Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 18 2012, 02:46 AM   #616
JD
Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

I assumed it was somebody from Woodbury.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 02:48 AM   #617
Kegg
Rear Admiral

^
Could be.

That'd be an interesting reunion for Andrea, given what happened at the end of season two...
Old November 18 2012, 07:34 AM   #618
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Kegg wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I don't think Carol is dead. Not sure about the abduction theory, though-- I was assuming that the lurker was the escaped prisoner.
Not possible. All five of the prisoners were with Rick and company killing walkers when Carol was doing her Caesarian.

So whoever was watching her that one time, it's not anyone we know at the prison.
I'm pretty sure that Carol was being watched after Rick chased Andrew (I think that was the name of the prisoner who Rick off and everyone thought was killed) away. I think it was probably too soon for him to be watching and planning on getting the walkers to attack though so it was probably someone from Woodbury...most likely Merle.
Old November 18 2012, 07:44 AM   #619
Mr_Homn
Captain

I think carol is alive. I don't think they would just totally pass up a death scene or *some* kind of finality for a major character.

Unless I am not remembering correctly, the last time we saw her T-dog was sacrificing himself to save her and she just was never heard from again.

I think she'll turn up.
Old November 18 2012, 09:28 AM   #620
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

They just assumed she was dead because the only thing they found was her bandana.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 10:55 AM   #621
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Kegg wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I don't think Carol is dead. Not sure about the abduction theory, though-- I was assuming that the lurker was the escaped prisoner.
Not possible. All five of the prisoners were with Rick and company killing walkers when Carol was doing her Caesarian.

So whoever was watching her that one time, it's not anyone we know at the prison.
I'm pretty sure that Carol was being watched after Rick chased Andrew (I think that was the name of the prisoner who Rick off and everyone thought was killed) away.
Yeah, that's how I remember it, too, although I could be mistaken.
Old November 18 2012, 02:11 PM   #622
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure that Carol was being watched after Rick chased Andrew (I think that was the name of the prisoner who Rick off and everyone thought was killed) away.
I was pretty sure that Tomas was still alive when we saw the Caesarian scene (particularly since Rick finally turning on the prisoners happens fairly late in the episode), but I'd have to rewatch it to be sure.

Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
Unless I am not remembering correctly, the last time we saw her T-dog was sacrificing himself to save her and she just was never heard from again.
Yup. That Carol hasn't appeared at all so far does suggest something has happened to her, though, hence the likelihood of a Woodbury abduction or some other problem. I guess the problem re: Woodbury is if any of the characters we know from there has been absent lately. I don't think we've seen some of the Governor's supernumeraries in a while, they might have done this.
Old November 18 2012, 02:30 PM   #623
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

I like the idea that there is someone else in the prison. It seems so big that it almost feels like there should be someone else holed up in there other than those few prisoners and Rick's group.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2012, 09:55 PM   #624
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
They just assumed she was dead because the only thing they found was her bandana.
...which was kind of a stupid assumption for Rick's group to make.

One: There were no remains at all, and from what we have witnessed over the earlier seasons, zombies do not haul bodies away like a wild cat, and there were no signs of struggle or a trail of blood from the area where the bandana was found.

Two: Zombies do not eat bone, so if Carol was attacked, and even tried to run before collapsing, her clothes and bones would have been discovered (by now) by Rick during his vengeful clean up of the prison. Evidence of this is T-Dog--he was attacked and his remains were found in the spot where he fell.

Three: the rest would not know the following, but Carol just as easily could have decided (or truly believed) the prison was overrun, so she found a way out of the prison and bolted for the woods. That, or the emotional damage of her T-Dog pact being broken in the most gruesome way was too much for her to deal with, so that too, led to her leaving the prison...maybe into the hands of someone.
Old November 19 2012, 04:04 AM   #625
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Give me a three foot shot and I think I might have pulled the trigger on Merle in that situation. Can't be good for them.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 04:05 AM   #626
FreezeC77
Commodore

So Michonn got shot and then had zombie blood and guts splattered all over her. Is there really a logical reason why she shouldn't be on a one-way trip to walkerification via fever?
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 04:19 AM   #627
Mojochi
Commodore

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
So Michonn got shot and then had zombie blood and guts splattered all over her. Is there really a logical reason why she shouldn't be on a one-way trip to walkerification via fever?
This show has been really loose on blood borne exposure, as well as orifice exposure. There could be a reason for that or not, but I suspect it'll just get passed over, in this case

It's somehow comforting to know Merle is still just as much the Merle as he ever was
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 04:36 AM   #628
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

As I suspected, someone is okay.

By now, we know Merle is being set up to be killed by any number of people: Rick--for obvious reasons, Glenn, Michonne and of course his own brother.

Who will earn the chance to take him out?
Old November 19 2012, 04:48 AM   #629
FreezeC77
Commodore

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post

By now, we know Merle is being set up to be killed by any number of people: Rick--for obvious reasons, Glenn, Michonne and of course his own brother.

He also lied to the Gov and will be shown to be a liar if anyone sees Michonne and reports it to him (or he sees her) assuming she is part of an invasion/rescue attempt.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 05:15 AM   #630
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post

I can't imagine that there's not going to be a Merle/Daryl showdown at some point. I keep thinking that maybe that's where Carol will somehow play into it.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote