RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,737
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 1104
Newest member: DeimosAnimus

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old November 14 2012, 02:49 PM   #316
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

Claudia wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
One can know the name Luke Skywalker without ever having seen any of the movies. I unfortunately know who Edward the Vampire is despite never having seen a Twilight movie or read any of the books.
Yes, one can - but since O'Neill is into SF which was stated in some episode (don't know which now), I'd wager he'd seen SW.
I don't remember it being stated O'Neill was into sci-fi. Indeed, the Star Wars conversation in Ascension seems to indicate he isn't (Carter: "You've never seen Star Wars?" O'Neill: "Well, you know me and sci-fi.")

Of course, over the course of the series, O'Neill makes a few Star Trek references indicating he might have more than a passing interest in Trek.
Old November 14 2012, 10:10 PM   #317
gturner
Admiral

Maybe he missed Star Wars because he was deployed somewhere, but it's hard to imagine that he never watched it with is son, especially since he's a fighter pilot. I'm guessing the line just made the scene funnier.
Old November 14 2012, 11:27 PM   #318
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Maybe he was always meaning to watch it with his son but he was too busy and now he will never watch it because of the terrible regret.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 15 2012, 12:21 AM   #319
gturner
Admiral

They should've used that for a poignant moment in another episode. It would've been emotionally powerful.
Old November 15 2012, 01:03 AM   #320
teacake
Admiral

They could have had a few riffs from Cat's in the Cradle in the background.

It could have been a whole different Stargate.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 15 2012, 09:17 AM   #321
gturner
Admiral

I'm curious if you ever watched "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." It only ran two seasons, but it was good.
Old November 15 2012, 09:31 AM   #322
teacake
Admiral

No I haven't. You recommend it do you?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 15 2012, 11:18 AM   #323
teacake
Admiral

Rite of Passage: Nirrti is my absolute favorite Goa'uld. She's just so in your face And the constant open mouth sneer.

Okay the big mystery here is WHAT was Cassandra changing into? Frasier seemed to think she was changing into a dead girl but Cassandra seemed to think she was changing into something new and cool and powerful.

No one asked WHY Cassandra so desperately did not want this transformation to be stopped especially as she obviously felt like crap.

I got the distinct impression that Nirrti thought O'Neill was hot. There is one scene where she looks to him as she makes her mind up and then the end scene when she checks him out as she's about to leave. This is her looking at O'Neill in that scene:

It's not surprising, he is very hot and I think she would love to just pounce on him. Of course he'd be a husk of his former self when she was finished.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 15 2012, 10:46 PM   #324
gturner
Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
No I haven't. You recommend it do you?
I do, but it did get cancelled after season 2 on a cliff-hanger. At times it was tremendous (and other times it wasn't, and occassionally it's a bit cheesy).

By episode 5 you should know if it has you hooked.
Old November 16 2012, 10:25 AM   #325
teacake
Admiral

Beast of Burden: Damn you Rolling Stones, I've always hated you, I hated you when everyone else loved you and I hate you even more now for your whining dumbass lyrics that I couldn't get out of my head while watching this.

In this episode Claudia is proved to be correct on the matter of O'Neill's Star Wars viewing as just after the opening credits he directly quotes Luke Skywalker with a quote that the general public never picked up on.

I was shocked when Daniel handed the Unas the weapon at the end of this. Does he really think this is going to be some noble freedom fighting endeavor and not result in the slaughter of children? As usual he has let sentiment rule.

And..

O'Neill: Daniel, dogs sniff each other's butts, and they're friends for life. We still keep them as pets.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 16 2012, 11:37 AM   #326
teacake
Admiral

The Tomb: I kept waiting for the Russian bird to take off her beret and shake her hair out. Her hair looked to be fashionably short like Carter's (notice I have now gotten used to Carter's hair, though I still preferred Seasons 1-3 variations).

She never did though which is a TERRIBLE WASTE.

Wow a Goa'uld in octopus bug creature.. that was cool. The Russian/American tensions seemed very old tat, this wasn't the cold war era. Russians were a bit cartoony. Still the beautiful Russian bird might return and that is something to hope for. Good Indianna Jones ep.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 16 2012, 12:34 PM   #327
teacake
Admiral

Between Two Fires: Wow, a political intrigue with a great surprise towards the end. I gasped when I saw him, LOL. Taneth is excellent, great actor, great presence, just a perfect suave villain.

And the Tollan are fucked.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 16 2012, 12:43 PM   #328
Skywalker
Admiral

Peter Wingfield is the man.

And now I miss Highlander.
Old November 16 2012, 01:07 PM   #329
teacake
Admiral

I have to say there are some GREAT Goa'uld. Wonderful acting, interesting faces. They are very well done villains.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 16 2012, 02:09 PM   #330
teacake
Admiral

2001: That was a great follow on from 2010 though I now feel sorry for Carter's fella who manages to be a hero in this one after being a weasel in the first. And now he's (presumably) dead

Kinsey is an idiot.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne