RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,691
Members: 24,828
Currently online: 500
Newest member: ncc1500

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 6 2012, 10:05 PM   #2116
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Chrysalis wrote: View Post
Temis the Friendly Ghost wrote: View Post
I'm not familiar with Twilight (she said proudly) , do you mean they sparkle? No Sim vampires in freeplay yet, I guess I could cope with sparkly ones even.
There are two kinds, the coffin sleeping, sun hating, blood drinking variation (harder to get and a lot harder to maintain) or "vegetarian" Vampires that drink cloned plasma from the fridge, sparkle in daylight and levitate above normal beds.

Both are ageless and have superspeed literally running 5 times faster than other Sims and turning into bats, but still.
Can they bite human Sims and kill them or turn them into vampires?
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 10:29 PM   #2117
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Both can, and depending on what you "feed" them, it turns them into one or the other.
Old November 7 2012, 09:05 AM   #2118
Kirkman1987
Commodore

After a long break, I'm seriously back into Birds of Steel, playing through the second half of the Japanese Campaign.

I'm really impressed with the amount of content in this game. So many planes in the hanger, Two historical campaigns, and a ton of bonus maps and missions in every theater of the war.

After I finish the Japanese campaign, I'll have a chance to finally play the Battle of Britain DLC pack.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 10:47 AM   #2119
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

NFS Most Wanted, not the 2012 one.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 10:50 AM   #2120
BigFoot
Admiral

^ The 2012 one is a lot of fun.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 11:08 AM   #2121
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

I don't play enough games that buying a brand new computer would be a reasonable investment.
Old November 12 2012, 11:48 AM   #2122
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Makes sense, my PC is also a bit on the older side.
I do all my gaming on my PS3.
Old November 13 2012, 08:02 PM   #2123
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

I don't play video games at all frequently these days, but I did pick up Sleeping Dogs on sale a few weeks ago.

Man, I haven't had this much fun playing a game in a decade or longer. It's as funny and quietly subversive as Vice City or Anachronox from that era. I think it's the characters and storyline that make the difference for me. I haven't finished it yet (I'm really slow at playing through games), but did anyone else play it?

On another note, do any of you watch video games as (and I hate the word) eSports? I find myself tuning into a few Starcraft 2 tournaments here and there.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 08:40 PM   #2124
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Yeah I loved Sleeping Dogs, such a fun game.

And nope, I don't watch any eSports.

As for what I'm playing, I'm still working on the Borderlands 2 platinum trophy... I just can't find Jimmy Fucking Jenkins.
Old November 14 2012, 03:51 PM   #2125
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Holdfast wrote: View Post
On another note, do any of you watch video games as (and I hate the word) eSports? I find myself tuning into a few Starcraft 2 tournaments here and there.
I enjoy watching StarCraft 2 quite a bit. I even went to the NASL finals in Toronto a few months ago to see it live. I find myself watching the game even more than I play it these days.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 12:13 AM   #2126
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
Holdfast wrote: View Post
I enjoy watching StarCraft 2 quite a bit. I even went to the NASL finals in Toronto a few months ago to see it live. I find myself watching the game even more than I play it these days.
Cool!

Yeah, I don't play it at all (only ever did for a short while) but enjoy watching it a lot. It's one of those games where the fun strategic elements only really emerge when players have superb core mechanics & basic macro, such that the strategy & micro can come into play. I'm simply not good enough at the basics - and not willing to put in the time to get good enough - to get up to even a moderately decent level of play. I'm a much more casual type of game player, and tend to prefer playing games that make me laugh.

Re: NASL Toronto; IIRC, that was the tournament where Stephano kicked playboy model Lauren Elise in the face during his victory dance.

WCS finals this week should be decent, but Dreamhack Winter will probably be more fun, I think. Some of the groups are nuts.

I wish Blizzard (or someone independent) would put together a proper World Starcraft Pro Tour, the way the ATP or PGA do for tennis or golf. All the separate organisations would still exist but would be part of a wider, more meaningful series of tournaments. That would really raise the profile of the game and create more of an ongoing storyline to each year with the associated hype and interest.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 04:09 AM   #2127
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

BigFoot wrote: View Post
^ Yeah I loved Sleeping Dogs, such a fun game.

And nope, I don't watch any eSports.

As for what I'm playing, I'm still working on the Borderlands 2 platinum trophy... I just can't find Jimmy Fucking Jenkins.
I've only got one more Achievement for Borderlands 2 and that's getting all the Pirate side missions, which is a huge pain since none of my weapons do crap against Master Gee the Invincible
Old November 15 2012, 06:34 AM   #2128
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

Playing my first Xbox shooter- Black Ops 2. Doing better than I expected to, but I still prefer/ miss using a mouse and keyboard for that sort of thing. So much more precision.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 03:36 PM   #2129
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

BigFoot wrote: View Post
^ The 2012 one is a lot of fun.

Can you put up SW or Trek vinyls on any of the cars in the NFS franchise?

Cade Skywalker would look awesome on my car, so would the newest Enterprise or the Kelvin.
Old November 19 2012, 10:32 AM   #2130
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Playing Black Ops 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U

The former makes me want to bite and/or throw peripherals in frustation. The latter puts a dopey grin on my face and helps me relax.