right side of screen, then left side, then right side, etc." Apparently they wanted that shot in that place in the sequence, but flipped it so as not to interrupt or unbalance the right-left-right-left rhythm.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 01:39 AM   #32
teacock
Admiral

Ah. I had noticed that some fanvids had this scene like this and I hadn't realized it came from the trailer. I'm surprised they didn't just photoshop/whatever the insignia for the trailer.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 09:14 PM   #33
RAMA
Vice Admiral

ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!! Wow a preview AND a trailer!!

I REALLY thought this movie needed word of mouth and publicity before the end of 2012, and thankfully it's getting it.
Old November 18 2012, 09:16 PM   #34
RAMA
Vice Admiral

OK guess im seeing the Hobbit at IMAX...a new IMAX theater is opening up closer to me exactly on DEC 14th!!

RAMA
Old November 18 2012, 11:41 PM   #35
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
^
^^My main interest in SW 7 (thru 9) would be to see if they can fix what they broke (although Revenge of the Sith wasn't awful).
Disney didn't break anything! Lucas is just going to be a rubber stamp, there's no way Disney paid him 4 billion dollars just to let him frak it all up again.

To Disney, Luke Skywalker = Snow White = cash cow to milk for all eternity. They made a Snow White movie in 1937, which didn't stop them from recasting the role 75 years later for a TV series. Luke and the gang are going to be like that. The role will be recast in the forseaable future and keep being recast when we're all dead & gone & people watch Star Wars on holodecks.

But Darth Vader is an even bigger brand name than Luke, so I have no doubt that a reboot of the prequel, which can hardly help but be an improvement, is an inevitability, since that's the simplest way to revive Darth's brand as an excuse to make more $$$ off the guy.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 11:31 PM   #36
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
^
^^My main interest in SW 7 (thru 9) would be to see if they can fix what they broke (although Revenge of the Sith wasn't awful).
Disney didn't break anything! Lucas is just going to be a rubber stamp, there's no way Disney paid him 4 billion dollars just to let him frak it all up again.

To Disney, Luke Skywalker = Snow White = cash cow to milk for all eternity. They made a Snow White movie in 1937, which didn't stop them from recasting the role 75 years later for a TV series. Luke and the gang are going to be like that. The role will be recast in the forseaable future and keep being recast when we're all dead & gone & people watch Star Wars on holodecks.

But Darth Vader is an even bigger brand name than Luke, so I have no doubt that a reboot of the prequel, which can hardly help but be an improvement, is an inevitability, since that's the simplest way to revive Darth's brand as an excuse to make more $$$ off the guy.
Lucas is working closely with Disney apparently, he is officially a "consultant" on the movie, however, he wrote or co-wrote a story and "has created a lot of characters"...enough to keep Star Wars going for some time to come, according to Lucas in a video interview.

As far as SW affecting ST? why is everyone asking that. SW movies were released in 1980 and 1983, ST movies in 1979 and 1984, they both did quite well. The prequels came out when ST was on a downward note, but insurrection in 1998 still did fairly well when PM was released the same year. The Episdoe 7 will come out a full year after ST:ID, so there will be no direct competition at all.

RAMA
Old November 20 2012, 12:00 AM   #37
StarMan
Vice Admiral

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
Pfft. Half the fun is in squinting at the shaky phone cam footage with tinny sound.

This was my first peek at STXI:
You know, you're not wrong there! That was fun to watch again.
Old November 20 2012, 01:11 AM   #38
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Big huge news!
http://trekweb.com/articles/2012/11/...e-Hobbit.shtml

The Into Darkness trailer is NOT being attached to The Hobbit on December 14, but is BEING RELEASED ONLINE PRIOR TO THAT DATE.

Yes, I'm so excited I'm going caps crazy!
Old November 20 2012, 02:23 AM   #39
teacock
Admiral

WHAT WHAT OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 20 2012, 02:36 AM   #40
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Anthony at TrekMovie seems less sure about the news, but is checking into it:

@TrekMovie
I know another site is saying STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS trailer isn't going with HOBBIT. I am looking into it.
https://twitter.com/TrekMovie/status/270697735429173248

@TrekMovie
I know plans change around but I am certain there is a STID trailer currently in the works as described. Will provide update when have more
https://twitter.com/TrekMovie/status/270697907806670848
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 02:37 AM   #41
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Big huge news!

The Into Darkness trailer is NOT being attached to The Hobbit on December 14, but is BEING RELEASED ONLINE PRIOR TO THAT DATE.

This is nice. And they posted a beautiful picture of Spock at the top. I think that was best.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 02:54 AM   #42
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Big huge news!

Cool news. I wonder what movies are released around then. I first want to see it on the big screen.

For the Australians - it looks like we won't be getting the imax special 9 minute trailer to run with The Hobbit.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 07:07 AM   #43
teacock
Admiral

ElimParra wrote: View Post

For the Australians - it looks like we won't be getting the imax special 9 minute trailer to run with The Hobbit.
I'll live. Saves me money and travel.

Youtube is my friend.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 20 2012, 01:27 PM   #44
ralph
Captain

what would it be better: trailer Into Darkness before or after The Wolverine and The Man Of Steel trailers?
Old November 20 2012, 04:13 PM   #45
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
^
Disney didn't break anything! Lucas is just going to be a rubber stamp, there's no way Disney paid him 4 billion dollars just to let him frak it all up again....
When I said "they" broke it, I didn't mean Disney, but rather TPTB who are in charge of SW at the time (Lucas, namely).
"They" are now Disney, who is now TPTB in charge of SW, and hopefully "they" can fix it -- and they can start by making Lucas just a figurehead in this new endeavor.

...With shoes that cut, and eyes that burn like cigarettes
With fingernails that shine like justice and a voice that is dark like tinted glass...

Last edited by Jackson_Roykirk; November 21 2012 at 02:44 AM.
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote